Chapter 1

My Idiot

JUNJIN POV

 

“I’m gay.”

 

I choked on my sandwich, wheezing when a piece went down the wrong pipe. Gasping, I grabbed my sprite, opened the top and chugged the soda down like there was no tomorrow. The liquid burned my throat but that didn’t stop me from emptying half of the full bottle in one go. All the while, Minwoo, my best friend since the third grade patted my back like he hadn’t just said something life altering.

 

“You’re,” I wheezed, “what?”

 

His solemn face didn’t change expression. “I’m gay”

 

I coughed, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. “Is this some kind of joke or something? Am I being punked.”

 

I gaped at him. “Dude, you’re not gay”

 

“Yes, I am”

 

“No, you’re not”

 

“Am”

 

“Not”

 

Minwoo stared at me, expression bored.

 

I shook my head. “No way you’re gay, man”

 

“Yeah? Why’s then?”

 

I stood up and glared down at him. “You’re Lee freaking Minwoo”

 

He lifted up a brow but didn’t comment.

 

I pointed at him. “YOU! You’re like Jo Insung of the school! Where ever you go girls follow and go gaga over you. , yesterday I found some lacy underwear at the back seat of you car.”

 

Minwoo shrugged. “It’s not mine”

 

“Of course not. It means some chicks snuck it in there as an invitation. dude, they even labeled their names and phone numbers on the tag!”

 

“Which you kept” he said dryly. “I’m sure”

 

I snorted. “Hell yeah, I did”

 

Minwoo sighed. “Jinnie, all that doesn’t change that I’m gay”

 

“You’re not, Minwoo”

 

“Yes” he looked up, face serious. “I am”

 

I groaned. “Dude, that’s so ed up”

 

“I can’t get it up for girls.” He confessed casually, like he just said something that was normal for healthy young men in our ages.

 

“Okay. Who did it?” I asked him.

 

“Did what?”

 

“Who converted you? Tell me the bastards name and I’ll put some hurt on him”

 

Minwoo sighed. “No one converted me”

 

“Someone would have had to” I insisted. I punched my right fist to my left palm. “Come on, tell me so I can beat the crap out of him for putting such ideas in your head.”

 

“Jinnie, I wasn’t converted. I think I was always gay”

 

I winched at the word. “Dude, for god sake, stop saying that! You’re not”

 

“Just because you deny it, doesn’t make it less true”

 

“Bull!” I went on my knees and leaned towards him. “Are you saying that if I spank you right now and whip you good, you’d be cause I’m a guy?”

 

Minwoo lifted a brow, clearly amused. “Where would you get the whip?”

 

“Not the point, smart ”

 

He smiled, a smile that looked almost sad and tired. “Jinnie, I’m gay”

 

“UGHHH! Stop saying that!”

 

“Gay”

 

I glared at him. “You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

Minwoo, that , let out a soft chuckle. “Yeah, I kind of am. You’re reaction are always amusing.”

 

“Well, I’m so ing glad that I can amuse you”

 

Minwoo just smile. “But Jinnie, it’s not like I’m any different from before. I’m still Lee Minwoo. That Lee Minwoo that you know.”

 

“Yeah, except that you are now a ”

 

His eyes hardened, turning cold. “Don’t say that word”

 

“What? I can say gay but not ? What’s the difference?”

 

“Don’t push me, Junjin”

 

“”

 

“Park Choong Jae”

 

“”

 

I felt the blow before I saw it. I should have expected it since I knew I was being a complete , something in me had wanted to hurt him but it still came as a surprise. His fist shot up and connected right on my jaw, sending me tumbling back on my . Minwoo stood and loomed over me.

 

“Ouch.” I winched, the blood off the corner of my lip. “For a , you sure can throw a hard punch”

 

“Get up” he growled.

 

“No, thanks” I said, laying on my back and spreading my arm wide open. “I kind of like it down here.”

 

“You’re a , you know that?”

 

My lips twitched. “Guess you would know, right?”

 

Minwoo muttered something that sounded like ‘pain in my ’ before sitting down beside me. I ignored him for a minute. Staring up at the blue open sky. It would have been a perfect day hanging out in gym’s roof top if someone hadn’t just dropped a bomb on me.

 

“So…you’re…gay?”

 

“I said so, didn’t I?”

 

I frowned. “What about all those girls you slept with? They keep bragging about how you just keep going and going and going –”

 

“Lies. I rejected them all”

 

“Damn. So you’re a ?”

 

“Yeah” Minwoo said with a small amile. “Jinnie?”

 

“Hmm”

 

“Are you disgusted with me?”

 

I made a face. “Er..well this isn’t something that I can accept all of a sudden since you dropped it on me like a bomb. It will take some time to getting used to it”

 

“Do you want to break up?”

 

“Dude, that just sound like we are in some kind of relationship”

 

“You know what I meant, Jinnie”

 

I sighed, tucking my hands under my head. “Yeah. I mean no. I’m not going to end our friendship just like that. We grew up together. We’re the two musketeers, remember?”

 

Minwoo chuckled, laying down beside me. He tucked his hands under his head and stared up at the sky along with me.

 

There was a minute of silence before I cleared up my throat. Okay, I was dying to ask. “Hey..have you..you know..”

 

“Slept with any guys?”

 

“Uh..yeah”

 

“No, Junjin”

 

I sighed with relief. Man, that was something I would have had a hard time getting over with. I might have even needed theraphy. “Hey”

 

“What now, Junjin?”

 

“You don’t look gay”

 

There was a minute of stretching silence before he replied with, “Thanks.. I guess”

 

“Hey?”

 

Minwoo sighed. “Yes, Junjin”

 

“See that cloud over there?”

 

“Which one?”

 

I pointed. “There”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Doesn’t it look like a ?”

 

“Jinnie”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Youre a pain in the ”

 

I laughed

 

Oh, I was laughing now but don’t make any mistake. I wasn’t going to give up. My best friend, the school’s most sought after guy, just told me that he was gay. The whole school would go up in uproar if they found out this newest scandal and our school loved scandal. What happen to his reputation?

 

Bull.

 

There was no way in hell that I was just going to let that slide. Oh no, because I was going to try my damnest to bring him back from the ‘path of no return’. He said he hadn’t sleep with any guys yet right? That meant that I still had a chance, he still had a chance to be normal again.

 

Yup, I thought, glaring at the sky. As his most closest friend, it was my duty to look after him. Minwoo may think that this was all ing peachy keen but he had another thing coming. And he’s going to love women again.

 

Count on it.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I know I use word 'gay' way tooo much in this chapter. Hahaha

After 7 months, the first chapter finally out. I'm so sorry to those who are waiting for this story. Please tell me how you think.

Warning: Wrong grammar, typo, awkward sentence.