Poachers

Lost Dog

WOLVES' POV:

     The mothers and pups of a large wolf pack are resting in their den, waiting for the fathers to return from hunting. The pups play around and the mothers just relax and watch them. All of a sudden the peace is broken when a loud cry of pain comes from nearby.

     The howl of warning tells the mothers to grab the pups and flee. The mothers pick up their pups and dash away as commanded. They hear the male wolves running for their lives, trying to direct the danger in a different direction than the mothers and kids. A few of them crying out when the hot led meets their flesh. It's poachers.

     A group of mothers find a shack with the door open, and they drop their 12 pups in it. "Don't go anywhere. Stay," the mothers give their babies a command that will save their lives. They run back to where the other wolves were last spotted, in an attempt to maybe bring them to safety.

     The young pups hear the blasts of rifles firing, and jump in fear. The pup who identifies himself as Suho keeps the other pups calm, even though he himself feels like screaming out in terror. The sound, to him, is way more than a hundred times worse than close thunder.

     They wait while hearing the yelps of fear and death until there is only the sound of crows cawing in the trees. A male wolf, the father of Kai and Kyungsoo, runs through the field for dear life, faster than light. A loud bang sounds and the wolf drops lifeless, his sons left in emotional shock.

     The poachers walk out of the forest only enough to be seen, and the pups hear the sound of a squeeky door opening. "Yah!" everyone hears the sound of a girl yelling at the poachers, who flee at the thought of being caught and arrested. That girl is you.

-5 minutes ago-

YOUR POV:

     You walk into the kitchen of your Western-style country house, it contains the back door. You open the main door to let the fresh air through the screen one. You look out the door and take deep breaths of the clean night air.

     Two minutes go by of you relaxing and you hear a noise you never thought would sound in this country again. "Was that... a howl?" you get closer to the screen door, trying to make the images on the other side clearer. A little time goes by and you only hear crows far in the distance.

     You hear a gunshot and run out the door, knowing it could only be one thing. Close to the forest you see the one thing in the world that you would shoot. Poachers. They've been wiping out all the rare Korean wolves lately, making them just about extinct. You walk a little farther away from the house. "Yah!!!" the poachers run when they see you.

     You look out into the field and see a dark object. You run closer to it and recognize it as a wolf. You slow down when you reach it and pull out your cell phone. You dial 119 (Korean equivilant of 911) and press 'call'. "Yeoboseyo?" a male officer picks up immediately.

     "Yes. Officer, this is the Kims' daughter out on the farm," you lay your free hand on the deceased wolf's head.

     "Oh, Miss Y/N. What's wrong?" all the cops know you because you hang out with their kids when you get the chance. When it's the young officers you hang out with them or their siblings.

     "Poachers were just here. They ran, but I have a dead wolf here." You examine it only briefly, "it's male. Old enough it's probably a father." You know animals well.

     "Okay. Officer Lee is on his way, and he'll take over the case when he gets there. Okay? For now just get it to your porch and stay with it." You know the young officer he's reffering to, since you are friends with his sister.

     "Okay. Bye," you say farewell and he hangs up first. You try to pick up the huge wolf, but it's to heavy to fully carry. You pick up his chest and drag it as if you were pulling a person out of a river. "Appa!!" you yell and it only takes a second for your father to come running.

     He sees the wolf, "poachers?" You nod and understands. He holds up the other side of the animal and helps you bring it to the porch. You wait for about 3 minutes and finally spot police lights down the long road leading to your house. The car pulls up to the house and you and your father stand.

 

Author's Note:

Mianhae for updating late. My little brother wouldn't get off the computer and my oldest brother (I have 3 brothers) stole the laptop so I was kinda screwed. I hope you guys like the first chapter. While I'm writing chapter 4, I am constantly overcome with an almost y smile as I try to make it interesting. DON'T worry, It's NOT restriced (R rated) it's just a teaser, not a pleaser.

What do you think of the first chapter?