i.

Living out my own fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

= PART ONE =

 

 

 

I like my choices, I hope she likes hers.

 

 

“I do, Augustus. I do.” I whispered. I blindly reached for tissues on my side table and sneezed through my nose.

“Oh. My. Gosh.” Tiffany jolted awake on the bed beside me. She threw her blanket off annoyingly. “Are you crying again?”

“I am.” I frowned and hugged the book against my chest like it’s a fragile baby boy. “You know, Augustus died.” I threw the used tissue over the trash and it fell just an inches away from it, I sighed.

Tiffany leaned on the headboard and looked at me, in that old same way. Like I’m losing my mind. My sister will never ever understand my obsessions with books and fictional characters. “Yes. He died for like what?” She rolled her eyes because that’s the only thing she could do at the moment. “For like, the tenth time? You’re murdering him, you know. More than John Green did.”

“It’s the eleventh time, Tiff.” I laid the book on the side table and reached for the lamp between us. “Goodnight.”

I heard her bed squeak and then there was silence and snoring. She’s asleep. Again. I tentatively stretched out a hand over the book on my table, feeling its smooth cover of plastic and a little rough crumples on the top-right. I laid back on my bed, waiting for Mr. Sleep to visit and give me the magic potion. When will I ever find my very own Augustus Waters?

 

“Hey.” I felt a kick on my bedside. “Hey, Sooyoung!”

Maybe it’s my prince. But why is he kicking my bed? As far as I know, Edward Cullen never kicked Bella’s bed. Neither, Patch or Tobias. Maybe Jace? Jace Wayland is an . He can just rip the covers with his seraph blade. The kicks went harder and harder, shaking me from my dreams. I’m holding Augustus in my hands. One more minute. Oh please. He’s walking away. No! “Damn it.” I cursed over my breath. I haven’t yet opened my eyes but I’m sure I’m back to the real world.

“I see, you’re awake.” It’s Siwon. “Get up. Breakfast is ready.”

I scrambled off my blankets and got on my feet. I dreamt of dear, dear Augustus and someone had to drag me again away from that dream. And it would always be Siwon. That guy, really.

I quickly washed my face over a splash of cold water. That’ll keep me awake.

“Hey, sis!” Tiffany greeted me as I make my way down the stairs. She’s serving a plate of breakfast to her boyfriend. My sister isn’t really a good cook but from what I’ve read and learned from books, a boyfriend needs to wolf down any food his girlfriend makes. I feel sick for Siwon.

“Good morning, Sooyoung.” He gestured for the seat beside him and I took it. I reached for the banana in our fruit basket and started to munch it down. “I hope I didn’t ruin any of the good dreams.”

“You did.” I half-glare at him then smiled. The banana in my hand was gone. “But it’s okay.”

Tiffany set the plate of eggs at the center and took a sit. “She dreams of every book she read the night before that. I bet you dreamt of Augustus Baters?” She narrowed her eyes, waiting for my answer. The fried egg hangs over the air in her fork.

“It’s Waters, sis. Augustus Waters.” I corrected and gave her a roll of the eyes that I’ve learned from her recently. She laughs and placed the egg on her plate.

“Kyuhyun’s coming over later.” I said and our eyes met. Siwon looked at me as well. “I invited him.”

“A date?” Tiffany asked. She’s grinning.

“Have you forgotten, he’s Sooyoung’s bestfriend. He comes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter