02

Cinderella's Helper

yes, if you see this story now, you know that I will do fast update because this is just a short story so I want to finish it quickly. Thank you


Ah Ra looks in disbelief. Ghost? We are in 21st Century, people! We do have explanation about something called ghost.....right? 

 

But Anne's face shows that she is serious about what she just said. "What do you mean by 'a ghost?'" 

"There is this legend in this country. The first King's ghost will appear if there is someone unsuitable to be member of royal family. Two maids have seen him walking around in North Tower for two nights straight. Baekhyun and me asked them to keep their mouth shut up because I don't want to cause madness. Legend also says that if he appears and the wrongful one doesn't get thrown out from the royal family, the Kingdom will be deceased. And now, as we investigate, the ghost appears every night at the North Tower, and he appears not long after my accession to the throne."  Anne looks so pale and then she sobs. Ah Ra can't believe what she has heard but seeing her best friend suffered like that makes her heart hurt too. 

"So, you mean that this ghost appears because it thinks that you are not suitable? That is not making any senses!"

"Ah Ra! I know you like to read mystery books and sleuth about many things; that's why I called you to come to this country. I am so scared; I can't tell Suho about it. I don't want to make him worried. He has been busy since we first met and I...."  She continues to sob. 

"I understand, Anne. Don't worry! I will diminish that ghost!"  Ah Ra shouts strongly. 

"Ah Ra..."  Anne murmurs as she sees Ah Ra is so determined. 

"I will meet that ghost and put some senses in his floating brain! You are the perfect person to become the Queen! And if he doesn't exist at that North Tower, those maids were probably have wide imaginations! Don't worry, I will take care of it!"

"Ah Ra...thank you!"  Anna yells happily, "now we have to prepare everything to go to North Tower tonight."

"No! You can't come!"

"But, you will be alone! That is dangerous!"

"Who said I will be alone?"  Ah Ra smirks and then turns to Baekhyun, whose face turns into a pale one. "What? Me?"

"Yes, you. You are the Queen's butler. You suppose to guard her with your life."

"But Baekhyun is afraid of ghost,"  Anne simply says. Ah Ra approaches him and grabs his collar. This might be the best time to make this petite man lesson. He always scoffs at me, and now he has to hear my order, "You! Listen carefully! If anything bad happens to the Queen, I am sure the King will not hesitate to kick you out, or he will put you in the jail or worse, put you on death sentence. Now, we need to help the Queen so that those 'anything bad happens to the Queen' will not happen, and your life will be fine in this palace, get it?" She shakes his body as she states those words. Baekhyun looks so scared because Ah Ra looks so intimidating. He quickly nods before Ah Ra releases him. 

"Well, that settles everything."  

"But Ah Ra..."

"That's okay. We used to help each other, right? And now you need my help. Baekhyun!!!" 

"Yes???!!!!!"   Baekhyun immediately stands up properly. Ah Ra smirks. Becoming royal guest is having its own advantage, "prepare everything for our hunting tonight!" 

 

 

As the night comes, both Ah Ra and Baekhyun arrives at the North Tower's entrance. 

Ah Ra gulps. Honestly, I am scared as hell. 

Suddenly there is a devil at her left shoulder, "you should pack your things and go back to Seoul now! You don't even know how to deal with local ghosts and now you want to face foreign ghost? You are stupid! Just go back and leave that dumb butler and this problem!" 

But then an angel shows up at her right shoulder, "you should help Anne, Ah Ra! She is your best friend and she needs your help. Who can help her other than you?" 

Ah Ra thinks a lot and then the angel wins. She has to help Anne. Besides, she has arrived there with Baekhyun. Okay, let's do this.

She grabs her flashlight and Baekhyun follows her intensely; he even grips her shoulders tightly. Step by step they go and there is no one there. There is not any movement from other things beside her and Baekhyun. 

TAK!

"WHOA!!!!!"  Baekhyun screams loudly suddenly and that makes Ah Ra scares all the way. She drops her flashlight and it is broken now. 

They turn to see what the thing that made that noise, only to find out that there is a rat near them. It goes passing them with no guilty feeling. Ah Ra is so pissed with Baekhyun. 

"What the hell? It's just a rat!"

"But I am scared of rat!"

"You scared me, you dumb butler!"

"But I am scared...."  Baekhyun's eyes get wider toward one specifc direction and Ah Ra follows his. There are stepping sounds coming down and there is a siluet of a body, human body, coming towards them. 

 

The ghost is coming. He appears to have dressed like a knight but they know it is the ghost that Anne has talked about. 

 

"THERE! IT IS REAL!!!! WHOOOOOOAAAAAAA!!!!!!"  Both of them scream and then run toward another direction to save themselves, only to realize that their intention is to make sure the ghost accepts Anne as the Queen. 

They nod to each other and go back to the ghost, who is still standing (or floating?) at the same place. Ah Ra gulps and begins to explain. 

"Uh...hello there, king's ghost....or whatever they call you. Listen, this....well, you have misunderstood the situation, Sir. There is no one in this palace is unsuitable to become part of royal family. Yes, Anne is a commoner, but she is beautiful and clever. Plus, your descendant, King Suho, loves her so much. She is the perfect one to become the Queen...."  She stops because she sees carefully. As she explains, the ghost appears to slowly pull out his sword. 

"Uh....you will not kill me, right? I am outsider of this country. I am so mere commoner and I....."  She can't talk more again because the ghost has pulled out its sword. He may be a ghost, but his sword seems real. 

"Ba....Baekhyun...."  She takes a peek and sees Baekhyun is hiding behind her and trembling. "Hey! You suppose to guard me too! That's why I brought you--"

SLASH!!!!

"KYAAAA!!!"  Both of them are screaming as the sword is swung to them. Ah Ra goes to another direction from Baekhyun, but the ghost seems likely to eliminate Ah Ra first. 

"Sir...we can talk this further.....please put your sword down....." She trembles as she sees the ghost is closer to her and getting ready to chop her head down. Baekhyun, on the other side, sees with horror. 

If she dies....no, if anything bad happens to that korean girl.....the Queen will have my head chopped down....yes, I will be put on death sentence for sure.....

"KYAAAAAAAAA!!!"  Ah Ra screams as the ghost swings the sword to really attempt to chop her head, or split her into two parts or more. She closes her eyes, but she hears a hurt moan. 

She opens her eyes and sees something that she has never imagined to be happened. 

 

Baekhyun jumped into the ghost's shoulder and grabs hits his head (even though.....how could he jump into a ghost's shoulder?) with the broken flashlight. "Take this! Take this you first king ghost!"

The ghost tries to get rid of Baekhyun by his hand, but Baekhyun is faster as he grabs its wrist and bites it. The ghost screams in pain and then with one move, he throws Baekhyun so that his back hits the wall. 

"!"  The ghost curses and he goes out from the scene, leaving nearly-unconsious Baekhyun and dumbfounded Ah Ra. 

"Baek! Baekhyun!"  Ah Ra screams and shakes his body. He begins to come back but he is hurt at some points on his body. Ah Ra sighs in relieved. 

"Thank you."  She hugs him and he yelps in pain, "sorry. Come on, I will treat you."  She then helps him to get up as she sees something unusual. 

 

Trails of blood following where the ghost left. 

 

Baekhyun is not bleeding. His bite must made that result.....wait....ghost doesn't bleed. That thing shouldn't bleed.....so that thing....is human?

Ah Ra examines the blood trails as she sees that the blood is everywhere that ghost or ghost-wannabe went. 

This is human's work; there is no other explanations....but why? And who did it? 

 

 

"What? That thing is bogus? That was a human?"

"I will not lie to you."

"Disgusting." 

"Baekhyun helped me a lot too. He got hurt because of it."  Baekhyun is sitting down with plaster in his hand, but other than that, he is fine. 

"Why is someone doing it?"  Anne wonders. 

"I have thought about it and there are two explanations."  She sighs, "one, those who behind it want to attract more tourists into this country by making the legend as true story. Second, with his appearance, it could destroy royal family's dignity." 

"What?"

"As you said earlier, Anne,"  Ah Ra states, "the first king's ghost apperance is believed as the sign of bad omen; the country will be destroyed. People will ask around who are those who are not suitable. The dignity of royal family will fall down; you and the King will fall down, as people will think both of you are rejected by the first king. He has chosen you so people will blame him too. It is not your trouble; it is his trouble too. Who will take the throne if you two are dethroned?"  Anne looks so uncomfortable. 

"Anne, who will take the throne if the King is dethroned?"

"That--"

KNOCK! KNOCK! A maid opens the door, "Your Majesty, I deliver the tea that you ordered--"

"Who told you I ordered the tea? I asked people not to visit me now! It's important!"  Anne yells and the maid gets scared as she says sorry and closes the door. Not long after that, there is this cracking voice near the door. Two girls are opening the door and see the previous maid is fallen down with mouth full of blood. 

"CALL EMERGENCY! BAEKHYUN! BAEKHYUN!"  Anne screams while Ah Ra looks closely. Near her body, there are pieces of cup that has same pattern with the pot at the tray near her. 

Tea.....she drank the tea? She drank the tea that supposed to be for us!! 

 

 

"Heart attack."  The doctor states. Ah Ra looks very shocked, "no, doctor. Check her again, there must be another explanation--"

"Do you doubt my jugdement? I am doctor that has treated royal family for years."  Ah Ra shuts and slowly walks following Anne. 

"That is terrible. She is young..."

"That is not heart attack. She is poisoned."

"What?"  Anne looks shocked now. Ah Ra nods. 

"I have seen this kind of thing in books. That maid shows the symptoms. She is poisoned by the tea that supposed to be for us. That doctor also lies. He doesn't want to tell the truth."

"So...." Anne looks so afraid, "because the ghost thing is destroyed, they planned to poison us?"  

"I think so. Anne, they can do everything so that they could achieve what they want. You must be careful now."  Ah Ra sits down, "well, Anne, you haven't answered my question. If the King and you are dethroned, who would get the benefit?"

Anne looks not so sure for couple of minutes but she gulps and answers, "Kai. He will inherit the throne if Suho and I, no, if Suho is dethroned or anything bad happens to him."  Ah Ra looks surprised. Kai? That man? He could do these things?

"But,"  Anne continues, "he is the only one that agrees on our marriage. He even supports us until now. He....he is the only one...."  Anne sobs again and Ah Ra realizes that there might be something else behind this. Anne looks so sure that Kai will never do something like these. They must be close

Ah Ra approaches Anne, "I don't state that he is the culprit but the fact says that he will get the benefit out of--"  Her eyes get bigger, "I forget, Anne."

"What?"

"In the books, evil people will not stop to do evil things. If this time they are not succeed on killing us, they will continue trying to kill us....which means,....."

"NO FOOD FROM PALACE!!!"  Both of them scream. 

So, after they realize that the poisoning thing can still be continued, Ah Ra walks out from the palace and bought many street food. Damn! If only I ate long enough at the ball! Blame that Kai prince from making me suffer like this!

"What are you bringing, Miss Kwon Ah Ra?"  Ah Ra turns around and sees a familiar blonde haired man is talking to her. 

"Ah! You!" 

He smiles, "please, just call me Grey."  He then stares at the foods that she brings and frowns, "are there not enough foods in palace?"  Her face blushes because she has been caught. Grey just smiles and then takes one of the paper bag, "let me help you. You will go back to palace, right?" 

"Yes."

"I will too."  

"I didn't see you at the ball."  Ah Ra opens the conversation as they slowly walk together toward the palace. 

"I can't come there. My rank is not high enough to enter that kind of ball." He then smiles, "tell me, how long do you plan to stay here?"

"Uh....I am not sure....maybe just before the summer vacation is over."

"NO!"  Grey suddenly shouts, "you should go back tomorrow....no, today. You should pack your things today and go back to Seoul immediately."  Ah Ra stares to him in disbelief. 

"Why?"

"I can't tell whole thing, though. You are just a problem here, actually."  Grey simply states that. Ah Ra looks dumbfounded. 

"Please, take this thing."  Ah Ra gives her paper bag to Grey. Grey confusedly takes the bag and then suddenly a hand slaps his face. 

"What?"

"Are you stupid or a jerk? I will not leave this country without assuring that Anne is safe, do you understand?" 

Grey looks so confused and blank. Ah Ra takes the bags from his hand, "thank you. I don't need your help anymore."  And she leaves him standing there alone. 

"Hey!"  Grey catches her, "what do you mean by 'I will not leave this country without assuring that Anne is safe'?" 

"Let me go!" 

As they are arguing, Grey catches a glimpse that there is a car approaching them. He grabs Ah Ra's waist and brings her into the side of the road to avoid that car. "Watch out!"  

"KYYYYAAAAAA!!!!"  They can avoid it, but that car turns back and Grey realizes that it wants to hit both of them.

"The food!"  Ah Ra screams as she tries to go back to the center of the road. 

"No! Your safety is more important than that thing!"

"No! Food!"  Ah Ra keeps struggling and Grey just catches her wrist and drags her back into the side of the road. The attempt hit and run (probably) is not happened. The driver gives up and leaves the scene. 

Ah Ra and Grey walk slowly to the center of the road. Ah Ra sobs because she has to buy foods again. Grey looks concernedly to her, "are you okay?" 

She must not okay.....they haven't caught my movement....so she must be the target. Damn! One thing rises when others haven't been finished! 

"I am okay."  She then gets up, "I have to buy the replacement. See you later, Grey."

"Wait! That car was just trying to kill you. You must not be okay."

"I am okay. I am safe now....but,"  She looks up to Gray and looks to him suspiciously, "I don't know if you are the friend or enemy. You are confusing."  Grey blinks his eyes and then smiles lightly. "Just don't get in any trouble, okay?"  He waves to say goodbye and is about to walk away, when Ah Ra stops him. 

"What?"

"There is something I need to say."  She gets closer to him. "Thank you for saving my life."  She bows politely and then waves back to Grey, leaving the man dumbfounded. 

After she finishes buying other packs of foods, she knocks the Queen's chamber's door. Baekhyun opens the door and helps her. "Now, you are good to me, aren't you?"

Baekhyun scoffs, "you still owe me since I saved your life." 

"Ah Ra, you're back! Let's eat, shall we? I have asked the servants to send the foods here. Look they have arrived."  Anne shows the magnificent foods lay on the table. Ah Ra opens the packs and begins to eat those street foods along with Anne and Baekhyun. 

"We have to decrease the foods' amount from the table. Otherwise, they will suspect something is wrong with their plan."  Ah Ra states. Anne nods and she and Baekhyun begins to pack the foods and Ah Ra will hide it somewhere. They pack it neatly and Ah Ra sneaks out to go to palace's side garden. Anne told her earlier about that garden. There are many trees there and she can hide the pack easily. 

Ah Ra finally finds a perfect place for hiding it. She will dig the soil near the tree and then bury it there. However, when she is in the process of doing it....

"What are you doing?"  A voice comes from above of her. She looks up and shrieks to see Prince Sehun is on the branch of the tree. The little prince is looking curiously to her, and she grimaces. 

"I just give fertilization to this tree, Your Royal Highness."

"You do? Can food become fertilization for trees?"

"Of course!"  Ah Ra keeps smiling as the prince looks in disbelief, but then he smiles. "Okay! I will follow you! I will take my breakfast pack here!"  He jumps and runs into another tree where he puts his bag near it. He unpacks his breakfast pack (maybe it is prepared for his school, home-school break) and pours the contents into the same hole where Ah Ra did put the foods earlier. 

"I wish there will be candy fruits from this tree!!" Prince Sehun cheers and Ah Ra can only maintain her grimace or you can say, a fake smile. 

"Hey, Sehun, what are you doing?"  Another voice is coming and both of them turn around, only to see Kai approaches them. Ah Ra curses herself. When she wants to hide, why do these people find her easily? 

"Kai!"

"You must be happy to have a new friend here."

"Of course....and Kai, I and Ah Ra just gave the trees--" OH NO! 

Ah Ra quickly covers this little devil's mouth with her hand and smiles to Kai, "Prince Sehun, now let's play in my room, okay? I will teach you how to wear hanbok."  

"I can help too,"  Kai offers himself to help. Ah Ra quickly shakes her head, "No! We will play alone!!! Bye!"  Ah Ra lifts Prince Sehun's body to leave the scene, making Kai giggles. He then feels there is something different from the soil and he digs it. He is suprised to find out that there are some foods buried there. 

"Ah Ra! Are we really playing in your room?"  At the road, Prince Sehun is cheerfully asking Ah Ra, who is busy escaping from adults. She can't risk to have the little secret being exposed by this young prince. 

"Yes, now shut up!"

"I am so happy! You do like me! I will go to Seoul when I am as old as you now to ask you to marry me!"  Prince Sehun says happily. Ah Ra ignores it and keeps carrying the prince until a voice stops her. 

"Miss Kwon?"  Ah Ra turns around because, well, she basically can't run when a person calls her. Furthermore, the voice doesn't belong to Kai. She is safe from that prince. 

"Lieutenant Chanyeol!" 

"Nice to meet you....and you too, Your Royal Highness Prince Sehun,"  he politely greets them, "maybe if you have time now--"

"NO! AH RA IS WITH ME NOW! YOU CAN'T TAKE HER! YOU NEED TO QUEUE!"  Prince Sehun yells and then grips Ah Ra's hand (Ah Ra has put him down). Lieutenant Chanyeol then smiles, "Alright. I lose now. You have been with her, Prince Sehun,"  and then he turns to Ah Ra, "maybe next time, Miss Kwon. I hope we can spend time together , just two of us." 

Ah Ra blushes so hard after she hears those words. Does it mean Lieutenant Chanyeol is asking me on a date? 

"CHANYEOL!!! WHERE ARE YOU??"  

"Oh, Princess Lise is coming. I have to go. See you later!"  Lieutenant Chanyeol goes away and just seconds after that, Princess Lise is entering the scene. She looks so angry to Ah Ra, and Ah Ra stares her back. Prince Sehun is at the middle of them and sees his sister and his (lover *in his mind*? friend?) with confused look. 

"SEHUN!"  Princess Lise yells, "you are escaping again, right? Your Russian teacher is angry to you!"

"She is always complaining about you, Lise. I can't hold it! She said that you had never improved your Russian language!"  Prince Sehun accuses back, "you must be so stupid!" 

"What? What did you just say?"

"You are stupid!"

"You! You are still peeing in your pants!" 

"Why? A kid like me is still okay to pee in pants!"  Ah Ra sees the opportunity to leave the scene and she does leave. She then goes with nowhere to go and thinks, I have to be careful here. This country looks so peaceful....but there is something horrible inside it. 

 

 

"The maid is dead."  Grey sighs. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. They concluded that the cause of death is because of heart attack."

"How did that happen?"  asks another guy. 

"She collasped after she drank the tea for the Queen and royal guest." 

"Tea."  Grey simply states. 

"What is it, Grey?"

"They might have poisoned the tea." 

"So, what are we gonna do then?"

"We have to gather quickly."  Grey says, "but we have to aware about our surroundings. We have to make sure they don't know our plan." 

"Yes, Grey." 

On the same night but different room, Ah Ra states that she wants to sneak up to Kai's room. 

"That is dangerous!"  Anne shouts. "I will not let you go there! And you are still suspecting Kai, aren't you?"

"I just want to make sure, Anne. If he really is behind all of this, at least we can know his next move." 

"But Kai is not--"

"I know you believe that he is not the culprit, but we never know unless we check, okay?"  Anne slowly nods, and so Ah Ra goes to sneak into Kai's bedroom, which requires her to climb over a big tree. 

Luckily, she likes to clime trees (some of her friends call her 'monkey' because of her likeness) so she has no serious trouble. After arriving at his room's balcony (of course she knows the place after asking Anne and threatening Baekhyun) she jumps into the balcony. She takes a peek, only to see Queen Mother is inside the room. 

What? I am wrong? Baekhyun! I will kill you!!

"What? You still can't get rid of those little girls?"  Ah Ra stops moving as she hears the Queen Mother's words, "you are the leader of Royal Guard, General D.O! How could you not immediately kill those two girls?" 

Ah Ra moves back to her previous place in order to eavesdrop. She hears obidiently to the conversation. "I am sorry, Your Majesty," that must be General D.O's voice, "they are somehow clever. They know my tricks."

The Queen Mother sighs, "the ghost story that you made had been interrupted by that Korean girl. The poison you used killed unimportant person rather than both of them, and your men's attempt to kill the Korean girl wasn't successful either. How could those happen?"

"I am so sorry, Your Majesty. I will work harder to fulfill your wish." 

"If Kai was more enthusiastic to take the throne....I don't know why he doesn't even have any desire to become the king."  She stops for seconds, "General D.O, we have to get rid of that Korean girl, and then the Queen, and lastly the King. I give you another chance to make it right, understand?"  

Ah Ra gasps but she closes . She can't believe it! She used to think that the Queen Mother is evil, but not until this stage. She even wants to kill King Suho?

When she still covers , footsteps are coming near her. She can't move because it is too risky to be seen by Queen Mother and General D.O, so she secretly prays that the one who comes doesn't see her. 

Turns out, Kai is the one who is coming. He definitely sees Ah Ra. However, he doesn't expose her position. With little gesture, he commands Ah Ra to get out from the balcony. Ah Ra obidiently follows his order and climbs the tree as Kai gets into the room. The Queen Mother and Genera D.O look so shocked. 

"Kai....you--"

"I have heard everything, Mom."

Queen Mother gulps, "I have done those things for you, honey, I--"

"If you do all of those things just to make me as the King, you just have to get rid of the King instead of the Queen and that Korean girl, right?"  Kai simply states. Queen Mother's eyes are gleaming after she hears her son's words. "Kai....you...."

"The Throne. It is tempting, isn't it?"  Kai smiles to her, "we can bribe his men, and then we let him live, of course, but he can't come back to EXO Kingdom. By then, the throne will be mine, right?" 

 

 

I can't talk to Anne about this. The King has to know too. They also try to kill him!

"Ah Ra! Ah Ra!"  Anne's voice is waking her up. She yawns as Anne is jumping around happil, "What is it?"

"Suho will come home today!"  She shouts happily. "The matter is finished quickly! They say he will arrive at home this evening!"  Anne jumps around again; she even drags Baekhyun (who comes in with her) to dance with her. Ah Ra just stands there as she thinks that this time might be the best time for her to talk to King Suho about the evil plan. The King can do something, right? 

As she is happily to hear the news and decides to leave Anne (because she is too hyper), she walks around the palace and sees Kai is daydreaming at the porch. She wants to call him but after seeing his serious face, she decides not to call her, only to break the vase near her when she turns around. 

"Who?"  Kai asks quickly and he sees Ah Ra tries to collect the vase's pieces. He approaches her and takes her hand, "you don't have to do this; I will call maid."

"That's alright. I am the one who broke this vase." 

"Ah Ra..."  His tone is serious. Ah Ra can see his face is serious. "Yes?"

"Keep Anne safe, please."  He pleads with those stares that Ah Ra can identify as longing stare, as if.....he loves Anne. Ah Ra gulps and nods. He then releases her and smiles like his usual self. "Thank you."  Ah Ra just bows and gets out from his sight as fast as possible. 

Could he....could he.....love Anne? Anne is beautiful and clever. She is graceful, too....no wonder he likes her too....wait....why my heart is aching this bad? 

"Miss Kwon?"  A familiar voice is heard and Ah Ra knows who he is, "Lieutenant Chanyeol. I'm so glad to see you again."

"I think you are alone this time."  He smiles, "so, I think we can go on our date today."  And so they do. Lieutenant Chanyeol takes her to tour around the palace and shows her the beauty of that kingdom. But Ah Ra's heart is still aching so hard. She can't even get any sincere feeling from Lieutenant Chanyeol, and she feels bad for it. She should be nice to his feelings, because clearly he shows that he is attracted to her. 

"Sir!"  Grey suddenly is there and interrupting their date. "General D.O wants to meet you, Sir!" 

Lieutenant Chanyeol sighs, "I guess we have to separate first, Miss Kwon."  Ah Ra simply nods and Lieutenant Chanyeol leaves her. However, he sees Grey closely, "Who are you?"

"My name is Grey, Sir! I just entered at this year's autumn, Sir!"  Lieutenant Chanyeol still looks to him because he feels suspicious to Grey, but then he leaves. 

"Well, well,"  Grey begins the conversation with Ah Ra, "I don't know that you are also setting your eyes to that man. I thought you wanted Prince Kai only, to get his wealth."

"THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!"  Ah Ra yells angrily, but Grey smiles. "I hope that lieutenant is dimissed from the Royal Guard."

"Why? Are you jealous?"

"Of course I am jealous, and that is because of you, Kwon Ah Ra."  Ah Ra looks so shocked and then she blushes. "I have no time for your bull, Grey!"

"Hey! I really like you, Kwon Ah Ra!"  He chases her while shouting the confession once again, only to see Ah Ra is crying slowly. "Just forget it, Grey....I don't know what I feel now....you and Lieutenant Chanyeol suddenly confess and....Kai...."  Grey stands there without any words. He then pats her shoulder, "I am serious with what I said, but I hope you will be okay no matter what you think." 

Ah Ra slowly nods as he turns her for facing him, "don't worry; everything is gonna be fine. Trust me."  Ah Ra looks to him as he states that word, until he says goodbye. 

What is that? Why do I feel Grey is like somebody else? Those eyes, though......

 

 

"Miss Ah Ra!"  Baekhyun calls her. "What?"

"Her Majesty The Queen is asking you. Apparently she wants to play tarot cards reading with you and Prince Sehun."  Ah Ra knows well that Anne is good at reading tarot cards. She and Baekhyun go to her chamber where she and Prince Sehun is waiting for them. 

"Come on, I will read your cards." 

"Okay."  Ah Ra slowly takes the cards and gives them to Anne. 

"Well, the card says that you will have.....a hard life, full of pressure one. And this card says the cause. It says that it happens because your environment is changed."  Anne looks so sad, "I am sorry. I make your life har, Ah Ra."

"It's okay. It's just a game,"  Ah Ra smiles as she takes other cards. 

"This one says that you will have big trouble and bad path in your life."

"Wow, it sounds so bad!"  Prince Sehun states, but he smiles so big. 

Anne takes the card again, "the card says that you have to face it with all your strength to compete the challenge."  She then takes last card that Ah Ra gives to her, "and you...LOVERS! YOU WILL FIND YOUR LOVE!" 

"What?"  Ah Ra and Prince Sehun asks in disbelief. Ah Ra then thinks, only to find three faces in her mind. 

"It must be me, right? Right, Ah Ra? You will marry me, right?"  Prince Sehun asks happily. When he is going to celebrate the future (?) with Baekhyun, Anne whispers to Ah Ra, "I think he will be Kai. I know it from the beginning; he is attracted to you, Ah Ra!"  Ah Ra just stares to her as she remembers the incident before with Kai. Kai sounded so caring to Anne, as if he loves Anne more than loving a sister-in-law. Anne must be hallucinating to think that Kai is attracted to her!

Like I am hallucinating too....

"Well, let me read you then, Anne."  Anne nods. 

"The card says you have a nice and happy marriage, Anne."  Anne blushes so hard. 

"Don't blush too much; we all know you have a happy marriage."  Ah Ra then reads the last card. But her face suddenly becomes pale and she closes the card. "What is it?"  Anne asks impatiently. 

"No, it's nothing. It is not important."

"But I have to know!"

"Anne, please--"

KNOCK! KNOCK! "Your Majesty!"  Baekhyun goes to open the door fast and it is revealed that the royal butler is the one who calles Anne. "What is it?"

"Ma'am....this is terrible. The plane that His Majesty The King is in it....is lost.....we suddenly lost the contact when the plane was confirmed to across the Pacific Ocean....there is an indicator....that the plan is fallen down."  

Anne looks so pale and Ah Ra gulps. Suddenly, Anne loses her consiousness and passed out. Ah Ra, Baekhyun, and Prince Sehun scream her name. 

"ANNE!!" 

And their movement reveals the card: it is a death card. 

 


thank you for reading!

@Panda_Derp: actually, I just make the story based on the comic, so the plot's greatness goes to the manga's author, hehe....but I have made some changes, but just little ones.....thank you!

@rajashreenyk: in this chapter, the ghost's explanation is stated. I hope you like the story because I really like this manga since I was a kid! and yes there are many things going fishy in the palace. and the story's greatness goes to the author of the manga, hehe

 

thank you all of you!!!!

 

XOXO