Chapter 11

Connections

It was as if they had been hit with electricity. Sooner than either expected or even wanted, both Yoochun and Changmin were lost to the outside world. All they were aware of was kissing each other and wanting more and more. 

Yoochun had noticed right at the beginning that Changmin wanted to lead this time and he didn’t fought against it. Frankly, he was finding it quite interesting to have the taller one manhandling him in such a way. Something about their kisses this time was more out of control than when they had kissed before. A familiar feeling was starting to gather at his lower body. 

The kisses had made Yoochun lose track of time. Lose track of where Changmin was touching him. But that mouth left his own for quite some time when the taller man pulled him out of his t-shirt. Yoochun didn’t think much of it, expecting the kisses to return. But Changmin’s hands were suddenly touching his belt buckle and his brain jump started again.

Changmin was moving fast. Too fast. He knew the stubborn man. Knew how impatient he could be. He had no intention of being at the full mercy of an impatient Shim Changmin, Linked One or not. Kisses was one thing, was another.

He had to do something before he was being bent over and ed. From the moment he had suspected Changmin might be the one, he had been dreading that final union moment. His friend was too selfish. Yoochun knew that and had no desire to let Changmin have such complete control of everything. He had to find a way to get the man to slow down and think of him as well.

Changmin was too stubborn to be convinced of anything. One had to demonstrate the benefits before he agreed to something. Yoochun decided to do just that. And he knew exactly how. His experiment touching his own body had shown him how strong the body’s reaction could be and how pleasant. He had no doubt Changmin would see the benefits of that. 

He set out to do just that. Lead by example. Changmin would just jump to and ing. Yoochun had to show him there was so much more. 



Changmin was feeling smug. He had successfully removed all of Yoochun’s clothes and now he had removed his own. The other man was quiet and watching him. His eyes travelled over the body in front of him. 

-You’re pointing up!

-Yes… I am.

Changmin observed Yoochun’s in wonder, even poking a finger at it. He retreat his finger immediately when the organ seemed to jump under his touch. 

-It’s… hard?

Yoochun tried to control his breathing. The light touch of Changmin’s finger had surprised him. It had been more intense than when he had touched himself. In theory he knew that was bound to happen but it still shocked him. 

Changmin looked down at himself and his mouth dropped open, his eyes almost out of his sockets. Yoochun allowed his own eyes to travel over Changmin’s body and he let out a gasp of surprise. Changmin’s was erect. 

He wondered what had caused it. He had his own memory of what an felt like plus all that kissing to charge him up. What could have caused Changmin to be ? He hide a chuckle. It had to be The Connection at work. All their hormones going haywire and fighting to turn them into a proper Linked pair in the shortest amount of time possible. Then he remembered Changmin hated obeying orders. He really had his work cut out for him.

-I knew it!

-Knew what?

-I’m much bigger than you!

Yoochun looked at Changmin’s smirk than took two seconds to compare their sizes. Unsurprisingly, the difference in their bodies was even more pronounced with them both erect. He sighed and decided to let it go. Changmin would always be Changmin. 

They were now both on their knees facing each other. Yoochun sat on his calves, placing his hands on his legs wondering what to do next. Changmin remained with his hands at his waist, proudly looking down at himself. 

Yoochun was once again surprised. Changmin pulled him into another demanding kiss with a hand on his nape. His thinking ability left him and he became pliant and supple under those lips. He could barely notice that Changmin’s other hand was at his lower back. Their bodies were not touching this time but the warmth of their skins was palpable. 

A small pressure started to distract him. Changmin was trying to guide him down. Yoochun finally snapped to action. He put both his hands on the broad shoulders and let them slide slowly to Changmin’s pecs. The warm skin with its taunt muscles felt good under the palm of his hands. Finding no protest Yoochun continued his exploration of the other’s body. Slowly, very slowly, he moved towards his target. The pleasant feeling of touching Changmin’s skin was making his own body burn with some kind of fever, his feeling heavier and causing tingles along his spine. 

Changmin remained still, his hands still on their previous place. He had almost forced Yoochun down but the man’s hands had distracted him. The soft touch was strangely pleasant. He liked it. He didn’t knew why it felt so good but he was curious about it. He wanted more of that feeling. 

When a hand reached his , Changmin gasped in surprise and he would have said something if Yoochun had not plunged his tongue inside him at that exact moment. The double assault fried his brain. He can’t think or do anything. Once again he finds himself being putty in Yoochun’s hands but this time he can’t feel angry about it. The physical sensations are too intense. He doesn’t want to stop Yoochun this time. 

Yoochun can’t help his own moan when he hears how Changmin produces soft appreciation sounds. There’s something to those sounds that edges him on. He grows bolder and starts to Changmin in a fast sure pace while his other hand keeps caressing the warm skin and he kisses him deeply and hungrily. Changmin’s hands linger around his waist or shoulders, but the grip becomes firmer. It’s as if the taller man has forgotten how to use his hands or hasn’t realised he can touch him too. Yoochun likes that for some reason. 

After a while, Yoochun starts to use his free hand to touch himself. He matches the rhythm to what he’s doing to Changmin but it doesn’t feel enough. He almost pleads the man to touch him too. The in his hand feels heavy, hard and smooth. The wetness surprised him at first before a small part of his mind remembered that it was normal. Now he moved his hand making sure to gather those drops of liquid to help his hand glide over the long shaft. He did the same to himself and shuddered at the new feeling. 

Changmin feels his entire body tremble. He senses he’s racing towards something but he has no idea what. He almost wants to scream and demand to have it already, whatever it is. He’s barely aware of the sounds he makes. The sounds from Yoochun are a different matter. They seem to have a similar effect to the man’s hand. He pulls Yoochun closer so that their skins meet. That’s when he finally realises Yoochun is also touching himself. 

That realisation annoys him a little. It’s like Yoochun is doing something that he should be the one doing. He finds one of his hands grabbing the other man’s . The skin texture and the temperature surprise him but it’s not unpleasant. It somehow feels right in his hand. And the way Yoochun jerked against him and his mouth went soft and submissive under his own is all the confirmation he needs. He touches Yoochun the same way he’s being touched. 

Their kisses seem to grow more urgent. It’s like kissing Yoochun is all the sustenance and air he will ever need. 



Out of nowhere Changmin tries to cry out but his mouth is still attached to Yoochun’s and the cry is muffled. His body trembles, vision unclear and he would have collapsed if he wasn’t being held. Their lips remain touching but no longer moving. Both are too focused trying to breath. 

It’s some moments later that Changmin realises he must have reached whatever peak Yoochun had been trying to lead him to. There’s something wet on his hand and stomach. His own seems to be wet too and very sensitive. He blinks his eyes, confused as to why his head is on Yoochun’s shoulder. He turns his head to look at Yoochun. His Linked One has his eyes closed, face flushed, head thrown back trying to catch his breath and lips looking swollen and red. The word “beautiful” shows up clear in Changmin’s mind but he keeps that thought hidden away. 

Yoochun slowly puts some distance between their bodies. Changmin allows him, not without a frown. He watches as Yoochun lets his body fall back, eyes still close, breathing still erratic. 

On the man’s stomach there is some white goo and Changmin touches his own body as he sees he’s covered in the same substance. It feels sticky. The smell is very distinctive. He’s not sure if it’s pleasant or not. Curious he almost tastes it but shrugs the idea away. is not meant to be tasted, right? 

Yoochun opens one eye to see Changmin frowning at his dirty hand and stomach. He looks around searching for his t-shirt. After cleaning himself under the tall man’s watchful eyes, he hands the piece of cloth over. Changmin takes it and silently uses it to clean himself as well. 

They avoid each other’s eyes, suddenly uncomfortable. Yoochun puts his trousers back on and it’s only then that he blinks at his surroundings and realises they are still on the dragon, flying high above the ground. Changmin notices how Yoochun suddenly tenses.

-Yes, we are still flying. 

-D-doesn’t the dragon feel tired.

-I highly doubt it. It takes more than a few hours flying to tire such a creature. Yoochun…

-Yes?

-Why are you… 

Changmin almost asks Yoochun why he put on clothes again but decides against it at the last moment. He knows his friend well enough to see that his fear of flying on a dragon is back. Maybe this is not the best place to try and consummate their Connection. Silently he puts his trousers back on but hands his clean t-shirt to Yoochun and climbs to the dragon’s neck.

“Actor, where are we?”

“Above the fields of Camacha.”

“Yoochun?”

Yoochun stares in surprise at Changmin. He had not expected to be able to hear the man’s conversation with the dragon or to be addressed so clearly telepathically. It was the first time he was able to hear Changmin in his mind. 

“Yes?”

“Do you have one of your spaceships nearby?”

“One of the big ones is near the lake Perua. Do you want to get rid of me already?”

“Not really. I have something else in mind.”

“What the hell do you need one of my spaceships for?”

Changmin smiles and looks behind him at Yoochun’s confused face.

Do you really want me to continue what we were just doing and have our first time on a dragon’s shoulder blades?”

Yoochun stuttered and pretended not to hear Changmin’s question. A gush of wind hit him them with the huge dragon’s turn of direction and he couldn’t help a shiver. The night was cold and this high up the temperature was freezing. Changmin’s attention was back on the amazing feeling he experienced flying the dragon. The drop in temperature didn’t annoy him much.

“One ship in every corner. Off course you do. Exactly how many do you have anyway?”

“It’s not my fault if no one else uses them. Besides, now I have every right to them anyway. It comes with my job description.”

“Did you heard me talking to Actor?”

“I did. How is that possible?”

“Changmin is my rider but because you declined a dragon of your own, your link with your mate extends to allow communication with me.”

“Oh…”

Yoochun indicated the huge dragon exactly where to go and sat in silence the rest of the journey. As for Changmin, he was feeling a little lost about what to do. And impatient. He wanted to feel that mind blowing toes curling sensation again. Whatever Yoochun had done to him earlier had felt amazing and yet it hadn’t been . Besides a comfortable bed, food and a shower there were other things he wanted from the spaceship. He knew that all of them had access to information. It was time he searched some of that that Yoochun had talked about. He did not want to be caught unaware again. 



Junsu was once again researching all that was available about how the brain affected The Connection. But to him it was as if he was not seeing whatever might be in front of his nose. He knew most of what he was reading already. None of it seemed helpful. He sighed. 

At that moment Sarah entered the lab surprising him.

-H-hi. 

-Hello, Junsu. Can I help in some way regarding Jaejoong?

-Ah… Actually, yes. I need a pair of fresh eyes. You’re not from Lhara, you will notice little details better than me. I have no idea how the blow to his head could have affected The Connection. I can’t seem to find anything that explains why or how and most importantly, how to help him. 

-Is it really that bad?

-The telepathic links are like being able to speak or walk for us. We grew up linked to our parents and siblings, sometimes to friends and later on, we can do the same with our Linked Ones and children. Just the idea of not having that…

Junsu sighed again, realising that he and Sarah would never have that type of telepathic link. He wondered if he had made the right choice. 

-I have studied all I can about what makes people from Lhara so different from the other colonies. I’m not sure if you know but… well, I have some Lhara blood.

-What?

-I am a direct descendant from one of Heechul’s daughters. I always wanted to come here and so I researched all that I could about Heechul, his descendants and Lhara. The telepathic links were the first things to disappear. Male pregnancy also stopped being possible after a few generations. In fact, the last males to be pregnant had to have a C-section instead of the dragon like birth with the formation of belly scales that open on their own. When I got accepted here one of the first things I did was compare my DNA. Turns out I almost hundred percent Seffren by now. But I do have an idea of where to search for what physically makes the telepathic links possible.

Junsu just blinked and stared. 

-Y-you have Heechul’s blood?

-Minute traces at this point, too diluted to even consider. It’s more a question of pride than anything relevant. 

Junsu wanted to do his own DNA comparison. Something told him those traces that Sarah referred to had to be more significant than she was giving them credit to. His dragon had practically suggested that he should choose her. Now it suddenly made sense why. Anyone from Lhara only ever partnered with someone from one of the other colonies as a last resort. But Sarah was not a last resort. He had chosen her over what The Connection would have chosen for him. 

Sarah opened her files with her own research and turned back to Junsu, feeling confused with his smile.

-Don’t be so happy yet. I am not sure if I found what enables the links but…

-Ah, right. One specific spot? I always thought it’s a collection of too many things.

-Well, there was a lot of medical research done to Heechul. And some of it continued to be done on his descendants up until they started to think there was nothing to distinguish them anymore. One of the first changes was on the brain structure. One very specific spot. About the time the telepathic links disappeared. A small microscopic difference. There.

Junsu looked at where Sarah was pointing. She had two different images. One of Heechul and one of his latter descendants. He pulled the brain scans he had done on Jaejoong and searched for a similar image. 

-By Lhara! 



Lydia raced across the hospital, almost out of breath. The second she finally looked at Jaejoong and saw him smile back at her, her legs collapsed and she almost laughed in relief.

-You’re ok? You’re ok.

Jaejoong kept smiling at her as he walked over to get her off the floor and hugged her gently.

-I’m better with you here.

-What happened? 

-Where’s your dragon?

-Chami? He’s outside. A small grey one. He looks really tiny next to these two huge monsters that are waiting there as well. I suppose the purple one is yours. There’s even a chameleon one. But even that one is bigger than Chami. 

-Perfect to help you take care of your horses, then. It would be difficult with a huge dragon.

-Jae… what happened?

Jaejoong sighed. His sad face searched his parents and sisters that were nearby. Then his eyes seemed to lock on Yunho. The tall young man was leaning against a wall as if his legs weren’t enough to hold him. His eyes were stubbornly facing the floor. Jaejoong also noticed how the man’s hands were fisted on his sides. For some reason he kept staring at his friend odd behaviour. 

Sensing as if someone was watching him, Yunho raised his eyes and he met Jaejoong’s steady stare. He wanted to turn is eyes away. He was not ready to watch Jaejoong holding Lydia like that. However, Jaejoong was staring at him in such an intense way that he felt paralysed.

Jaejoong saw too many contradicting emotions play out in Yunho’s eyes. The main one seemed to be pain, a lot of pain. But there were hints of other emotions. And it was all that confusing intensity that suddenly clicked his memory. A vision of another intense stare from Yunho. And then falling. He closed his eyes and felt Lydia holding him up.

-Jaejoong!

He shook his head and allowed the girl to help him to the bed. Jaejoong wanted to open his eyes but was afraid. Moments passed by. He finally opened his eyes. Lydia looked sick with worry. His mother was just behind Lydia. Ignoring the rest of his family, he instinctively searched for Yunho. His friend was looking shocked, still in the same spot. One leg was forward however, as if he had taken one step but then had been unable to move beyond that. 

With a deep breath, Jaejoong asked everyone to leave, asking only Yunho to stay behind. Lydia looked a little confused. She stared at him for a little. Jaejoong realised she was trying to communicate telepathically with him. He gave her a sad smile. 

-It’s gone…

-What?

-Junsu is on the lab going over my exams trying to see if it can reversed but… right now… I lost all the telepathic links. Even yours. Even with my dragon… 

Lydia stared at Jaejoong for a while. Then the hint of a sad smile crossed her face. 

-Jaejoong, I know we hardly know each other but… I don’t care. Even if I can never hear your voice in my head or know how you’re feeling unless you tell me; even then I can’t imagine being away from you.

She waited while her heart went crazy inside her chest. Then Jaejoong gave her a genuine smile and she smiled back. With a soft kiss on his cheek, she left as well.

Yunho remained on his spot, unsure of what to do. Jaejoong had been avoiding being alone with him ever since he had woken up. He had no idea why that had changed now. Jaejoong waited a little before finally speaking, his mind made up.

-Do you really think I’m your Linked One?

Taken by surprise, Yunho stared open mouthed at the beautiful man sitting tiredly on the bed. He sighed sadly, closed his eyes and nodded “yes” with his head. He waited a little and then slowly opened his eyes. Jaejoong still looked tired and determined. It was that determination that Yunho feared. 

-I… I have no idea what to say, Yunho. I remembered being on my dragon and then… the way you looked at me… and… falling… I don’t even know what I felt before I lost my balance. And now… 

-Jae… don’t try to make decisions yet if that’s what you’re doing. 

-But I see you wanting to…

-I just want you to get better.

-You want more than that. Ever since I woke up I saw it. The way you look at me is different. I can’t deal with it. 

Yunho fisted his hands so hard his own nails were sinking in his skin. He had no idea of what exactly Jaejoong was referring to but somehow he could not deny it. He was well aware that from the moment he had realised his childhood friend was his Linked One, an avalanche of feelings had been set free. Feelings he had never realised before but that he could not control or send away. 

-I am not asking anything. We can talk about this again when you feel better.

-I don’t see how my opinion will change. This is too much. I can’t deal with it. You’re my best friend. How can you be my Linked One? I already have my Linked One. I’m not sure what you think you felt in that moment but I’m sure you were mistaken, Yunho. Whoever your Linked One is, that someone is still out there. It can’t be me.

The last words were almost a whisper but Yunho heard them. He saw how Jaejoong was becoming increasingly upset. He felt lost. He had no idea what to do. Maybe Jaejoong just needed time? 

-Jaejoongie, don’t stress, ok? I’m still Yunho, your best friend. Look, I think you should rest. I’ll… I also should check on my family. My sis has been trying to talk with me. 

Jaejoong saw in silence how Yunho walked away from the room, knowing that he was not about to return any time soon. However he couldn’t bring himself to say anything. There was some strange feeling on his chest, as if he couldn’t breathe. It felt as if he needed to cry but there were no tears. Confused, Jaejoong just closed his eyes and waited until sleep would save him; hoping that he could sleep and find out he had had a nightmare. 



Outside the room, Yunho found Junsu running to him. Catching his friend who seemed out of breath, Yunho tried to get himself under control and see if he had found anything.

-His ridges are damaged. It’s like they broke. I don’t know if they grow back, if what is left can take over. There’s still a few pieces left, see?

Junsu continued blabbering, pointing at images that Yunho recognized as scans. The tall man was pushed inside the room along with everyone else. Jaejoong groggily lifted his head up and stared confused at Junsu who had finally calmed down enough to explain what Sarah had found in a proper way. When he finished, Jaejoong stood in front of the scans. 

-So, this ridges, protuberances, antennas, whatever you call them, are what enables us to have telepathy? This little microscopic things inside our brains? And mine look broken in half. 

-This one is almost intact. 

-And there’s one here completely gone. I may never recover my telepathy. 

-No, Jae. Now that I know what damage you suffered…

-Junsu, stop. Please. I… I need to get out of here. 

-Jaejoong!

Yunho held Junsu, stopping him from going after Jaejoong. He looked at Lydia and signalled her to go. She nodded and chased after the upset man who was about to disappear from view.

-Yunho! He has to stay. I have no idea if he’s ok to leave the hospital yet.

-Junsu, he’s too upset to listen to anyone now. You know Jaejoong. He likes to hide his head in the sand and pretend nothing is happening. Lydia will keep an eye on him. I’m sure he just wants to be with his dragon right now. Let him. I think that might be the best therapy for him for now. And you, you research the hell out of this. Please, find something to help him.

-I will, I will. I promise.



Yunho walked up to his own dragon and put his head on the animal, searching for comfort. The huge blue giant inundated the nearly crying man with all his hope that everything would be ok.

“How can you be so sure?”

“We heard what your friend discovered. Sailor will take care of Jaejoong. His Linked One is right behind him too. And Sailor said he knows a dragon that is old enough to be able to help Jaejoong. Everything will be alright eventually. You will be able to be with your Linked One. You two are a main pair, after all.”

“Main pair?”

“It’s not important now. Come. Jump on. I’ll take you to see where Jaejoong is.”

“He doesn’t want to see me now.”

“He doesn’t need to see you. But you need to see him. Sailor will make sure Jaejoong doesn’t see us. Then, we’ll go see your parents and take the bonding journey like we should.”

Yunho climbed and hug the dragon’s neck, staring at the horizon with unseeing eyes. He felt strangely empty and he hated it. 



Inside Yoochun’s spaceship, the two men froze looking at each other. Changmin had no idea what to do. His body had betrayed him again. And this time it had betrayed him big time.