The Past (10)

Looking back

"Oh little Missy is here. Didn't know my hairstyle is a fashion trend now," Suzy who was leaning against the wall, said in a sarcastic tone. She was curling the end of her half French fishtail braid fancy ponytail with her index finger a little too confidently like she was a prima donna.

There Sulli was, having the same hairstyle as her. Because of their height and figure, she could tell that they would look almost the same from behind. The only difference between them was Sulli had her fringe covering her forehead while Suzy swapped all her hair up, showing off her full forehead. Sulli mentally punched herself for choosing the elaborated hairstyle today. It just made things uglier that they already were even though it was not her fault.

"Er, so why did you want to meet up? I don't understand some of the things that you have stated on the letter," Sulli finally gathered herself and voiced out her confusion.

"Why? You still have the face to ask me why? The nerve of you! It's so obvious that you approached me in the first place to gain popularity and fame. You stole my place and stood out in the lime light!" Suzy spat her reply fast and furious like a bullet train.

"Why would you think so? I never intended to do that. I just wanted to make new friends and I never wanted to be the queen bee. I apologise if I have done that unintentionally but I still don't get the some parts that you mentioned in the letter like about how I spoiled your image," Sulli tried to answer casually to cover her nervousness. She was never a professional in handling situation like this. "By the way how would you know what I wrote in the letter to Seohyun? Did you steal it by any chance?" she asked as the question popped out in her head.

"Don't you know that the best way to hide a misdeed is not to commit it? Obviously you don't. You always lower the others so that you can raise yourself up. You told Seohyun that we laughed at others who are plain and unpopular but you skipped the part about you laughing together with us!"Suzy's tone was raising in a dangerous way. 

"What? I said I regretted to think of myself so highly and looked down at the the so-called 'low-class' people," Sulli defeated herself. 

" That's not the case from what I read in the letter. You also said we are bimbos and named us es. How could you?" Suzy continued to lash out at Sulli.

"I was just telling Seohyun how frustrated I was over my friendship that did not last long. Over the isolation, loneliness and insecurity that I experienced after you girls broke it off with me! You will never know how it feels! If I don't spill it out to someone, I will get depression soon enough! But I have never stained your names in public nor telling my new friends that! I swear I have never regarded you all with those nasty names! Are you sure you read the letter written by me? Anyway, I feel that our conversation isn't going anywhere but I'll get going," Sulli let her feelings out because she could not hold it back anymore. She was frustrated of being accused but she was tired of arguing with Suzy. Her feet took her towards the stairs but Suzy stood at the second tread of the stairs, blocked her way from going down and grabbed her arms forcefully. Sulli was struggling to get out of the uphill battle. 

"You are lying! Even though the letter was torn into pieces when Nana passed it to me I am sure you wrote it! No way you can go away before you give me an explanation!" both of them were splashed by water and soaked from head to toe at that very moment when Suzy finished her sentence.

"OH MY GOSH! I AM ALL SOAKED! Is this another dirty trick that you are doing? You ungracious bish!" Suzy's beautiful face was distorted with fury. She she was stamping her feet on the ground and throwing her hand towards Sull's face as much as she could. Perhaps she had forgotten she was standing on a slippery tread. Instead of slapping Sulli, her dramtic actions caused her to lose her footing and she fell headfirst down the remaining of the stairs with a piercing screech, disrupting the few seconds of peace Sulli had. Sulli's eyes widened in shock as she realised Suzy was lying still at the end of the stairs. Her legs were like jelly and her hands were shaking.

"Suzy! Oh my goodness what happened?" A familiar voice said before Sulli could take action.

It was Nana. She suddenly appeared out of nowhere. She kneeled beside Suzy and shook her body but there was no response. "It must be you who pushed her down the stairs! You don't only own a mouth that spread spiteful rumours but you also have a heart as malicious as snakes and scorpions!" she threw Sulli a dirty look. Before Sulli could deny, the scene was crowded with students and a few teachers. 

An ambulance was called and Suzy was sent to the hospital because she seemed to have suffer a head injury and she would not wake up even after her wound was treated in the infirmary.

"Follow me to my office," Mr Doo, the disciplinary teacher said to Sulli sternly. "You have a lot of explanations to do,"he continued.

Sulli's mind was in a mess. She was worried for Suzy. Her body was shivering out of coldness but nobody bothered to give her a hand. She mindlessly followed Mr. Doo like a puppet.

 

Author's note: Sorry it took me so long to update. Sorry again for the short and not really interesting chapter :(