Chapter 7

Petals of Romance

Petals of Romance

Chapter 7 +  Love is our destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves, alone.....

                     But we find it alongside our other half, with our destined person.......

 

 


Kris arrived at the chateau after a couple of minutes driving. He safely parked his black Lambourgini beside the sedan family van at their garage. The moment he stepped out of the car, he immediately noticed that the white chevrolet is already missing from its usual spot. It only means that, the valet had already been called to chaffeur his father to their residential mansion.

 

He can't deny the fact that his relationship with his father had mainly been like a boss-employee state for the pass years. Most especially that they only got to meet and see each other at the company premises, no where else other than that. He can't even remember when was the last time that he got the chance to spend a meal with him together as a family.

 

So much for wishing it to happen when he knows the stress from the amount of workload in the company, and their family situation couldn't accomodate such wishful thinking for now. And so, while holding onto the bouquet of flowers, he proceeded towards the main door and was greeted by their middle-aged butler. Mr. Choi.

 

"Good afternoon and welcome back,Youngmaster Yifan!"

 


"Thank you and good afternoon to you too" he replied as he hands his car keys to the man. "Where's mother and Meilin?"

 


"Oh, Madame Wu is at the gazebo, while Miss Meilin is being fetched by her private nurse. She'll be joining you there in a while" he politely informed and bowed as he left.

 


Kris wasted no time and immediately marched towards the back portion of the chateau. He swiftly passed beside the huge marble fountain and headed straight to the vibrantly colorful garden. And true enough, he saw his mother at the gazebo, arranging the tea cups and filling in some cookies on each saucers. Probably preparing for some tea-party session like they always do whenever he goes home.

 

He slowly and sneakily tiptoed towards her, trying so hard not to make any sound. His plan almost failed when Eurongie, their Siberian Husky dog started barking when it saw him approaching. He instantly froze on his spot and tried to signal the dog to keep quiet, which miraculously worked out as it whimpered silently. Gosh, he must have been an alpha dog in his past life for it to obey him right away.

 

And luckily for him, his mother was so immersed in pouring the tea that she didn't notice anything. He quickly got behind her and swiftly wrapped his one arm around her waist which made her flinched in surprise. Fortunately, she already let go of the tea pot or else it will all be a disaster resulting to a first degree skin burn.

 

"My God, Yifan!" she tightly held her chest, then lightly hit him on the arm. "You really scared me back there. Aigoo, I almost got a heart attack"

 


He simply chuckled at her. "Mom, you still look young and healthy to have any heart problems. Anyway, this is for you" he handed her the bouquet and kissed her cheek.

 


"Thank you my son. Sit down now and help yourself with some cookies and tea" she lovingly replied.

 


"Hmm... This tea really taste good, Ma" he took a sip of it again. "What is it called this time?" he asked and continued chewing on his second cookie like he's been starving for days.

 


"It's lavander tea, sweetie" she replied with her back facing him as he reaches for a nearby porcelain vase and arranges the flowers he bought.

 


"We should get some more of this. It's really soothing and refreshing"

 


"Don't worry, I'll order some more" she said and went back to him, holding the vase full of Azaleas and placed it at the center of the table. "Gosh, the arrangement of the bouquet is intricately beautiful. I'm kind of regretting to take it off"

 


"It is. Remember the lady I've told you about last week, I bought it from their flower shop, and she's the one who personally arranged it"

 


"Oh, the one with topaz-like eyes? I remember her. She's the girl you like"

 

Pfft. Kris accidentally spat the hot tea he's drinking and it spilled on his shirt. Earning him a scolding from his mom who told him to be careful and helped him dabbed some tissue to clean it.

 

"Mom, I don't remember telling you that I like her" he said as he wipes the sides of his mouth from the splattered tea.

 


"Well you didn't, but I just know. It's what you call mother's instinct. Besides, she's the only girl you've talked about with your eyes gleaming with pure adoration"


"But it doesn't mean that I already like her" he protested, but she just laughed it off.

 


"Aigoo, my huangzi. It will only be a matter of time and you'll realize it. You'll see~"

 


"But it's not like-"

 


"Wooah! Really? Is it true?" came a rather cheerful voice that cut Kris off from his line of protest.

 

It was no other than Meilin, his younger sister. She came towards them while being pushed on a wheelchair by her private nurse, who left right after to give them some private time. There's nothing much that changed about her since his last week's visit. 

 

She still looks fragile and pale as the white snow. She lost a few pounds, and the evidence of weakness can be seen in her physical state. Especially from the exhaustion and unpleasant side effects of her therapies. But nonetheless, she still tries to bring up a bright cheerful aura whenever her brother is around.

 

"Hello Mei-mei!" Kris stood up to kissed her cheek. His face fell down the moment he felt her cold hands. It pains his heart to see her like this. Most especially now with the bandanna she's wearing. She used to have long silky black hair, but none of it was left when it fall off due to chemotherapy.

 


"How's my baby sister?" he held her tight in his arms to somehow warm her up. "I'm fine gege" she cringed her nose and lightly pushed him away.

 


"Enough talking about me. Let's talk about you. Is it true that you like someone? Who is it?" she urged him on, feeling excited than anyone else. "Is it the lady that accused you of kidnapping?"

 

Kris eyebrow twitched in curiosity at what she said, while his mother chuckled with amusement as they interact. Her son looks rather confused on where this is leading to, and so she decided to in the conversation and said.

 

"Yes, she's the one, sweetie"

 


"Mom, you're giving her false information"

 


"That's not for long, Yifan. I'm your mom. I know these things. I've been there before" she gave him a serious look which made him gawked. "Anyways, what about her?"

 


"Well," he began, scratching his nape as he does. "As I've told you, I met her a while ago" he said while pointing at the flower vase, reminding her of the bouquet. "And I found out something about her"

 


"What?!" Meilin gasped. "Is she already married? Nooo! But I sincerely like her for you gege" she pouted.

 


"That's not it Mei, and will you please stop with the couple shipping" he puffed some air and blew off his fringe. "I found out that she has a disability" he eyed both of them who's seriously listening to him. 

 


He heaved out a deep sighed and said, "She's actually...... blind" They gasped at his revelation.

 


"Oh my. That's so sad" his mother commented and patted his shoulders. "But nevertheless, I still like her for you though" she winked and Meilin nod in agreement.

 


Kris couldn't help but shake his head and shrugged his shoulders. He clearly knows that he can never win in this couple shipping argument no matter how he protest. 

 


"You know mom, she doesn't even seem sad about it" he continued. "Infact, she does her job so well despite her disability"


 

They continued to listen to him attentively. "And you know what, she even perfectly described your personality like she've known you before. She said she figured it out the moment I choose the Azaleas"

 


"She told me that it has something to do with floral language and its meaning. The flower seems to represent the person you're giving it too. Isn't it amazing?" he thoroughly explained.

 


Kris wasn't even aware that he stood up from his seat and began to explain while looking at the vast garden and smelling the flowers on the pots. He looked like a fool smitten by love, oblivious of what's happening around him.

 


His words even start to sound flowery in their ears. His mom and Meilin just look at him, curious at his unusual bahaviof. He never was as talkative as he is now. Considering the fact that he was actually talking about a GIRL.

 


"Gege, you should have seen your face when you talked about her" Meilin's chuckle made him stop on whatever he's blubbering about. "You look like you've been bitten by a lovebug"

 


"See, what did I tell you? She already got you wrap around her finger with just some flowers" Her statement made him blush as he holds his cheeks that are turning red with warmth. "Mom, I said I don't like her, alright?!"

 


Gosh, and did he just whined at her. He heard his sister snickered and it made him pout. How could they gang up with the ever fierce Kris Wu just like that? Huh, the whole world must be laughing their hearts out with his folly right now.

 


"Go on, you can fool everyone else, but you can never fool your heart"

 


"Mom~" he whined again. "Yifan, remember what I've always told you? Don't let your mouth speak-"

 


"what your heart doesn't feel" he completed her sentence. "I remember it clearly mom. No need to rub it on my precious face"

 

 

Don't let your mouth speak what your heart doesn't feel. The thought keep repeating in his mind.

 

 

But could it be? I mean, I've just met her twice. But ever since that rooftop incident, the thoughts of her keep running in my mind. Does it mean I really like her?

 


And just like that, his mind is starting to have a battle monologue with his heart. He tried feeling it, searching for the right answer. Does he really like her? Well, how could he know? He never had like any girl before.