First Encounter

Inter Vita et Mortem

"Namjoo! Namjoo!"

 

 

 

"Wake up."

 

I was awakened by the sudden echo of an unfamiliar voice which brought me back, from a dream of Baekhyun's face waking me up, to reality. Gradually, I opened the lids of my eyes. My vision's blurry but it finally became clearer after I squinted my eyes for seconds.

Beside me is a guy who's hair is black. His eyes look drowsy. He's wearing white sleeves and...his face is quite near from mine.

 

"You can't stay here and sleep forever." He muttered, carrying a serious expression on his face. Kind of, scary.

 

"Where am I?" I rolled my eyes around the vicinity. And it's really divergent from how the Earth looks.

 

The immense sky was painted red orange. Apparently there's no day, afternoon, dawn and night. Huge birds fly freely above and for every flap of their wings, the dust goes with the wind led unto their direction. There are no trees, except the huge bald tree in front of us surrounded by tons of fireflies around it. One peculiar thing about it is its branches curved into swirls, molded into traces of parabolas with a long, straight branch at the center.

 

"Tell me where I am." I stood up and he did too. I turned my head around.  There are no signs of life. It's like an isolated land from nowhere.

"Tell me where I am!" I asked him once again. This time, in a loud way. Along with the tears of fear that seeped down my cheeks.

"You." He created a gap between his words as he looked at me with his drowsy looking eyes. "Are in a temporary sanctuary called Inter vita et mortem."

"What?" I muttered. My mind is confused and there's not a thing I understand about this situation. "Inter...what?"

"You're in a dimension where temporarily dead human's spirits are thrown. All you have to do is to come with me and wait patiently for the decision of the master of life and death. It's up to him, whether he'll bring you back to life...or not."

"T-that's not true! Bring me back to my world, right now!" I whimpered and fell on my knees. I'm hoping I'm just drowned in surrealism. I'm hoping that sooner or later, someone will wake me up and tell me I was having a nightmare.

"I'm sorry. But that's impossible. That's not my task. My task, is to pick you up from this dangerous place and bring you to the castle."

"No! I won't go with you! My family and Baekhyun need me!" I took a tight grip on the hemline of his shirt. Tears continuously fell from my eyes. I want to wake up from this nightmare. Please.

 

"Then I'm sorry if I have to do this."

 

He laid his index finger on my forehead and I saw glitters of light around his left arm. And gradually, I felt myself being wrapped around the arms of sleep. And my eyes, automatically shut as I lost my consciousness.

 

 

Author's Note:

First update. Kind of short but expect longer updates sooner or later. It's really hard to write two different stories at the same time T^T