The CD

I'll be your Big Brother

We are sitting on the bed in Minho’s  room. He is very serious today. I have no idea why he is like this. He told me something around 10 times how important is the thing that he wants to show me so I’m dying from curiosity.

‘ Is this a movie from your childhood?’ I ask. He is having great fun because of my effort.

Kind of. I sigh. Why he has to torture me like that?

‘Are you talking there?’ he smiles sadly. Have I offended him?

Yes. A lot. Finally I will hear Minho’s voice. I just can’t imagine how beautiful it will be. Everything about him is beautiful. He stands up to switch on the TV set. He gives me a serious look.

No matter what, you have to watch it all I nod. That’s so strange. Why wouldn’t I want to watch it till the end? Minho takes a big breath and puts a CD into the player. Young blindfolded boy is sitting on the chair. His hands are tied up behind his back. I don’t have to ask. I know it’s Minho. But why? How? I’m speechless. That is the last thing that I could expect. A man in the black mask appears in front of the boy. He says something about Mr. Choi and money. I’m in such a shock that I can’t even understand. I come back to my senses when he hits Minho for the first time. He hits MY Minho. No way! I turn my head to real Minho who is staring expressionless on the screen. Younger Minho is screaming from pain. His whole face is covered with blood. The kidnaper is still hitting him when he lose consciousness.

‘No, Minho, Stop it!! Turn it off!! Now!!’ I shout desperately. I feel tears falling down my cheeks. I’m not able to stand looking at his suffering. He shakes his head and shows me previous message:

No matter what, you have to watch it all. I don’t care why he is doing this to me but why he is doing this to himself?! Captor forces him to choose between two kinds of tortures and every time Minho is unable to make a decision man does both of it. Everything is becoming clearer now. That’s why he has such a problem with making decisions. That’s why he is scared of elevators. Why he didn’t tell anyone? I’m still crying. Real Minho looks like he isn’t here. Like he came back to this small room with sadistic kidnaper.  Now the man is hitting him with wire. The chair rolls over and now Minho is lying on the ground. He stopped screaming. He is not talking at all. Even when captor tells him to choose he just shake his head helplessly. Suddenly the film stops. I’m staring at Minho with red swollen eyes. I don’t know what to say. That I’m sorry? That it was terrible? That I’m scared? That know I understand?

I’m sorry. I just wanted you to know.

‘How..’ I can’t finish.

They wanted money from my parents. They sent them this CD one week after my disappearance. My appa thinks that this CD was destroyed.

‘Why your parents didn’t call the police?!’ I shout. I can’t believe it. They just waited?!

You see… What my appa does is not 100% legal. He would go to jail because of this. I can’t live it like this.

‘Minho, we have to tell someone. We have to tell your head teacher. We have to call the police.'

No, no, no. Onew-hyung, you can’t. They will take me away from my appa. I don’t want my appa to be in jail. What will happen to me? I can’t live alone. Who will I live with? You? Hyung who is kissing me like Big Brothers shouldn’t?! I don’t care what will happen to his father. I hate his father.

‘ Minho! Don’t talk nonsense! I will find the way to solve this but now we are taking this CD and we are going to the police office’ I grab his wrist and pull him out of the room. Suddenly I hear a loud sound of body crashing with the floor. Minho fainted.

Choi Minho, what should I do?

This chapter was a little bit surprising. Onew cares about Minho so much. But will Minho trust him again after what he did? What will Onew do after answering all his questions? Comments demanded! Oh-Kay fighting!