Agenda 5

The Single Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joonmyun’s POV

“I’m sorry I’m late!” Minjung shouted once she barged in this place called ‘Meeting Room’.

The people inside it were just looking at us with blank expressions while a man in his 30s was presenting something in front. The man was familiar. I thought where I first saw him and then I realized that he is the vice president in this company.

“Well isn’t this your first time to be late Ms. Ahn.” Mr. Vice President smirked and crossed his arms.

“I apologized; someone useless forgot that I have a meeting this morning.”

Even if she wasn’t looking at me, I already felt that she was pertaining to Kim Joonmyun.

Minjung quickly took a seat at the end of the table where CEOs usually sits. For a secretary like me, I have to stand beside her and just listen to the presenter like everyone is doing in this room.

“As I was saying…” Mr. Vice president faked a cough before he continued. “There’ll be a convention at Tokyo Japan. Keun Company and many more were invited to come along the convention. It’ll be 3 days only. For the first day we have a tour guide to tour us around Tokyo, the second day is where we’ll be attending the convention and the last day is a day off to all employees.”

“Does the executive officers are the only ones who are able to join the tour?” Someone asked but I didn’t know who she was.

“Well it depends on the CEO’s decisions.” Mr. Vice President eyed on Minjung. “What’ll it be Ms. Ahn? We can only bring 15 people.”

I gazed at Minjung. She was blankly staring at him. She was thinking and there was a few moments of silence lingered in the air.

“I’ll say… We can only bring 5 officers then plus you and me which makes 7 already…” Minjung glanced at me for a second. “I’ll add up my secretary… we’re now 8. The other 7 will be your choice Mr. Choi. Choose freely from the company’s employees.”

I-I’m included? I’m going to Japan. Wait! M-my dad might not agree with this company tour or whatnot and how about Yongsun? I can’t leave him at home for three whole days.

“When is this convention anyway?” Minjung asked.

“It’ll be on Tuesday Ms. Ahn.”

Tuesday?! It’s two days away! Why the—why do they have to inform us in a short period of time of preparation?

“I see… I’ll be anticipating on it. Mr. Choi you’re in charge of the other 7 employees. I’m counting on you.” Minjung slowly stood up and was ready to say her goodbyes. “I’m going now. I still have a meeting. Please print out some important matters for this event. Mr. Choi please hand me the hard copy of your presentation this afternoon.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

I looked at her schedule and she was right she still have another meeting with a visitor.

“Continue discussing. I’ll be leaving.” She proclaimed and began to exit. I respectfully bowed to everyone before following her from behind.

“Japan?! What are you thinking woman?” I shouted. I was forcing myself not to reveal my anger inside the meeting room.

“It’s not my idea. Ask the one who arrange this event.”

“Do you know that this is my first time leaving my son behind?!”

“So?” She asked, uninterested.

“So?! Is that all you’re going to say? How can you be so calm? Aren’t you worried about your son as well? You’re going off without him?”

Minjung stopped from walking and faced me. “Look, Jimin is already used to these company tours. He has school so I have no choice but to leave him behind. My son understands my work so I bet yours will too.”

“But… I can’t leave him.”

“I don’t care. It’s our problem, solve it yourself.” Minjung was about to turn around again until I grabbed her arm and faced me for the second time.

“It’s not easy. I’m worried about my son—“

“Doesn’t your son have a maid? Why won’t you entrust your maid to look out for your son while you’re gone?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter