The ring

Inter Vita et Mortem

Under the sky were puffs of smoke and gusts of dusts apparently blowing from the north. I don't have any idea where this guy brought me. But one thing is for sure; It's not a place for humans like me.

 

"Where have you brought me?" I asked as we walked on the red sand. Our feet bury a little and the wind makes it harder to see the way we're traveling.

"I don't really know but, I could sense danger around—" He suddenly stopped taking a step forward and pointed on an area where there's lesser winds and such. Though that place seems peculiar. "We could stay there!"

"Is that a really safe place to stay at?"

"Trust in me." He offered his hand and tried to convince me through his eyes. So I slowly lifted my hand up and placed it over his palm that were quite curved.

 

And for an unknown reason, his expression had changed.

 

"This..." His face frowned as he rubbed the gem in the ring I found with his thumb. "Where have you found this?"

"I found it on the floor. Someone might have dropped it so I picked it up and tried wearing it because I was curious if it would fit on my finger. But when I was about to remove it, it seems like it stuck on my skin!"

"This is mine.. this ring is connected to my life."

"What..did you just say?"

"This was from my forefathers, passed for generations. And whoever wears this will have their lives connected to it. And now, once this gem turns into black, that means either you and I have perished forever."

I rolled my eyes towards the ring and gazed at it. "What else could this ring do?"

"I don't know." He expelled his breath. "My father gave that to me before he died and told me that it gives power to control the element of light and magic but I don't really know what he meant by that... besides I already have powers so... I don't really know."

"Powers?" I darted my eyes on him. "So that means, I have magical powers now?"

"What...? Uh. Not sure. Maybe?" He walked off and pulled me on the place he pointed at seconds ago. "It's safer here."

"How do I use my powers?" I desperately asked, excited of the possibilities.

"I have no idea. We're not even sure if you got powers."

"But you said this gives—"

 

All of a sudden, we felt some peculiar changes in the surroundings. The wind's direction diverted on the other side, in a faster pace. It formed a thick gust of dust that gradually developed into a huge bird. It flew up high in the sky and was about to attack us.

 

"Let's go!" He clutched my hand and anxiously dragged me away.  We ran. And the bird drew nearer and nearer... like a gunshot.

"Yixing!!!!"

 

I shouted with all my might. And unknowingly, a blue aura shield had surrounded us which stopped everything—except us— from moving. I felt a strong, electrifying energy flowing through my body and I witnessed my eyes being slowly covered with a blinding light. The sand, where we're standing at, slowly us down. I heard him shout, yet my body's energy is draining that it's kind of distorted. And I felt myself weakening more and more until I lost my consciousness.

 


Author's note: Been absent for so long! Now I'm back with a short update ♪ ♫