Sky Fall

Sky Fall
Dealing with heights wasn't easy for Luhan. His hands got clammy, he stammered nothing but nonsense and overall, he acted like a total kid, and it wasn't manly at all. But he figured that if he had the resolve to hold it out for at least a minute or two, he'd accomplish the greatest feat he'd ever come across thus far. 
 
 
But he was wrong; it was terrifyingly harder. 
 
 
Luhan swore he tried everything to calm himself down. He tried to look at anywhere except outside, but he had no where else to look and the mere view of the clear blue sky told him that people on solid ground wouldn't be able to see the sky from this point of view. He couldn't look down either, because it was see through and if he were look down, he would see how far away from the safe ground he was and would undoubtedly start whimpering. Closing his eyes didn't really make a difference because Luhan's self conscious was a jerk — he found out that day — and kept reminding Luhan that he was in a dangerously high place and anything could happen up there and nobody would know till he reached the ground; which wasn't good, either. 
 
 
Feeling so feeble, small and fragile, Luhan couldn't bring himself to lock gazes with the girl in front of him, whom he swore to always look manly in her presence. Look at him now — he was cowardly and frankly, really disappointed at himself. Luhan thought he'd prepared himself enough to go through one minute of the torture but apparently, even a hundred hours couldn't brace him for the torturous sixty seconds. 
 
 
"Look, Luhan. We're almost at the top — and it's sunset." If Luhan wasn't busy reprimanding himself for being such a big, fat chicken, he would slap himself for being such a cheese ball and spelling out his own demise altogether. But he couldn't lift a finger because his hands were gripping on the seat so tightly, Luhan could almost see stars. 
 
 
"Luhan," the soft voice said again, and this time, it successfully snapped him out of his reverie. Luhan lifted his head up and locked gazes with the girl. Almost instantly, he forgot all his fears as the colours of the sunset fell on the girl's features perfectly, defining every angle and curve on her face. 
 
 
Luhan gulped as he slowly released his grip on the seat and laced his hands together instead. He could do this, he said to himself. A few seconds, maybe the rest of the remaining thirty seconds even, all he had to do was say the word, and if it looks promising, he could dive in and forget about the rest of the world for a moment, at least until he could get off the ride from hell. 
 
 
"It's beautiful."
 
 
"Yeah, b-but I bet I can think of something even more b-beautiful," Luhan started as his eyes never left the girl. 
 
 
Puzzled, the younger turned to face the boy. "Really? What?"
 
 
With a sharp intake of breath, Luhan readied himself and promised that if things didn't go well because of the cheesiness, he would ever be able walk with dignity ever again. 
 
 
"It's you."
 
 
Luhan studied the face of the girl, but fate was cruel and made his life miserable by making the girl show shock and nothing else. Her eyes widened but wasn't hanging open, which meant she wasn't too shocked, but it wasn't good either because Luhan couldn't tell if it was a positive or negative response. 
 
 
Betting his entire life on the remaining seconds till they reach the ground, Luhan leaned in and closed the gap, his eyes screwed so tightly shut, he was sure they were gonna hurt later on. 
 
 
And again, the girl didn't push him back nor did she respond — it was once again a neutral reaction where not even a muscle was moved. Luhan wanted to go bury himself in a hole and wonder why he didn't think about the possibility of this outcome but he'd kissed her and that was that. All he could do was countdown to his demise. 
 
 
Ten, nine, eight
 
Luhan relaxed his eyelids and kept his eyes open just a crack to see the girl's expression was. She had her eyes closed. 
 

 

Seven, six, five
 
Luhan was getting hopeful all of a sudden. It might be because she was caught in the moment or maybe even because she felt it was awkward keeping her eyes open, but Luhan didn't care either way because it was still better than staring at him weirdly while their lips were physically attached. 

 

 
Four, three, two
 
Luhan smiled into the kiss. There wasn't a response but he didn't care at that point. He confessed to the girl he liked, kissed her and succeeded in not making a fool out of himself by admitting his fear. Instead, Luhan overcame it and even confessed at that, which was basically killing two fears in one action. He was proud of himself, and satisfied that he didn't get rejected on his first kiss. 

 

 
One
 

 

Luhan parted just in time as the doors swung open and he jumped out in joy, glad that his feet were planted to the ground once more. He held his hand out and the girl accepted his help, her face still stoic as Luhan held a blush in, wondering if everyone waiting in line saw them kiss because the sun was still setting and the Ferris wheel provided more than a clear enough view for whatever was happening inside. Luhan shook the thought off quickly and led the girl somewhere further away, bought two ice cream cones and took a stroll on their way to the exit. 
 
 
Silence had settled in and Luhan was glad that he thought ahead and bought ice cream so it could be bearable. But he honestly didn't want things to just end here, with lots of questions and mixed emotions and endless possibilities. It was unsettling. 
 
 
"Luhan," the girl said fondly as she disposed of her ice cream cup. Luhan had gotten himself an ice cream cone so he was still busy his strawberry vanilla when he hummed in response. 
 
 
"You're super cheesy, you know that?"
 
 
Luhan choked on his ice cream and silently hoped that she wouldn't give him a response that he dreaded, but more or less expected. The girl didn't say anything until Luhan had finally straightened up and was a blushing mess, looking only at the ice cream with no intentions of glancing at the girl. 
 
 
A sigh could be heard and a pair of hands grabbed Luhan's head and forced him to turn and look at the girl, dead in the eyes. For the first few seconds, Luhan gulped and expected a stern lecture or something from her but all she did was squish Luhan's cheeks and pinch them till the boy couldn't help but pout and swat her hand away in annoyance. 
 
 
The girl giggled and Luhan was genuinely surprised because that was the first time she even looked remotely happy since their moment in the Ferris wheel (at least, Luhan felt like it was a moment). 
 
 
"But you're cute, and I guess it's kinda my fault I fell for a guy like you."
 
 
It was Luhan's turn to gape, and his jaw was practically dislocated as he stared at the girl in disbelief. To snap him out of his trance, the playful girl snatched the ice cream cone — had a taste of it — and smashed the tip of it onto Luhan's nose. She burst into fits of laughter as Luhan busied himself with wiping the cool delicacy off his nose. For revenge, he even took a helping on his finger and wiped it on the girl's face. 
 
 
"Hey, what was that for?" The girl cried out incredulously. 
 
 
"That, was for making me worry over nothing." Luhan then stepped closer to her, making the girl gulp and eye him cautiously. 
 
 
"And this, is for ruining my ice cream." No words were exchanged as another moment took place, and the both of them lost their first and second kisses that day. 

 

 


 

Hope you guys enjoyed :)

Happy Birthday again, Luhan!

 

 

 

/whispers/ and me (it's my birthday too)