Regression

I'll be your Big Brother

I’m sitting in the ambulance. Minho is lying on the stretcher. He is pale. So pale. I didn’t mean to make him feel so bad. Doctor gave him sedatives  because he became to tremble. I can’t believe I did it again! I promised him! The doctor asked me about what happened. I told him that he is just scared but he is not very convinced. At the hospital they phoned Mr. Choi. Minho wakes up an hour later. He is behaving strange. Like he is not him. I wait patiently. Minho is staring at the ceiling. He is not answering any questions. What happened today was too much for him. The doctor said that he has a psychological trauma and if I know about something that could be a reason of this I have to tell him. I didn’t. I know that if I do Minho will never meet with me again. His father appears in the ward. When he notices me I can see fury in his eyes.

‘You! What have you done to my son?!’ I’m as angry as he is. Because it’s his fault, not mine. He should has phoned the police that day when Minho was taken. But he cared  about himself more.

‘ Mr. Choi. Your son is going through regression caused by huge stress. He will behave like a child for few hours. That’s nothing serious but it’s another proof of trauma. We have to know if something happened in his childhood’ says the doctor.

‘Nothing happened. That’s absurd! Can you live me and my son alone for a moment?’ This man! I hate him so much! Doctor leaves the ward. Mr. Choi tells me to do the same but I refuse.

‘Minho? What happened, honey?’ the boy blinks few times. His father his head lightly.

‘He showed me THIS CD. I can’t believe how could you leave him alone that day’ man’s eyes winds.

‘You don’t understand. It’s not like this’ he stammers surprised.

‘The only reason why I didn’t tell anyone was that Minho loves you so much. But you know what? He loves me too so you should think it over before you tell me to leave again’ The truth is that Minho never directly told me that he loves me but I know that he do. Deep in his heart. After that he stops being so harsh with me. During the lunch time a nurse comes in with meal for Minho.

‘You should eat something, dear’ says Mr. Choi after Minho refuses to eat. The doctor was right. Minho is really behaving like a child. He shakes his head and hides under the blanket. I try another strategy:

‘Who would like to have some sweets?’ I ask like I am a nanny. Minho takes out his head out and smiles widely. It’s so strange! Minho is always so mature. I think that this is the first and only time I will see him like this.

‘No, no, no! You should eat lunch first and then you will have your sweets’ Minho nods sadly and begins to consume the meal. The thing that doctor called ‘regression’ ends after few hours. Minho is so tired that he falls asleep again. I’m sitting there for the rest of the day with his father. Maybe we don’t like each other but we both love Minho and that’s the only reason why we haven’t killed each other already.

Choi Minho, you know that you love me, don’t you?

This chapter is quite short. Before I wrote this I had done some research about trauma and yes, the regression is 100% real. It’s not something I created. What will Minho do when he recover? What about their trip to Europe? I’ll try to update soon. Oh-Kay fighting!

P.S. I’m thinking about writing 2min when I finish this story. What do you think?