The New Kids

We are one family! (Oneshot collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ages: Minseok and Luhan: 11 
Yixing: 10
Baekhyun, Jongdae and Chanyeol: 9
Kyungsoo: 8
Tao: 7
Kai and Sehun: 5


The New Kids


Joonmyun was in the kitchen cooking. He had to cook a lot of food, when they were 10 people in the house. 8 of these people were growing boys who all ate like they starved. Yifan also ate a lot, and he wasn't even growing. He always said that it was because he needed the energy to work, and then play with the kids. 

Joonmyun smiled when he saw Tao and Kyungsoo play outside. Kyungsoo was trying to teach Tao how to make a flowercrown. Kyungsoo had always been the most calm one of their sons. 

Minseok was playing soccer in the other end of the garden. He was alone. Sometimes he played with Yixing, but Yixing didn't really like soccer. 
Minseok kicked the ball into the goal, and raised his hands like he just won some big match. Then he looked over at Kyungsoo and Tao, like he wanted some kind of aproving gesture. When he didn't get any, his face fell. The two of them were too absorbed in their flowercrowns to pay attention to him. 

It hurt Joonmyun to see the expression on Minseok's face. 

Maybe they should get Minseok a brother around his own age. Joonmyun thought about it. There were two rooms in the house that was free. He should talk with Yifan about it. 

~*~

"Just five minutes more," Jongin beggedwith his puppy eyes. Tao was beside him, showing the same face. It was the puppy-look that they always used when they wanted something. It was the third time they used it today. They had already asked the same question three times.

"You also said that 10 minutes ago," Joonmyun said, not allowing them to stay up any longer. 

"But we're not tired," Tao asured him while stifling a yawn. Jongin did the same thing. They always did that. That was the reason why their sleep time was at 7:45 PM, then they would be in bed at 8:00 PM. The two of them would be too tired, if they didn't get their sleep.

"Why don't the hyungs have to sleep?" Jongin asked, trying to find a reason they shouldn't have to go to sleep. 

"Because they're older than you." Joonmyun then took one of their hands each, and took them to the bathroom. Now was the time for them to go to bed.

"Now brush your teeth," Joonmyun ordered giving them their toothbrushes.

None of the denied to brush, but Tao mumbled something about Kyungsoo only being one year older than him, and Jongin something about how unfair Joonmyun was being.

When Joonmyun finally had them in their beds - which were in different rooms - they were fast asleep. With a smile Joonmyun turned the light off, and went downstairs where the nine year olds were watching something. 

~*~

Once all the kids were asleep, Yifan and Joonmyun had time to be alone. 

They were seated on the couch in the livingroom. Yifan was in one end, while Joonmyun was lying with his head in Yifan's lap. Yifan was looking at the television, while playing with the youngers hair. 

There was a comfortable silence in the room, the only noises being these from the television. Joonmyun was the first one to say something. 

"I think Minseok's lonely," he said and moved his head a bit to look at yifan. The man didn't seem to understand. 

"How can he be lonely? He has 7 brothers," Yifan said. He was frowning. When he frowned it was because he didn't understand something. That was something Joonmyun had learned over the last 14 years. How to read Yifan was actully pretty easy. His bodylanguage was as obvious as it could be. If he was happy Joonmyun knew, if something bothered him at work Joonmyun knew, if he lied Joonmyun knew. Joonmyun knew everything about Yifan. No matter what. 

"I know he does," Joonmyun said, "But Yixing doesn't play with him. Dae, Baek and Yeol always play together. You know how Kyungsoo is, and Tao and Jongin think he's too old for them to play with most of the time."

The hand moving in Joonmyun's hair stopped, as Yifan realized that he was right. When he thought about it he knew what Joonmyun meant. Minseok was always playing by himself. None of them knew if Minseok had any friends at school either. He never talked about any. It was always just him by himself. 

"What do you want us to do then?" Even though Yifan had an idea about it, he wanted Joonmyun to say it. 

"Well.. You know we have some free rooms," Joonmyun begun. He was always unsure about these things. "We could adopt another child," the continution was very unsure and sounded like a shy whisper. In matters like adoption Yifan was the one who had the last word. It was Yifan's house and he also made most of the money. 

Yifan looked at Joonmyun and pulled him up, so he was sitting instead of laying down. They looked at eachother and for once, Joonmyun couldn't read Yifan. His face was unreadable. Yifan had said once that he didn't want more kids, but Minseok was lonely and Yifan would do anything to make his boys happy. Both the kids and Joonmyun. 

They looked at eachother, none of them saying anything. The minutes went by, until Yifan talked. 

"It'll be hard to adopt an 11 year old," Yifan said, looking into Joonmyun's eyes. 

"I know," Joonmyun whispered and avoided Yifan's eyes. 

"It'll be hard to make him trust us, or make him call us dad," Yifan continued. 

"I know," Joonmyun whispered once again. He had thought about it all day. He had tried to imagine how it would be, and there was no doubt that he wanted it. 

When Joonmyun didn't look at him, Yifan sighed. He took Joonmyun's face in his hands and kissed him. They looked into eachother's eyes and Yifan smiled. 

"If you're sure you want to take the challenge, then let's go to the opranhage tomorrow." 

Joonmyun smiled happily and atacked Yifan's lips again. The oldest of the to chuckled and kissed the youngest back. 

~*~

The sun was shining when Joonmyun and Yifan was on the way to the opranhage. They had just driven the kids to school and kindergarden. None of the kids knew anything about the, getting a new brother. Joonmyun and Yifan had decided to tell them tonight. They would go find out which child to adopt today, and probably take the child home tommorrow. 

"Are you nervous?" Yifan asked when he stopped the car. He himself was nervous. This was the first time they were going to adopt a child this old. The oldest one they had adopted was Baekhyun and he had been three. 

"It's going to be fine," Joonmyun said to calm both of them down. But what if it wouldn't be fine? What if the child wouldn't like any of them? Sitting the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter