Chapter One: Home sweet home.

Heart Without A Beat [Editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One: Home sweet home.

 

Incheon airport, South Korea. Year 2014.

It was a typical Wednesday here in Korea, but not for the tall blonde guy. Today is the day his little sister would return from America. Being seperated from each other for almost 20 years have been a hard time for both of them. His sister needed to get away from this country for a while and he allowed her to do that, because he understood how much pain she was in.

Sighing, he glanced over to his watch and realized that he have been standing near at the terminal he and her sister promised to meet for about one hour now.

He looked up when the familiar scent reached through his nose. A moment later a girl with long blonde hair walked towards him and dropped her bag to the ground to give her brother a hug. "I missed you, hyeong.." The blonde girl whispered. "Are you still calling me hyeong, Sooyeon? People would think that you are a boy or something." The tall guy let go of the hug and knocked her forehead lightly with his knuckles. Grabbing her bag and luggage for her, they walked to the airport's parking lot.

Sooyeon looked up at the dull sky and took off her sunglasses, finding them not so useful at the moment because it seems like it will rain anytime soon.

While her brother put all of her belongings at the car's tailgate, she took the opportunity to look around at her surrondings. 20 years is a long time and Korea have changed so much and so fast, but in a good way of course. She missed Korea while she was in America. Don't get her wrong, she loved California and the weather there, but Korea was still her homeland. She missed everything about it, the people, the food and... her. Sooyeon's plan was to prevent each other to meet, but her brother couldn't take it anymore that she is dealing with the pain alone, so at the end he called her and literally dragged her home again, through phone calls.

"Sooyeon? Stop day dreaming and get inside. It looks like it would rain anytime soon." The blonde guy cut off her train of thoughts. Climbing inside the passenger seat, her brother started the car and drove away from the airport.

A comfortable silence were surronding inside the car and the two of them just enjoyed each others presense.

But a question Sooyeon always wanted to ask him about when she was in California, came back to her mind. "Yifan-hyeong, can I ask you something?" The guy named Yifan stopped his car when the stoplight switched to red light. Looking over at his sibling with curiousity for a while and nodded his head slowly afterwards, unsure about what kind of question she would ask.

Sooyeon started to tell him about the news she heard about a big forest fire had spread through Busan's biggest forest while she was away. "You caused the fire, right?" Sooyeon guessed which make the older one sigh. "Some people from the temple tried to burn down my- our home at the forest, claiming that demons lives there. I just shapeshift back to our gumiho form to scare them away. And today's society isn't scared of us as they were 400 or 500 years ago, so I couldn't just growl at them to scare them away. At the end I felt like I had to start the fire, don't worry Sooyeon, they doesn't have any memories from the incident." Yifan explained to her when he saw that she had a scared and nervous expression on. Erasing memories from humans was not a good thing to do, that's why they only do it when its necessary. Because being exposed to the society is the last thing they wanted to do.

The younger one sighed in relief and put her hand on his shoulder, "It's not your fault hyeong." Even though they were not real siblings to each other, they still see them as a real family. And they only have each other. Yifan glanced over to his sister and decided to bring up a new conversation, to not let the mood down. "So how is your abilities Sooyeon?" The mentioned girl shifted her attention from the window to her brother before she let out a chuckle, "Fire will always beat ice."

 

If Sooyeon knew that she would start college and live with a bunch of strangers, she probably wouldn't come back home. But her brother have already enrolled her to an university nearby and even got her a place to live. Going back to school was unnecessary in her opinion, but since she was just a "normal" 20 years old girl with a American citizen.

"Seriously Sooyeon, get inside now. I don't have time for you to grumble here outside at the front door." But the other stubborn blonde just crossed her arms and sent a glare towards him. Annoying each other is not one of their favorite hobbies, but they always wants to get what they want. Both of their eyes turned from hazel brown to strong orange color.

"Yah what are you two- Oh you must be Sooyeon!" A stranger interrupt their glare contest. The two gumihos were startled by the stranger's voice and immediately changed their eye color to the original one.

The stranger noticed that she somehow startled them, began to apologize and bowed her head repeatly while the tall guy keeps telling her that it's okay.

The stranger decided to introduce herself to her soon-to-be-friend-in-the-future? "Nice to meet you! My name is Yuri, Kwon Yuri." The blonde girl just looked at her with a blank expression on before she scoffed and walked inside the house, dragging the luggage with her.

Yifan just sighed at his sister's behaviour, and it was his turn to apologize. "I'm sorry for my sister's behaviour. She wanted to live with me but since I travel so much because of business meetings, I needed someone to look after her." Yuri just shook her head and smiled at the love-hate relationship between the two siblings.

After she said goodbye to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter