Chapter 3

My Idiot

JUNJIN POV

 

That very night I barged into my little sister’s room, not bothering to knock.

 

Youngji was lying on her belly on the bed wearing pink pajamas, legs up in the air and crossed behind her. She had a bag of chips on the side and a book opened in front of her. She looked up when I entered, a potato chip hanging between her lips.

 

“Hey” I said, striding to her bed. “You read those homo comics, right?”

 

She blinked up at me, taking the chip out of . “Homo comics? You mean my collection?”

 

“Yeah, whatever.”

 

Youngji huffed. “Well for your information. Its called , not homo comics. It’s a beautiful Japan art form expressing BL. That stands for Boys Love by the way.”

 

I gave her an I-don’t-give-a-crap look. “, homo comics, what’s the difference? They’re all about gay right?”

 

Youngji shrugged. “Yeah, what about it?”

 

“What does it say about turning back?”

 

“What?”

 

“You know” I waved an irritated hand. “Turn back to normal. Turn gay guys straight again.”

 

Youngji blinked. “It doesn’t”

 

“What?” I barked. “Why not?”

 

“Oppa, you can’t be gay one day and not the next”

 

“Why the hell not?”

 

Youngji nibbled on her chip, flipping the page of her book. “It’s not like an on and off switch”

 

Damn. There’s got to be something that could help me with my mission. Why couldn’t a gay guy turn straight again? Seeing that I wasn’t going to get any help from her, I turned to leave but found myself pausing at the door. Something was still bugging me.

 

“Hey” I said, turning around to face her.

“Hmm?”

 

“Do I..would I…”

 

She took her eyes off the book to look at me. “What?”

 

I fidgeted. “Uh.. would I attract gay guys?”

 

Youngji lifted a brow. “Why? Are you gay?” she smiled. “That would be so cool.”

 

“I’m not gay” I glare at her. “I just wanted to know if I..if a guy like me can attract gay dudes”

 

She got quiet and studied me. I felt myself start to sweat with her staring at me like that. What the hell was she looking for? I felt bolting out the door when a really creepy smile spread on her face. Why’d I have to ask her?

 

“Wellllll” she drawled. “Yeah, you would be a gay magnet. Not to be all but you’re pretty good looking guy.”

 

I smiled. Of course I am. This is Park Choong Jae.

 

I turned to leave but nearly tripped over myself when my sister said slyly. “Minwoo oppa would make a great uke”

 

I swirled around to gap at her. “What?”

 

Youngji grinned, wiggling her brows. “I said that Minwoo oppa would make a great ‘bottom.”

 

I started sweating. , did she know something that I didn’t? That would be so messed up, my own sister knowing about Minwoo’s condition way before me, his ing best friend. “Why do you say that?”

 

She shrugged, wagging her crossed legs behind her back and forth. “Well, in the world, cool beauties like Minwoo oppa is usually the bottom”

 

“Cool beauties?”

 

“Yeah, the well spoken, reserved types. He’s always so composed when you talk to him and his looks is a bit intimidating making for a perfect cool beauty”

 

“And that would make him a bottom?” that sounded unbelievable. My best bud, Minwoo, lying beneath some guy, and panting as he took it up the… I shook my head at the mental image. What the hell? What the hell was I just imagining? I wanted to bang my head on the wall. Not cool. So not cool at all.

I better get out of my sister’s room before she put more disgusting imaged in my head about Minwoo. But before I left, I snatched the book off her bed.

 

“OPPA!” she shrieked “I was reading that!”

 

I glanced at the book. Yup, it was one of her gay comics. “I’m keeping this”

 

“For what?! it was just getting to the good part!”

 

I walked out of the room without a backward glance. “For research”

 

 

Not wanting to waste any more time, the very next day I called a few of our friends and set up a group date. 5 guys, 5 girls.

 

Minwoo would have no choice but to pair up with a chick during the group date. Hell, once they see him they may all want to be set up with him, which was fine with me. Usually I’d give him for hogging the attention from all the girls but this time I’m willing to let it slide. The more girls around him, the better. My perfect plan B was about to be set into action.

 

All I needed to do now, I thought as I took my cell phone, was to call the guy himself. After four rings, Minwoo answered his phone with “What do you want, Jinnie?”

 

“Get ready, we’re going on a date”

 

A pause from the other line before he replied with a mocking” Don’t you think we’re moving too fast?”

 

I snorted. “That’s not what I meant, smart . I called some friends and set up a group date”

 

“I can’t go”

 

“Why the hell not? I already told them you were coming”

 

“Don’t you think you should have asked me first before telling them that?”

 

What? I stared at my cell phone before putting it back against my ear.” Dude, I’ve always set up stuff without telling you and you’ve never cared before. So why the now?”

 

Minwoo sighed. “I can’t go because I’m already going on a date, Jin”

 

Already going on a date? I grinned. “Well, why didn’t say so? Gezz man, who’s the lucky chick? Is she hot?

 

There was a moment of silence before he answered. “It’s not a girl”

 

I blinked. Not a girl? What did he mean not a girl? If it wasn’t a girl then..my eyes widened with dawning understanding. “You mean.. it’s with a guy?”

 

“Yes”

 

“You’re going on a date with a guy?!” I was nearly shouting but I didn’t care. Minwoo was going on a date, with a guy? How the hell did two guys go on dates?

 

“Junjin” Minwoo scolded. “Calm dowm”

 

“Calm down? Calm down? Dude, you just told me you’re going out a date with a…a dude!”

 

Minwoo’s voice hardened on the other line, a sign that I was getting him mad but who cares? He just told me he was going out on a date with another guy! “Junjin, don’t act like you didn’t see this coming”

 

“I didn’t”

 

“Then, you’re a ing idiot”

 

Yup, he was mad. Minwoo never cussed and when he did, his temper was worse then mine. “Nevermind. I’m coming over” I wanted to see for myself who this dickward is, the guy who was putting ideas in my best friend’s head.

 

“Stay where you are, Junjin. I don’t want you to come over”

 

My jaw dropped. “What? What did you say? You don’t want me over? ME?”

 

“You heard what I said”

 

I blinked. What the hell was going on?! Minwoo never told me not to come to his house before. NEVER. Until now. Until he got himself a date with another guy. I felt..I felt betrayed. Minwoo is my best bud. How the hell can some ty bastard I’ve never seen before come between us? Was this what happened to guys who turns gay? They leave all their straight friends behind? That’s ed up.

 

“I’m coming over” I growled.

 

“No, you’re not”

 

“I’ll be over in five minutes”

 

“I won’t open the door for you”

“That’s all right” I smirked. “You gave me a spare key remember?”

 

“Stop being a spoilt bastard, Junjin. I’m getting sick of it”

 

I blinked.

 

“If you come over here” he continued “you can kiss our friendship goodbye”

 

I blinked again. “You’re serious?”

 

“Damn straight, I am. I’m not going to have you come over here with your temper tantrum and bother us”

 

“Who is he?”

 

“Like I’d tell you”

 

“Minwoo…”

 

“No, you listen to me, Junjin. Calm the down and sit in the corner somewhere. I’ll see you in school.” Click.

 

 I stared at my cell phone. Click? He hung up on me! I threw the phone on my bed, furious. I ran a frustrated hand through my hair, shaking. That bastard. How could he dump me over some guy? That . That traitor. Years of friendship he was willing to flush down the toilet just like that all because he thought I was having a ‘temper tantrum’. Well can you ing blame me?

 

I snatched my fell off the bed and dialed his number. No, this wasn’t over. I’m going to give him a piece of my mind. But he never answered. It went straight to voice mail. Oh, perfect, I snorted. He was going to be a baby and ignore my calls now.

 

Well fine. Two can play that game. See if I care. I was only trying to help and look what I get in return? . I flopped my back down on my bed, tucking both hands under my head. I stared up at the ceiling fan, imaging myself punching the faceless bastard who lured Minwoo down the wrong path.

 

Who the hell was he? What was so special about him that Minwoo would be willing to dump me for him? My eyes narrowed. He better not be someone I know, that’s for sure. Stupid Minwoo. That idiot.

 

Jumping off the bed, I grabbed my jacket and headed out the door. Well, if he was going to have fun then so will I. I don’t care if he’s not coming. I’ll just hog all the girls to myself. He can just go and have his freaking gay date. Hell they can even get married for I care. I’ll even pinch in and be their crappy wedding singer.

 

ing, Lee Minwoo.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Double update!! Yeay! Finally have time for this. Enjoy your reading xx