Agenda 4

The Single Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjung’s POV

“Umma!”

Once I entered the house haggardly, Jimin surprised me with a hug and afterwards he showed me his injured arm from before. It was slowly healing, but I was worried that it would become a scar soon enough.

I hugged Jimin back when I knelt in front of him. How I missed hugging him like this. Mostly I don’t have time to be with him. He usually gets in school at 7 while I also need to go to work at the same time. I often can’t get a chance bringing him to school or fetching him after dismissal due to my tight schedules.

I broke the hug and he gave me a big smile. “Umma isn’t late today.”

“I finished work early today so I can see you awake.” I grinned and pinched his cheeks. “Have you eaten dinner?”

Jimin nodded. “How about Umma?”

“I have already eaten dinner at office. Do you want me to help you out on your homework?”

He nodded once again. Jimin grabbed my hand and began to drag me to his room.

Even if I was still wearing my business clothes, I didn’t mind changing at this rate because it might decrease my time with my son.

“How was school?” I asked while he was busy getting things at his bag. I sat at his bed and scanned his room.

It’s been a while since I’ve been here.

“It’s good mom!” He handed me his notebooks. When he answered me, I can see how sincere his face is. I wonder what happened to him.

“You looked like you had a great day. What happened?” I opened one of his notebooks. I wasn’t looking at him, but I was ready to listen.

“I made friends!”

I shot up my head and gazed at him, shocked. “Really?” A smile formed in my lips.

“Mm, they’re really nice.”

“How many?”

“Three!” He showed 3 fingers.

“Wow! I’m so happy for you! I really wanted you to get a friend at school. Can you tell me their names?”

Jimin twisted his lips and looked at the ceiling to think. “As far as I remember.. it’s Daeho, Insu and…” He placed a hand on his chin before looking at me with a bright smile. “Yongsun!”

“Well isn’t that g—“ I stopped talking for a while and thought. The names that Jimin told me kept repeating on my mind.

Daeho, Insu and Yongsun. I tried to remember where I heard the name ‘Yongsun’. It was too familiar that I made me think hard.

‘Some teachers said that Yongsun had pushed Jimin over the playground due to some misunderstanding’ Those were the counselor’s words when I had met her after Jimin got an accident.

“Don’t tell me… That Yongsun is the one who bullied you two days ago?”

Jimin lowered his head. “Y-yes.”

My eyes furrowed and grabbed his shoulders. “Why? Why did you befriend him? He’s bad! Did you know what he did to you?”

“He apologized.”

“W-what? He did?” I was still not convinced.

Jimin nodded and gazed straight through my eyes. “He felt bad when he saw my bandage on my arm so he apologized and promised that he won’t do it again that’s why he wants me to become his friend.”

I sighed and gave him a weak smile. “He did?” I asked again, just making sure.

“Umma!” He whined. “How many times do you have to ask? Everything I said is true!” He pouted cutely.

“Ok, I believe you now.” I pinched his chubby cheeks, but a thought stopped me to pinch his cheek further more. “Your guidance counselor said that they’ll separate the both of you.”

“How?” Jimin was astonished.

“One of you will transfer classrooms.”

His mouth turned to a shape of an ‘o’. “Ohh… my teacher said that to me, but after we showed to them that we’re no longer having fights… I think they won’t do that anymore umma.”

I blinked twice then a big smile was plastered on my face. “I’m really glad that you made friends, but I’m still warning you that not to trust Yongsun that much. I still haven’t talk to that child on why he pushed you back then. Still, be careful when you’re still around him, okay?”

“Yes umma!”

After a long talk with my son we decided to answer his homework next. Mostly Jimin was the one who answered his assignments. I was just watching him and answer some of his questions when he doesn’t understand on a certain problem.

 

***

 

Exactly 7

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter