[ interlude ]

fight/flight

i wrote this in lapslock. so... sorry? not sorry? takes place after chp10 but before chp11... kind of? i'm not sure... sorry but enjoy regardless

 


 

 

chanyeol is tucked up on the sofa, knees up to his chest, a blanket hanging off his shoulder and the first aid kit spread out across the black coffee table whilst he carefully dabs antiseptic cream onto his knuckles. kris simply watches from the doorway for a while, watching the other so engrossed in his task, it’s peaceful. even though what made those wounds is a sore subject, ground rarely touched by them, he can’t help but feel nothing but love for chanyeol. he pads over to him quietly, as if he’s a deer and making too much will startle him. kris sits next to him gently and after a second, he takes the cotton bud from the redhead and applies it to his knuckles himself. chanyeol doesn’t argue, he’s far too tired, and just watches lazily.

 

kris smells like fruit and soap having just finished washing up before bed, it’s relaxing. the younger leans into his side silently. when kris has finished, he leans across and retrieves a few plasters. and then, as if chanyeol was made of the thinnest glass, he places the plasters across his wounded knuckles with the utmost care. finally, he simply holds chanyeol’s hand in his. their fingers lace together perfectly, filling the gaps like they were molded for eachother, even if kris’s hands are just that bit bigger.

 

it’s then that kris hums quietly, a small sound in his throat and it’s all he needs to get chanyeol’s attention. the other turns to him slowly, fatigue weighing heavily on him. with his other hand, he softly places it across chanyeol’s cheek and delicately coxes chanyeol up to him. his eyes are heavily lidded as he watches kris’s lips with anticipation. then, their lips meet albeit barely. it’s a quiet whisper of a kiss, the faintest to touches but it has chanyeol’s head reeling. kris parts to change his angle and kisses him again — properly this time, pushing against chanyeol with force, like he’s feeding off the kiss.

 

chanyeol shifts so he’s sat facing kris, giving as good as he gets, the haze of sleep slowly being lifted. the kiss begins to trail across his cheek and down to his neck. his earlobe was quickly nipped before lips attached themselves to chanyeol’s nape and began to leave a mark. chanyeol stuttered out quiet moans, clinging to the shirt on kris’s back. love bite firmly in place, the other hovered over him for a moment, taking in chanyeol’s flush, his swollen lips and dilated eyes. then like a hawk, or maybe a dragon, he swooped down and kissed him firmly. chanyeol gasped under him, trying to return his affections somehow but kris was relentless.

 

kris has never had a partner so satisfying and exciting as chanyeol. that's what they are now; partners. it's still a little odd. he kind of grew up with chanyeol, getting into trouble when they were kids and getting into trouble when they were teenagers. he’ll always be sorry that they lost contact for a while, but he’s got chanyeol back now, even if the circumstances are not quite what he expected. kris as a child never wanted to kiss boys, and kris as a teenager was too scared to kiss boys. and here they are, making out on chanyeol’s sofa. he thinks that he’ll always find that exchange student, jia, pretty and talented, pretty much his ideal type. but chanyeol… he’s different. he’s all kris wants.

 

chanyeol is eager when they manage to get to the bed. trying to pull clothes off the both of them like its a race. normally, kris would be too but tonight, he doesn't want to go too fast. he just wants to enjoy chanyeol, savour every last bit, no matter how long it takes.

 

he notices the younger wincing when he's taking his jeans off. the other’s knee is still a bit sore and there's still a few bruises decorating his stomach. kris makes sure to kiss all his wounds, almost like a mother, making it better, but it’s different here. it always is with chanyeol. he kisses every scar, every bruise and cut, because he accepts them, he accepts chanyeol. he kisses them because it will get better, he kisses them because there's no reason to be scared. so he lifts the arm that's covering his eyes and faded maroon hair away to look at chanyeol — to really look at him. it’s just them. with their faults and scars, with their past and cloudy future.

 

chanyeol breathes out a shaky sigh and gathers himself, relaxing. kris smiles down at him fondly; smiles down at fushia lips, big elf like ears which are scarlet at the tips and big almond eyes, which are brown — just like his — but seem to sparkle just that little bit more.

 

then, chanyeol smiles back. dumbly, bashfully, but happily. being with kris makes him happy — kris makes him happy.

 

it's just them — that's all he wants. he’ll do anything for chanyeol. anything.