Infinite

Catching stars


"Jihyunnie miss Baekkie." You sobbed onto Luhan's shirt as you let out what you felt. Luhan caressed your hair and smiled wistfully.He could only nod to your request's and slowly he would soothe you.Baekhyun and Mr.Byun had become busy these past weeks and you were alone , Luhan took care of you while Baekhyun sneaked off with Luna.

 

He had been much happier and perhaps changed again , for the better.After his dates , he would thank and bid Luhan a goodbye or at times , he would give money to his friend because he was too happy and lastly he would spend time with you.

 

You would usually complaint that he was late , and his time spending with you were too little.You would even say that you missed the old him , even if he would torture you but that would mean he spent his time with you.But since Baekhyun changed for the better , he would pat you and smile to you , sometimes even cuddle with you on his bed and he would tell his dates , how Luna was nice , How Luna was pretty , How Luna was smart.

 

How you wanted to become normal like Luna , maybe Baekhyun would like you too.

 

On the contrary after talking about Luna , He would ask what you did with Luhan throughout the day and he could apologize because he left you alone.He always laughs when You and Luhan did something ridiculous , Luhan's common sense seems to vanish when he's with you. How cute.

 

There was once this time where you and Luhan would try to bake a cake but it never finish because it ends up you and Luhan powdered together or the frosting got all over you.Baekhyun would laugh. After telling how your day was spent he would cuddle with you until you feel asleep , You would lay your head onto his broad and well-defined chest and snuggle more onto him earning a chuckle because you were too cute to resist.

 

"Jihyunnie. Arent you ever curious about your parents ?" He asked suddenly getting curious.

 

"What parents ? Jihyunnie's parents left Jihyunnie when they know Jihyunnie become stupid." You mumbled sadly.Baekhyun became guilty , he swallowed the lump on his  neck and curved a smile as he pats you.

 

"Im sorry." He apologized as he caressed your hair.

 

"Gwenchana Baekkie." You smiled.

 

After those talks , He would sing you a song with his melodious voice he thought he never had or read stories to you or play games with you right until you fall asleep or before that tickles you to sleep.Slowly he got off , he tucked you in comfortably and smiled looking at your serene face.

 

Baekhyun was happy and so were you , but deep down you werent.


 

"Oh , You're not going anywhere today Baekkie ?" Mr.Byun said , looking onto the mirror as he fixed his tie.Baekhyun looked at him as he shook his head.

 

"I promised Jihyun that I would spend time with her." Baekhyun smiled.

 

Mr.Byuns smile dropped. "I'll go now for the test results." He said sullenly as he slowly closed the door.Mr.Byun choked on his tears as he lifted his heavy foot to the hospital.

 

"Jihyunnie ~" Baekhyun called out.


 

"Yah ! Yah That's cheating !!" Luhan pouted as he crossed his arms childishly.He was acting.

 

Baekhyun laughed with you as you two teamed up againts Luhan.Luhan threw his tantrum by hitting the pillow cutely as he muttered incohorent words.Baekhyun smiled as he turned his face to you , He never knew you were this pretty.So pure and innocent.

 

"Loser gets to dance the chicken dance !! Dont forget about that !!" Baekhyun held his laughted as he imagined Luhan dancing the chicken dance.Baekhyun knew it was the chicken dance that always make you laugh , so he purposely told Luhan to dance.

 

"Aniyoo !!" Luhan pleaded as he clasped his hands , giving the puppy eye. You laughed , in your 16 years of life , you never truly felt happiness.Living 10 years in the mental institute was depressing but thanks to Mr.Byun , You felt happy again.

 

"Ah ! I better get my camera !" Baekhyun rushed up to his room , rumagging his closet to find his camera.

 

Luhan smiled sadly to you , atleast these 3 months had been awesome for you.Luhan swallowed the lump in his heart and choked his tears as he saw your happy face.Luhan came over you and hugged you tightly , You became a part of him now.

 

Footsteps were heard and Luhan let go of you then began his acting.

 

"Aniyo !!" Luhan pleaded again.

 

'Snap ! Snap !' Baekhyun took a picture of you three.He couldnt remember when he had such a good time.

 

"Want to bake a cake ?" Baekhyun asked Luhan and You. You and Luhan looked at each other mischiveously and smiled.Baekhyun looked at the two of you innocently.

 

"What ?" He asked.

 

It was the best day ever in your sad life. The best.

 


 

 Cough. Cough. 

 

Baekhyun patted you gently but from the look of his face.He was panicked , allarmed. Blood again.

 

"Whats wrond Jihyunnie ?!" He asked , half-ly shouting . He was worried , really worried.Luhan ran over to the toilet where he saw Baekhyun holding you gently while you were coughing blood out , looking all pale and weak.

 

Luhan's silent tears dropped. Its time.

 

Baekhyun shook you gently asking whats wrong . But you couldnt anwser. It hurts so much , inside and out. Your head was aching like crazy and you didnt know why , You could only cried.

 

Deep inside your conscience , it was there the anwser was there but you were too hopeful that you would still be able too. 

 

To see Baekhyun laugh , 

 

To see Baekhyun smile , 

 

Wanting Baekhyun to tickle you to sleep ,

 

Wanting Baekhyun to pat your head like he would always ,

 

Wanting Baekhyun to read you stories ,

 

Wanting Baekhyun to be with you forever , Its funny.

 

You clutched your shirt on the chest area , It hurts so much. Many thoughts came to your not so smart brain. Funny , again.

 

Why couldnt you be normal like Luna ?

 

Why couldnt you be happy ?

 

Why couldnt Baekhyun ever see that you love him...... Funny , It hurts doesnt it ?

 

Blood.

 


 

"Jihyunnie !! Jihyunnie !! Dont go please dont !! Please dont !! Jebal !!" Baekhyun shouted the top of his lungs as he ran next to your bed along with the doctors.

 

Time passed. 60 seconds passed.

 

"Jihyunniee !!!!" He shouted as he cried so hard , like he never cried before. His heart was aching.Million of thoughts flooded his mind , in that One month , Where he got so close to you and realise you werent like others. His mind went to the time where he cuddled with you and shared stories , where he would scare you at times , where he would , the person he would share his happiness and sadness.

 

"Dont go ! Dont goo !!" His voice cracked as his tears rolled on his cheeks.

 

ICU.

 

"Sorry but you cant enter." The doctor held him , But Baekhyun tried to force himself in.He tried to enter , he tried to put up a fight just to be there for you.He wasnt sure of what he was feeling.

 

"Jihyun ! Jihyun !!" He cried out.

 

"What if she 'ng dies !? She needs me , She cant go ! We have to finish our cake together ! We need to !! I promised we would ! Please !! I beg you !! Let me in ! I need to support her !! Im here Baekkie !! PLEASE !!" Baekhyun begged.

 

You could hear him.And you smiled sadly. You knew your fate.

 

"Baekhyun's here ! Baekhyun's here !!" He shouted , his voice strained and cracked as he raised his hands to show he was there.He is there.

 

Luhan and Mr.Byun looked at him sadly.They knew , A month before Baekhyun did.They were prepared for this.There was much joy but it had to end.

 

Life is cruel.

 

Slowly , You closed your eyes.The nurses entered one by one , fast , everything seemed to go fast.But the beepings were slow. I hope we meet again.

 

Memories were made , Happy ones and Sad ones.But the only memory that played in you head was , 

 

'This is a nice drawing.Cute.' Baekhyun smiled.

 

'Reawlly ?' You asked as your eyes twinkles.

 

'Reawlly !' Baekhuyn imitated you and You giggled.

 

'Its EXO star !! Its the place where only Baekkie and Jihyunnie lives together !! Infinitely !!' You fistpumped.

 

"Jihyunn !! Jihyun-ah !! Please , dont go ! I love you !! Dont go please !! Im sorry."

 

And you closed your eyes.Smilling.

 


 

 

Baekhyun slowly opened the front door , he was depressed.He couldnt , no. His father left him alone since it hurts alot and Baekhyun needed time.

 

Baekhyun absent-mindedly entered your room.It looked dark and gloomy , Baekhyun looked at your bed which was made up , Hello Kitty was smilling , So did Hunny Bunny , Baekhyun smiled at them as he remembered you hugging those two.You were so happy.

 

Baekhuyn took a seat on your desk chair , he opened the drawer and noticed a pink book.He took it and read it.His tears rolled down his cheeks , It was a picture of him and her , holding hands and smilling.Though it was like a childs drawing but it mananges to clench his heart.

 

"You like stars huh." He smiled as he cried harder.

 


 

"In memories of Kim Jihyun." Baekhyun took a seat next to your grave.Not a day he would forget to look at your photo  , The day they spent time together nor he woudl fail to visit your grave.

 

"Even If I didnt spend much time with you but I know your favourite flowers." Baekhyun said as he puts the flower onto your grave.

 

"Im sorry. I was so dumb , I was so stupid." Baekhyun said.He carried on talking to you normally , telling how his day was , How Luna is his friend now. It hurts so much but he's slowly moving on.

 

Baekhyun realises that you looked like his mother but you werent.Maybe the aura , Baekhyun thought.

 

"I promise we'll meet again .... tommorow , the next day , the day after , weeks , months , years , decades , forever...." Baekhyun kissed your grave.

 


 

Somewhere , A petite cute girl bobbed her head , smilling innocently as her eyes twinkled.

 

"Baekkie ?"

 


Author's note :

I cried.Drop your comments if you want a sequel. Who's that girl ?! O.O