The Chase

OVERDOSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XIN POV. 

I didn't lose time as I started running, instead of bolting out of the restaurant's door I went for the more conviently placed window. That led me into the small alley way between it and another building. Running down the alley way was to risky as I might reach a dead end or run into someone. So I started to scale the building, I nimbly climbed using the windows as ledges to hoist myself higher until I reached the roof. I ran across, behind me I could hear silent footsteps but no other sounds, I knew they were coming after me. They silent glided through the shadows, I didn't dare to look behind me. I ran and jumped down onto the smaller building and then tried to jump onto the higher one. It didn't go as smoothly as I hoped. I hit the wall and grunted at the numb pain, I had managed to catch the ledge of the roof and I pulled myself up.

Just as my 2nd foot was about to touch the roof a hand reached out and grabbed my ankle. I turned to see that D.O had grabbed on, he used one hand to hold the edge of the roof and his feet cracked into the wall for support as he leaned out; trying to pull me back. I panicked and then started to wildly thrash and kick, I heard a moan of pain just as my foot was let go. I felt the adrenaline gush through me at the fact I was almost caught. I ran faster than before; leaping from building to building. As I was sprinting I looked down to see a large crowd of people, up head was a train station and people were flooding the streets. 

"Oi!" 

My head snapped around to see Kai who had caught up to me and was running along side me. Our eyes met for a brief second but it seemed like hours staring into those dark brown eyes, I flung myself down into the crowd below.

I could hear the startled shrieks all around me from the strangers who walked the streets. I ran into the mass of people, I lifted down my hood and then took the white mask out of my pocket. I repeated the same thing I had done many times when I ran away. I put the mask over my face and blended in with the crowd. Considering that wouldn't be enough to shake off 12 vampires I purposely bumped and brushed against people. My scent was now on them as the walked in all different directions and hopefully I had masked myself with theirs. I stripped off my dark green rain coat and threw it onto an empty bench, I had a black heavy jacket on. I was sure that this would throw them off aswell. 

My hopes were crushed as I saw an angry Kris storm towards me, I near sh*t because of the raging expression he wore on his face. His footsteps were so loud for a minute I had wondered how I had not heard them. I took off again and headed for the train station I had saw before. I roughly pushed past people as I made it inside. I would need a ticket to get on but there was no time for that as I could hear those loud and now quick footsteps making their way after me. I rushed past security and ran down the nearest set of stairs. I now had both security and Kris after me (hopefully it was only Kris out of the 12). 

I was beyond stressed by now, I had little time to scan the place as I spotted a train which doors were about to close. If I could time this perfectly I would be one lucky bast*rd today, and I was. The train's doors slammed behind me, missing my hair by a small amount. I turned to see Kris who was even angrier than before which I hadn't thought was possible. He let out a frustrated snarl as his hands slammed the doors that were seperating us, his raw strength managed to dent the doors quite badly. The train slowly started to pull away before he could make any attempt at forcing the doors open. 

I breathed out in relief but I was soon choked up. It was painful to keep running and hiding, and it was going to get harder now since they knew what I looked like. But I needed to do this, this dull pressure on my chest is not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter