Chocolate Love

Chocolate Disco

  "It wasn't supposed to look like this" you sighed to yourself, looking at the burnt heart shaped chocolate you've spent your entire afternoon on, attempting to make it. 
  After a few minutes staring at the failed art, you thought maybe you should give up, "It's not like he likes me anyway..." You mumbled to yourself. 
  It wasn't news that you had a crush on the giant of the class since 7th grade. It happens that he's your best friend, and the fear of being rejected and changing your relationship consumed you. But something was telling that it was time. And what was a better way to confess your love than with Valentine homemade chocolate? Cheesy, you admitted, but it was a great opportunity you wouldn't lose. 

  "Seriously ____? All you had to do was to melt a chocolate and put it in a pan, and you screwed up either way." 
  You looked at the clock across the kitchen before getting into a decision, "5:50, I have time to go out and buy more chocolate before it gets dark." 
  With that, you took your coat and went out running to buy the chocolate, the bitter type, the type Chanyeol likes. You made sure to call your friend, Yumi, to help you with the chocolate this time. You wouldn't risk another wasted pan of those heaven given food. 


~


  Next morning, you felt a mixture of emotions, excitement and anxiety: would he reject you? And if he did, would he treat you differently? These questions kept wondering around your mind until you got in the school gate. From there you could see Chanyeol, a huge smile glued to his face, he didn't seem to realize you were looking intensely at him, analyzing every detail from him. 
  "Should I go? I don't know anymore" you didn't know what happened to the confidence you had yesterday, just seeing his broad shoulders shake when he laughs, or his long legs moving when he's running around like a kid, everything he did made you feel warm inside. 
  "What am I doing? I can't give up now." You made a fighting pose to yourself before stepping forward, aiming for your dream boy. But you stopped on your tracks when you heard a female voice scream, "Chanyeol!" 
  You turned your gaze to see that girl. You hated her. She wasn't a bad person, you knew that, but having her to flirt with your crush right in front of you wasn't something very appealing to you, especially because she knew you liked him. Okay, she was pretty mean for that. 
  "Goddamn" cursing under your breath, you stepped back and decided to watch their little conversation. 
  "How are you doing today? Here," a red box with a white lace on her hands, "a present for valentines day. Umm, I know we're not very close but, I actually really liked you since the beginning and I'd like to ask if you could give me a chance." her head low, you could see her red cheeks. Your heart accelerated a little before you could hear his answer,
  "I'm flattered but.."
  "But?" 
  "Ah, never mind, we'll talk after class okay?" 
  "I see. I'll wait for it." she smiled before heading to the school building. He stared at the box for a while, grinning to himself. 
  "___, I didn't see you there" Chanyeol spoke loudly making you jump a little, 
  "H-Hi, I was waiting for you." 
  "Nah, you shouldn't have wait for me, I feel bothersome." 
  Great. Now how am I going to give him the chocolate after that? 


~


  Last period, and you still haven't given Chanyeol his chocolate. Not after what happened earlier. Thinking about it, you got surprised when the bell rang. 

  That's it. It's now of never, it's your last chance. 

  The students were leaving the class one by one, and you waited for a while until the class was silent enough to go and talk to him. "Hey." you shot a smile at him. "Hey." he smiled back. Why do you keep doing these things to me? Can't you just be mine already??
  "So, are you going to take Aeri somewhere now?" 
  "Yeah, I suppose so, I was just, waiting for someone else to confess, but she didn't say anything." You felt a small pain at your chest, like a thin needle going through your body, "O-Oh, can I ask you who is it?" 
  He chuckled a bit, "I'm afraid not." 
  "I see." your quiet voice echoed in the, now, empty room, except for the both heartbroken students.
  "What about you?" He suddenly asked. 
  "I was planning on asking someone, it happens that it didn't work out." you gave him a sad smile. 
  "I'm sorry, the guy must be a douche to not to want you. Anyway, I gotta go, she must be waiting." he waved goodbye before leaving the classroom. A sigh left your lips. "It wasn't supposed to happen like this." 
  Although it hurt, you had to move on, you didn't expect too much to begin with, maybe that was good though. Even if you wanted to go home and cry until your sleep, you had to stay on school for the swimming club team. Having your feelings hurt wasn't an excuse for missing your practices. And like that, you went down in the direction to the school swimming pool. 


~


  "Aeri!" He called her out, waving his large hands in the air, "Did you wait too much?"
  "Don't worry, let's get going. Maybe we could go to a cafe or something." her arms around his.
  

~


  Next day, you decided to avoid Chanyeol. It wasn't because you wanted, but it was for your own good, being close to him would only hurt you even more. After a while, Chanyeol realized you weren't acting the same, and he knew you enough to know that if you had a problem, it would be better let you alone for a while, and he did as so. 
  The bell rang, and you didn't even say bye to him, as expected. Chanyeol was a few steps away from the front main door when he heard his friend call out his name, "Chanyeol!!" 
  "Ah, wassup Baek?" 
  "Hey, um...yesterday I went back to the classroom to see if I left my notebook there and I saw this box with your name on it. Here. See you tomorrow." 
  Chanyeol watched Baekhyun run before taking a look at the box in his hands: "from:___ to:Channie" it said. He opened the box carefully to see lots of decorated heart chocolates and a small paper among them. His eyes drifted through the paper reading every single word with attention. 
  "Huh, she didn't give it to me. Maybe because of Aeri?" He questioned his choices for a while before rushing out of the school. Yeah. It was pretty stupid to expect an specific girl to confess to you when you're going out with someone already. But he didn't notice at a time. He wasn't good with words, or feelings, he was the type of boy who'd live in the moment, not thinking of the consequences. But truth is, he would have rejected Aeri, if he didn't have such a soft heart. That was perhaps one of the biggest reasons for you to like him, he was gentle and sweet, his teasing would make you mad, but deep down you loved because you knew that was his way of showing affection. 


  You were walking home, a lollipop that you bought in a convenience store midway in your mouth, strawberry. You decided to occupy your mind with something, otherwise you'd think about "him" eventually. You started to mumble, 
  "Dinner. Right. What the hell am I doing today? I'm freaking tired of nuggets. Maybe something with rice. 'No rice, no life'. What about some-" 
  "___!" Oh no. Not him.
  You turned around to see him running, an umbrella over his head. You were so distracted by your thoughts you didn't realize the drops that fell on you. 
  "What are you doing here?" 
  "You left this at school yesterday."
  You just had to screw up again. "What!? Did you open it?" 
  Please say no, 
  "Yes." 
  Why? You felt your cheeks and ears instantly heat up, 
  "I'm sorry. I-I didn't want to happen this way." 
  You took the box from his hands and felt your eyes getting teary, that was enough to make you want to get away from him, "I'm sorry." You apologized again before turning on your heels and keep your original way. 
  "Wait," his deep voice spoke, a tight grip on your wrist, "You're gonna leave me like that?" 
  You remained in silence for some seconds before asking, "What do you mean?" You tried to take your wrist off his grip, but he wouldn't let go, "You were the girl I was waiting for. I should be the one apologizing, I went with Aeri but I just didn't want to hurt her, you know I can't say no easily, right?" He was right. Having a good heart came with a price. Sometimes you would even use this against him, but never to hurt him.
  "Look at me" he ordered, and you did as so. 
  His umbrella was now protecting both of you from the rain, pouring a little harder than before. 
  You looked up and saw a smiling Chanyeol. You swear you hated him, but that one smile made you forget about everything. How could his spells work so well on you, when he didn't even try? He took the lollipop out or your mouth and made the distance between you both slowly shorter, until it had no gap between you and him. 
  You felt his soft lips connect with yours. It wasn't a passionate kiss. A rather innocent kiss, just like those you see on dramas. Your eyelids opened when he moved away, your foreheads touching, "Forgive me" a softy whisper coming from his lips. You nodded in response. You stayed on that position for while before you spoke, 
  "You..." His eyes widened suddenly, staring at your confused expression, "You took my first kiss. Idiot." You hit his shoulder, quite hard, 
  "Ow! I didn't know. But hey, at least it was me! You won't regret in the future" he laughed before washing your face with small kisses, "Let me take you home now. What were you thinking? You didn't bring an umbrella in this weather." He popped your lollipop in his mouth, "Hey! I thought this was mine." You chuckled, but still thinking about what he said earlier. "Chanyeol," you called him out. "I better not regret."