Chapter 4

My Idiot

JUNJIN POV

 

this, I’m going to tail their asses.

 

5 minutes after leaving my house, I turned right back around and exchange my jacket with one that had a hoodie. Securing my dark shades over my eyes and hood of my black sweater firmly over my head, I kept myself hidden from view right across the street from Minwoo’s house. If he thought that he was going to get rid of me that easily, then he must not really know me.

 

In my fit of anger I had said that I didn’t give a if they ran off to get married. But the truth is, I did care. I don’t know why but it bugged the hell out of me that Minwoo didn’t even want to introduce me to his freaking date. What’s worse? It’s bugging me that I was bugged about it. Crap, I crunched my face, did that even make sense?

 

I didn’t have time to think about it, Minwoo had just stepped out of his house talking to someone. I stepped back a little more to make sure that he couldn’t see me, waiting for whoever the hell he was talking to step out into view. When another figure finally came out, I squinted.

 

What the hell? No ing way!

 

I could feel my eyes growing as big as saucers from behind the dark glasses. What the ? I swiped the glasses off my face just to make sure I was really seeing what I was seeing. Yup, I wasn’t mistaken. He was Minwoo’s date? Him? You’ve got be ting me.

 

Kim Dongwan? KIM DONGWAN?

 

I resisted the urge to face palm. Okay, now this was a low blow. It had nagged me to know that he wasn’t attracted to a guy like me like there was something with my type or something but this.. THIS was a slap in the face. No, a punch to the gut because he would prefer a guy like Dongwan…DONGWAN to me. ME. Compared to Kim Dongwan aka school library assistant aka class nerd.

 

And Minwoo was dating him? Un-freaking-believable.

 

I jumped up and swore under my breath when my cell phone went off. Still glaring at Minwoo’s direction, I answered after three rings. “What?”

 

“Hey, man” Kangta’s voice said from the other line. “Where are you? We’ve been waiting for you and Minwoo to show up. We’re already by the movies”

 

“Change of plans” I snapped, eyes following Minwoo and Dongwan’s movement. They were walking towards Minwoo’s car, saying stuff I was too far to hear.

 

“Change of plans?” Kangta parroted. “What? Why? What happened?”

Hell, I couldn’t tell him that I just found out that the school idol was going out with Kim freaking Dongwan. Instead I said, “Something else came up. Talk to you later.” I hung up before he could question me even more.

 

Grabbing my bike, I waited till Minwoo drove away before following.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

MINWOO POV

 

Junjin was following us.

 

It was so obvious that it would take a blind man not to notice him. I’m sure he thought that he was doing a good job concealing himself, trying to blend in with the crowd or hide behind objects but sadly.. he wasn’t.

 

“Uh” my date cleared his throat beside me. “I think your friend is following us”

 

“I know” I said, putting the book I had been studying back on the shelf. “Ignore him”

 

Dongwan cleared his throat again, glancing uneasily over my shoulder where I knew Junjin was trying to hide himself behind some book shelves and failing miserably. He seemed to be the only one who thought he wasn’t. That idiot.

 

“He keeps glaring at me”

 

I sighed. “Pretend he’s not there”

 

“Kind of hard to do when his eyes are shooting daggers at me”

 

I rubbed my temple tiredly, a habit that formed whenever Junjin was involved. “Do you want to go some place else?”

 

“Think he’ll follow us again if we leave?”

 

Yes. I did. “Doesn’t matter. We can just keep pretending like we don’t see him”

 

“Does he really think that those shelves are hiding him?”

 

“Forgive him. He’s an idiot” Unfortunately he was my idiot.

 

Dongwan frowned as we continued down stairs. “I don’t really want to leave the library yet. I still wanted to show you some books I liked but…” he trailed off, glancing behind him.

 

Reluctantly, I looked behind me and caught Junjin still trying to hide behind shelves, standing perfectly still as if acting like a statue made him less visible. Guess, he wasn’t aware the shelves were thin enough to show exactly where he was standing. Plus, I could see a clear view of his shoes peaking out from the corner.

 

Pathetic, I thought. You’re going to have to do better than that, Jin.

 

“Maybe we should call him over” Dongwan suggested kindly. “Have him join us instead of following us”

 

I crossed my arms. “No”

 

Dongwan blinked. “No?”

 

I shook my head. “Let’s just finish out our date without him having to tag along with us.” Junjin forced to hang out with Dongwan? I shuddered to think of the disastrous outcome. It was better to just have him watch us from the distance.

 

“Uh, no offense, Minwoo but he’s kind of already tagging along if you really think about it” Dongwan scratched his head. “I guess I wouldn’t mind if he just joined us”

 

Yeah, well I minded. Dongwan didn’t know Junjin like I did. As hot headed as he is, Junjin would just end up opening his big mouth and say something that would make Dongwan regret inviting him. No, it was better for Junjin to stay right where he is. And I voiced exactly that.

 

Dongwan frowned again and shrugged. “Okay, if you say so. Still, if looks could kill, I’m already dead hundred times. Hey, what exactly did you tell him about me?”

 

“I didn’t” I answered honestly.

 

“Huh? You didn’t tell him that you were going out on a date with me?”

 

“I told him I was going out on a date. But I didn’t mention with whom”

 

“Why?”

 

I sighed. “Because he’s an idiot”

 

I shrugged. “Come on, let’s go somewhere else. Didn’t you say that you wanted to go to the museum?”

 

Dongwan grinned at the very mention of his favourite topic. History. “Yeah, let’s go. Hey, did you know that Lee Sunsin…..”

 

I tried to listen to him as we made our way out the library, very much aware that Junjin followed us. From the corner of my eyes, I could see him flattening his back against a wall, or crouching down by a garbage can as if it was big enough to hide him. What did he think he was? A ninja? Crouching tiger? Hidden dragon? I rolled my eyes. He’s so hopeless.

 

“Let’s just walk there” Dongwan said, breaking out of his history topic. “It’s not far”

 

“Yeah, sure”

 

We arrived at the museum 10 minutes later. After paying our entrance fee, we walked right in without bothering to see if Junjin followed us inside. “Aw, ” I heard his voice say as we turned the corner. “Where’s my damn wallet?”

 

That idiot. He forgot to bring his wallet? I chuckled. That was so like him to forget something important. Now he couldn’t come in because he didn’t have any cash on him. I chuckled again, shaking my head. Honestly, what am I going to do with that guy?

 

“Err” Dongwan began, glancing unsurely at me. “Should we pay for his way in?”

 

Was he kidding? “No” I shook my head. “Let him wait outside” out there he couldn’t bother us and ruin things. I liked Dongwan, we had a lot of things in common, a love for history being one of them. Besides, it wasn’t easy finding a same partner. I thought that maybe if I gave him a chance, I might even come to love him someday.

 

Because being alone hurt.

 

I chuckled at my sentimental thoughts. It’s not like me to feel sorry for myself but sometimes I couldn’t help but feel alone even in a room full of people. My family, my friends even Junjin. Being around him made me feel even more alone. I’m still regretting the day I told him I was gay. I shouldn’t told him but part of me wanted to see his reaction. Hoped that he would understand.

 

I was wrong.

 

My thought strayed to Junjin and I shook my head. He was the last person I wanted to tell my feelings to. Knowing him, he’s just ask demanding question about why I was feeling this way. And that was a topic I really didn’t want to discuss with him. If he couldn’t accept my ual preference then how can he accept the reason for my heartache?

 

How could he accept that he was the very reason for it?

 

I laughed softly ay myself. In love with your own best friend. How very cliché.

 

“Minwoo?” Dongwan called to me. “Hey, you okay?”

 

“Hmm?” I glanced at him, snapping out of my reverie. “Yeah, I’m fine. Are you ready to go to the next one?”

 

We stayed in the museum for about half an hour. Dongwan was the one who was mostly engrossed with the stuff but I trailed obediently behind him, silently wondering if Junjin gave up on waiting and went home. I wouldn’t be surprised id he stayed outside and waited like some stalker. He was so stubborn.

 

“I’ll never get bored going to this museum” Dongwan was saying as we walked out the exit. “History is so fascinating”

 

“Hmm” I agreed, glancing around. Well, guess Junjin did go home. I tried not to be disappointed about it but failed miserably. He was an idiot. But like I said, he was my idiot.

 

“Uh Minwoo” Dongwan nugned my shoulder and nodded ahead of us.

 

I looked up in time to see Junjin stalking towards us with determined strides. And he did not look happy.

 

“Finally” he snapped when he reached us. “How long did you guys plan to say in there? God, I almost gave up on waiting”

 

I lifted a brow. “I see that you didn’t”

 

He glared at me then settled his eyes on Dongwan. He sneered. “ You’ve got to be joking right?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You’re going out with this, little shrimp? Seriously?”

 

I sighed. “That’s none of your business, Junjin”

 

“Of course it is! I’m your best friend”

 

My eyes narrowed, starting to get really ticked at his attitude. “And I told you stay home”

 

“You can’t tell me what to do! And I don’t like this” he pointed to Dongwan. “I don’t like you going out with this guy!”

 

I rubbed my forehead. I could feel a headache coming. “Junjin, stop saying something so selfish”

 

“I can’t accept this” he hissed. “Why did you choose him and not me?”

 

I froze. What did he say?

 

“How come he’s your type and not me? What’s wrong with me?”

I looked at him carefully. “Junjin, do you know what you’re saying?”

 

“Of course I do, jackass”

 

No, he obviously didn’t. What he said sounded suspiciously like a confession and he wasn’t even aware of it. Did I have some hope? Did I dare to?

 

“I don’t get it” he grumbled, crossing his arms and glaring at Dongwan. “What’s so special about him?”

 

Oh, Jinnie. I thought. What am I going to do with you?

 

“Okay” I patted his shoulders. “I understand. Why don’t you go home and I’ll meet you there”

 

His jaw clenched.

 

“I’m just going to drop Dongwan off and will be right back. Then we can hang out. I really don’t want to get into a fight with you anymore”

 

“Yeah, but-“

 

“Junjin” I stressed, using a tone of voice that I knew he couldn’t argue with. I pointed to the direction of his house. “Go” I learned a long time ago that in order to make a hot headed stubborn guy like Junjin obey you, you needed to be very firm with him. Like a rascally puppy, you had to show him tough love or he’d walk all over you.

 

“Fine” he muttered, shooting another dark glare at poor Dongwan before walking away to his bike. I had a sudden comical image of him with a puppy ears hanging down in dejection, tail waging.

 

“Well” Dongwan cleared his throat. “I’m glad I’m still alive”

 

That made the two of us.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

SHINHWA 8TH WIN!!!!! SNIPER THE BEST!!!!

 

Btw sorryyyyyy for the late update. I make this new chapter to celebrate our oppa's 8th WIN. Hahahaha XD

There is a little WooDong moment there. I hope you like it. And dont forget to drop your comments. xoxoxo