Library, Coffee, Cherry Blossoms

Coffee And Cherry Blossoms

Kim Joonmyun was eyeing the quiet, mysterious boy in the library. He’d heard that the kid was new, and he didn’t know much about him due to how he stuck to himself most of the time. Joonmyun — after finding out that this is where he spent all his free time before heading home — decided to take a chance to learn more about him.
After a short period of time he had noticed that the boy kept mainly toward the literature side of the library.
He quickly slid his gaze from the boy to his phone slyly when he saw him turn his head to Joonmyun. From the corner of his eyes, he could see the boy’s eyes narrow.
What was his name again?
Jongdae..?


Jongdae rolled his eyes, trying to ignore the holes that the student president was burning into his back when he thought that Jongdae wasn’t looking.
He’d been doing this for the past few days.
Jongdae decided that today would be the day that he’d confront the dark-haired boy about it.
He walked slowly to the table that Joonmyun had been sitting on, “casually” scrolling through photos on his phone.
He stood silently in front of him — eyes locking with his when he looked past his phone. The boy jumped in his skin, eyes widening as he gasped loudly — clearly startled.

"O-Oh, hey!" Joonmyun said lamely, giving a cheesy smile.
"Why have you been stalking me?" he replied, cutting past small chat.
"What? Stalking?? No, no, no, no, noooo," the boy rushed, shaking his head quickly. "I was just.. You know.. Curious.."

"What about? The library’s for learning about the things you’re curious about. Not for creeping on school boys."

The president’s face went tomato-red just then, his eyes as wide open as the books on the table beside them.
"I wasn’t stalking you! You’re just so quiet! And I wanted to learn about you!" he blabbered loudly, earning several glares from other students in the library.
A particularly vicious look from a shorter, dark-haired boy with eyes that felt like they could shoot lasers on a table further away. The short boy bared his teeth, the lips forming a slight heart shape as he brushed the bangs out of his eyes and flipped a page of the book he was reading loudly.

That was enough to make Joonmyun grab the wrist of Jongdae out of slight fear and panic, quickly whisking  the boy out of the library doors — despite the younger’s angry curses under his breath and attempts to jerk away.

Once outside, Jongdae stood in front of the other, teeth gritted.

Joonmyun grinned, putting his hands on his hips.
"So, tell me about yourself!"

The boy’s face scrunched in disgust, walking past Joonmyun and brushing shoulders coldly.

And as soon as the president could turn around, he was gone.


The next day, Jongdae opened his locker, and to his surprise — was a note.
Stuck into the cardboard he used for notes on the door of his locker by a pin.
image


"dear jongdae♥
hey, sorry for being so rude yesterday but i really do want to know more about you! i want to meet you at the cafe shop a block away from the library after school. i’ll be waiting for you, kim jongdae ^o^” ♥♥”

He closed his eyes for a moment, biting into his cheek. He really wanted to study, today. To make up for all the days that the president had interrupted him.
But at this point, he’d decided to humour him.
He’d see him at the cafe.
Opening his eyes as an amused grin spread across his lips, he closed his locker.
Yeah.
He’d go see Kim Joonmyun.



Joonmyun, lied back lazily in one of the plastic chairs that the cafe had set outside for the outdoor-diners. The heat of the sun started to set into his hair as he stretched out from under the shade that the umbrella of the table had given. Jongdae was twenty minutes late. As soon as Joonmyun sat back up, he saw Jongdae at the gate of the cafe, eyes searching across the other diners. Joonmyun’s heart did a slight flip as he realized that Jongdae was actually looking for him. And that he actually came. He started frantically waving his arms above his head, a smile spreading wide as he called for the boy. Jongdae’s eyeroll and sigh going completely unnoticed by the oblivious elder.
Jongdae carelessly plopped into a chair, eyes meeting with the other’s quickly.
"What do you want to know? I want to get this over with quickly," he said, crossing his arms across his chest.
Joonmyun took note of the outfit he was wearing. A fluffy white sweater that had a single blue stripe across the torso and jeans. It was very simple but it suited him well. He suddenly felt over dressed.

"Why do you keep to yourself?" Joonmyun started, holding his head in his hands as he rested his elbows on the table.

"People like you, for one," Jongdae retorted, a slick smile meeting his eyes.
"And people are boring."

Joonmyun’s eyebrows rose in surprise, not expecting the cheeky reply.
"I won’t be. What’s your blood type?" He tilted his head, watching the other.

"B," Jongdae said flatly. "Why?"

"I’m AB! We’re kind of compatible!" Joonmyun’s grin touched his eyes as he laughed.

"Okay, are we done?" Jongdae asked, scraping his chair back against the concrete and rising to leave.

"Nonono we haven’t even gotten our drinks! I ordered us iced coffee, so stay for that," Joonmyun pulled Jongdae back to a sitting position before resuming his sentence. "Then we’ll go for a walk through the cherry blossoms, mm?"

Jongdae’s eyebrows furrowed as he narrowed his eyes to the boy. “Why’re you doing this?”

"It’s my job as class president to make the outcasts into social butterflies. We’re a team!" he exclaimed, taking the cups from the waitress that brought them to their table with a kind murmur of thanks.

Jongdae couldn’t help but to feel his heart sink slightly. He does this with all the quiet people?
"I’m going home, you can keep the coffee," he said, turning and standing out of his seat quickly.
"Nononoo, waiiit, not until you see the cherry blossoms," Joonmyun had said into his ear as he handed Jongdae his drink and held his other hand.
"C’mon, just for a bit," was added quickly as he was taken out of the cafe and down the road.

"Do you do this to everyone, Kim Joonmyun?" Jongdae murmured, staring into his coffee.

"No, you’re the first," the elder responded with a rather serious tone as he squeezed the boy’s hand gently. They were under the pink petals now, the beautiful shower of colour hitting the ground with gentle shuffles.

"That’s a nice thought," the light-haired boy murmured, mindlessly sipping at his drink.

"I would like to do this with you often," Joonmyun said, setting their drinks on the walkway as he took Jongdae’s other hand in his own and looked him straight in the eye, taking in the warm, ink-on-leather colour of his eyes.

"A slight blush rose to Jongdae’s cheeks as he averted his eyes. "It’s nice."

"It really is," he breathed, leaning forward and placing a gentle peck against the corner of Jongdae’s lips. Taking him into a close hug.

"I like you, Jongdae," he said, hands smoothing the hair of the boy he held.

"I like you, too, Joonmyun," the boy said, surrendering to his hold and burying his face into the crook of his neck.

_____________________________

a/n: IM EXHAUSTED BUT IM ONLY ABLE TO WRITE WHEN IM DOING ALL ALLNIGHTER SO HAVE THIS FIC I PULLED OUT OF MY
I DIDNT EVEN SPELLCHECK/PROOFREAD SO HAVE FUN W/ THAT

image