Hurt/Hope

Unlucky Charm

"You look like hell."

 

It's very disturbing, considering this is coming from Suga. Suga who laughs at people, regularly plays tricks on them and gets amusement from the misery of others. He most definitely looks like hell right now. It has to be really bad if his devil friends are actually concerned.

 

"Did you even sleep at all."

 

Jimin says, placing a cup of black coffee on the table. Muttering a thank you, Jungkook slumps on Jins jacket. It's really difficult to sleep when his mind is so preoccupied with Taehyung and everything he is, his smile and eyes and fairy dust and-oh god- the hurt expression when he moved the lion back to his table. That one haunts him, refusing to let go even when he immerses himself in calculus and geography. All night long every single geography class replays like a infinity tape in his head, on and on in disturbing clarity.

 

Jungkook remembers everything, sadly.

 

He doesn't know what to do, what to say or how to react to Taehyung anymore. So impossible, when all he wants to do is smile dumbly and forgive all his cute but annoying personality traits. He wants to spend longer than what is socially acceptable between friends doing disgustingly pointless things. He also wants to see him be all smiley and happy and to know- that the reason behind why Taehyung smiles is because of him.

 

Those feelings-aren't his anymore. He can't control them. Anything Taehyung-related just bypasses his mind controls and really, he's going crazy.

 

Mindlessly he drinks the coffee. The things that commonly annoy him like sitting at the outermost seat can't even seem to bother him today, his mind is occupied with thoughts on Taehyung and the fairy dust the confuses him.

 

He wants Taehyung to like him back, he really really does. He'll even give up whatever pitiful pride he has left to say so, but right now it's hopeless. Taehyung hates him, and rightfully so. Why would anyone even like a grumpy barely-cute Jeon Jungkook, anyway. He doesn't even meet nice guy status, he's a stubborn asshat and really, Taehyung deserves much much better than him. The best person, really. Someone who'd find his small habits more endearing, his personality more adorable, who'd treat him better. Someone who isn't him.

 

It doesn't even start to surprise him when the cloth around his neck tightens, Hoseok's hand around his collar like a death grip. Namjoon tries to yell at him to cool off, but Jungkook keeps his hand there. He deserves this, he does.

 

"Do you know what the hell you've done." Hoseok hisses, venom dripping from the edge of his voice. It's the first time he's heard Hoseok curse in public, the first time he's seem the calm and friendly Hoseok get really mad. He would be shocked, but after being kept up the whole night nothing can shock him anymore.

 

“You. Broke. Him. V was crying over the phone the whole night. Stop playing with him.”

 

The grip around his neck tightens but his head doesn’t get any clearer. Why the hell would Taehyung cry the whole night, and how was he playing with him- all he did was be a jerk. And it hurts, when he hears that Taehyung has been crying the whole night. Hoseok goes on, only stopping to catch his breath. He’s completely fuming, red in the face from anger.

 

“If you don’t like him then tell him straight in the face. Don’t play around with his feelings you .”

 

What.

 

He most definitely likes Taehyung, like like likes him so much that he wants to go out on pointless dates to dust-filled restaurants and hug and kiss and do gross sweet things. The only reason why he won’t go ask him out is because obviously Taehyung deserves much better than some OCD brat, and Taehyung doesn’t like him back-

 

Wait

 

Maybe, just maybe-

 

He screwed up. So bad. Didn’t think clearly, the way anything related to Taehyung just completely messes his head up.

 

But maybe he can hope. Maybe that’s why Taehyung was so hurt when he lashed out at him, the reason why he spent the last night crying.

 

Somewhere deep in his heart he hopes, desperately, the maybe Taehyung likes him back too.

 

He has to go find him. Ignoring Hoseok’s angry words, he pushes the hands off his collar and tears down the corridors. Looking around like a madman, half-crazed trying to spot a familiar figure. There’s so much he needs to say, so much that Taehyung needs to know. That he’s sorry. That he’s an idiot. That he likes Taehyung. He likes him so, so much.

 

He doesn’t know where to look, but it doesn’t matter. He’ll find Taehyung. He needs to.

 

“What the hell.” Hoseok blinks, watching Jungkook tear down the hallways. His fist his suddenly empty, and he glances back at the rest of the guys sitting around the table.

 

“Relax. Jungkook is going to right some wrongs. He’s a dense idiot, but I think it’s finally clicked in that peabrain of his that he’s not the only one with a crush.” Suga drawls lazily, before taking another bite from his sandwich.

 

“You mean he didn’t know?” Hoseok kind of screams, face reverting from his angry expression to the typical cute blur one.

 

“YES.” The four of the chime, before laughing at their perfect timing. It’s totally amusing and kind of sad at the same time to watch Taehyung crush on Jungkook and Jungkook crush on Taehyung without either of them realizing that they liked the other. Adorable, really.

 

“I feel kind of bad now.” Hoseok pouts, before sitting down at the table. Really, does love need to be that complicated, sometimes. 

 

A/N: almost done <3 thanks for sticking around~