Agenda 1

The Single Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MinJung’s POV

“Michelle.” I paused on doing my paper works when I called my secretary’s attention.

Michelle was standing somewhere not too far away from me. She was checking on my schedules as always. She looked at me with eyebrows raised and quickly she went nearer my desk.

“What is it Ms. Ahn?” She asked politely.

“Do I have any schedules after this?” I pointed to my paper works.

Michelle scanned on the files that she was holding. “Your schedule ends at 4PM today ma’am.”

I sighed in relief and a determined smile formed in my lips. Today’s schedule wasn’t really that tight unlike the past few days. I’m thankful that I already finished some businesses with some appointments I had last time.

“Thank you. After this I’m going to fetch my son.” I informed her.

“Yes ma’am.”

It was 3:30PM. I still have half an hour to finish my work before I can surprise my son at school. I already called my son’s maid that I’ll be the one to fetch him after his class. As much as I’m a busy woman I cared about my son more than anything else.

Being a single parent is not easy as you think. I have to be a mother and a father at the same time to my child at all times. I tried to avoid any conversation with him that involves his father and basically I’ll do anything that will make him happy. If my family wasn’t this rich maybe both of us won’t have a proper shelter or we have already died in hunger.

I’m currently the CEO of Keun Company. My father entrusted me to rule the company when I was 20. At first, I didn’t want to rule the company. First, because I thought I was too young second, I thought I lacked leadership and third, I was afraid to fail my father.

Although those three reasons kept bothering me in handling the company, there was someone who inspired me a lot to do all of this and in this day onwards I still haven’t forgotten him.

My eyes were drowsy after I finished my last paper work. I blinked several times and even slap my face lightly just to keep myself lively and awake.

I gazed at my secretary and she was still busy with the files she was holding.

“Michelle you can go home now.” I ordered while I was fixing my paper works.

Michelle immediately stood up from her seat then bowed 90 degrees. “Thank you for today ma’am.” She said formally.

I slightly bowed back then signaled her that she was officially dismissed. I followed my eyes on her until she finally got out of my office.

I sighed for the second time when I realized that I was alone again in this quiet office of mine.

I glanced on my watch. I still have 10 more minutes before Jimin dismisses from his class.

Tired, I turned off all the appliances in my office before I exited in it. I went to the elevator then pressed the button for the ground floor. I patiently waited for the elevator to arrive to the certain floor.

When the elevator’s door finally opened employees began to greet and bow to me. I just nodded my head as a sign that I appreciate their hard work for the day.

As I reached the company’s parking lot I quickly start off my car’s engine and drove to my son’s school. When I arrived at my destination, I parked my car at the school’s parking lot then headed towards the school gates.

I searched for Jimin at the parents’ waiting area and finally spotted him sitting alone on a bench. He was staring at his own hands while his legs swaying at different directions.

“Jimin.” I called him. Jimin wandered his head around as he heard someone called his name.

I softly giggled then decided to get near him. “Did you wait too long?”

“Umma!” He beamed then gave me a tight hug. “What are you doing here umma? I thought Ajumma will be the one to fetch me.”

“Umma’s job just finished early so I decided to pick you up today.” I smiled at him. I picked up his backpack while he gets off of the bench.

I held his hand then approached him again. “Want to go somewhere? Like, I’ll treat you some snacks at a fast food chain?” I suggested. He just nodded his head enthusiastically.

I drove Jimin to his favorite fast food chain and bought him the food he wants. We sat at an empty table then I just watch him eat happily. I didn’t bother to eat snack at this time, I wasn’t hungry anyways. Jimin told a lot of stories from school like when he got a perfect score in his Math quiz and how he successfully draw neatly in art class.

Jimin might have high IQ and grades, but I was worryin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter