Day Before the Birthday Party

I'm Now His Slave??!! (Editing in Process)

Chapter 29

Key's POV

I watched them from outside, afar. They were laughing and playing with each other. No one else was in the store with them ... Did JinKi reserve this place just for them? All of a sudden JinKi pulled MinYoung into another hug and I saw him whisper something in her ears, causing her to blush which I didn't like at all ... *There's no real meaning behind it Kibum.* My heart said, but my mind was saying another thing. I couldn't stand to watch them anymore so I ran away.

MinYoung's POV

"Where is everyone?" I asked as we walked into the pastry shop.

"I closed the shop down and gave the employees the day off so we could work on the cake." JinKi told me.

"You did? But you didn't have to ..."

JinKi gave me his prince charming smile and winked. "Don't worry about it. Anyway, tell me. What kind of flavor do you want the cake to be?"

"Um ... I want to make a strawberry shortcake for Kibum. But I don't know how to."

We walked into the kitchen. "Strawberry shortcake? That's easy. Wait here while I get the ingredients."

I watched as he got two square pans and filled it with a bag of flour, salt, and baking soda. Then he went into the refrigerator to get the eggs and a carton of milk. Then he grabbed some other stuffs including strawberries and placed them all on the counter. After he went into a room and brought out two apron. One had a ducky and one had a flower. I picked the flower while JinKi got the ducky. I laughed at the sight.

"Yah, why are you laughing?"

"Because ... You look so ... funny!!" I tried to say in between my laughter. "You're so yellow!"

JinKi smiled. "Wanna hear something? Come closer." When I did he shaked his head and then I heard this duck noise. I blinked and stared at him.

"Was that you?"

JinKi did it again and sure enough it was him. I stared at him ... then broke out into another laughter. I was laughing so hard I had to grab the counter for support.

"Y-you ... sound exactly like a duck! Haha, wow! You must have been a duck in your past life." I laughed again.

"Haha, who knows. But stop laughing, or I'll feel bad."

"haha, okay, okay." I cleared my throat. "What do we need to do?"

"Okay, to make strawberry shortcake, we have to blend the flour, salt and baking soda together."

JinKi did a measurement of all three and then we sifted it into a small bowl. Then I boiled the milk and butter together and after it was boiling I turned off the heat and added in vanilla and lemon extract. Then I beated the eggs and sugar in small bowl, and after awhile I added in the milk/butter liquid and mixed it. Afterward I added in the flour mix and mixed it again. I placed it two separate pans and placed them in the oven to bake. While that was going on, JinKi showed me how to make our own whip cream. It was amazing what you could make with everyday ingredients in your kitchen. JinKi looked so skilled and amazing making the whip cream. After the cake was ready, we washed and sliced the strawberries and placed it on one layer, then covered it with the second layer.

"Voila, and here is the strawberry shortcake." JinKi said as he placed the pre-frosted cake on a display stand.

I smiled and started jumping up and down in happiness. "Oh my gosh! I can't believe I made my first cake!! It's all thanks to you JinKi. I don't know what I'd ever do without you."

JinKi gave me a soft smile and hugged me. "And I don't know what I'd ever do without you either."

I somewhat felt my cheeks turn red at that ... but I didn't feel the way I use to before. I'm starting to think of JinKi more like a brother now.

"You'd probably be all bored and everything. Anyway, so how do I frost the cake?"

JinKi released me and then grabbed out some more stuff. There were these bags and spreadable frosting in a box. "You can use this to decorate the cake yourself."

"You won't help me?"

"I think ... this is something that you should do yourself. Decorate it with all your heart, alright? Try to show him how you really feel." He said softly, with sad eyes. *Why are you sad?*

"Okay ... Thank you JinKi, a lot."

He nodded and walked out of the kitchen. I went through the box and looked at the different frosting there were. After looking for a while I picked out a purple spreadable frosting jar and then a white, pink and red frosting tube thingie to add the words. I placed the purple frosting all over, evenly. Afterward I grabbed the write tube and added dots along the edge at the top. Then I looked at it. *What should I write?* All of a sudden something hit me.

I love you more than the world, more than the universe, and we'll be together forever and ever.

It was similar to what I would tell my mom, but it was different as well. I felt ... I somehow felt like I've said this to someone before, someone close to me. And I felt the urge to write it down on the cake for Kibum. I grabbed the pink frosting and wrote it down in the top right corner of the cake. I then grabbed the red tube and drew a big teddy bear in the center. In the top right I wrote "Happy Birthday Kibum!!" in pink and then "Love, MinYoung" in red at the bottom. After checking it I smiled in satisfaction, although that quote was really bugging me. *I wonder where I heard that from.* I shrugged and then grabbed the whole stand.

JinKi's POV

"JinKi, I'm done!" Minyoung yelled as she walked out.

I, who was doing his homework, looked up and smiled at her then went over to look at her cake. "It's really cute, especially the teddy bear. Where did you get that quote though?" It was really eye catching and  ... different. It felt like it held a memory.

"I don't know, I just kind of remembered it from a while ago."

I nodded. "Okay, were just going to leave it here. I'm going to come by tomorrow and pick it up in time for Kibum's birthday party. We can place it in the refrigerator until then."

We placed it in the refrigerator and she hugged me. I didn't hesitate to hug her back. "Thank you ... oppa. It meant a lot to me that you helped me."

Instead of beaing happy at that I felt ... sad. I reached out and touched her cheek. "MinYoung ... There's something that I've wanted to tell you-"

Her phone started ringing. "Oh hold on, JinKi." She answered it. "Annyeong? Oh hi Sam!"

"Hey!" Sam greeted. "I'm outside the shop, waiting for you. We're going to go get Kibum a birthday present remember?"

"Oh, that's right!" She hanged up and grabbed her stuff. "I'm sorry JinKi, I have to go."

I wanted to say no and hold her back but I pulled my hand back instead and gave her a fake smile. "Oh ... Okay I see. Well I'll see you tomorrow alright?"

MinYoung gave me her smile that made me feel warm like a million sun, then disappeared out through the door. I sighed and stared down at my hand that touched her cheek. *I was ready to confess ... Please don't choose him over me.*

MinYoung's POV

I ran out of the shop and into Sam's car and then we drove off to the mall.

"Do you know what you're going to get him?" Sam asked as we entered.

I sighed. "No, I really don't. I wonder what could be considered really, really special to him."

"Well ... that's up to you to decide that."

"I guess."

We walked all over. We went into clothing stores, jewelry shops, and other places. But I couldn't find a perfect gift for him. Some, I already knew he has, while others I know he won't like. Until we walked past a store where there was a scrapbook in the display window. For some reason, I felt like this was perfect. But what would he do with a scrapbook ... Wait no ... that's not the question. What would I do with a scrapbook? I felt a big smile growing on my face and I went in to buy it.

"What is Kibum going to do with this?" Sam asked. "I doubt he'll start decorating it and adding pictures."

"He won't." I said.

Sam gave me a confused look. "What do you mean? So that's not for him?"

"It is."

"Okay, I hate it when people talk in riddles. Are you going to tell me what you're going to do with it or not?"

"Nope!" I exclaimed.

Sam sighed. "Fine, fine, so then are you ready?"

I nodded and then Sam dropped me off at home. When I got in I opened up the scrapbook and brought some scissors and markers. Then I grabbed my own album. I took out some pictures and cut out the edges to make it look fancy and glued it in the scrapbook. Then I added caption and some side notes next to the picture. I continued doing this until 1 in the morning. After I was done I looked through the whole thing and smiled.

"I hope you like this gift, Kibum." I whispered.

____________________________________________

Hey!! Sorry this was sooo short!!! But it's just to leave you guys thinking :) ... And I kinda felt lazy to write more to this chapter. Sorry!!! Kamsahamnida for reading this story, my subscribers.!! I hope you guys continue to read this until it's finished!! and don't forget to leave comments, it really helps!!!

<<<<< looks so yumy right? :)

 

 soooo wanna eat this right now!!!