Goodnight

Room For Two

That bastard how dare he-

"Kyungsoo!" 

I looked in the direction that I heart my name. My friends Luhan and Tao sat at our usual table in the loud cafeteria. Students where buzzing about with gossip and stories about their summers. The sight was a familiar one. Just another normal school year ahead I thought as I made my way between tables filled with students. Some were eating dinner, others just talking amongst themselves.

"Hyungs!' I greet my two best friends when I finally managed to make it to the table. 

"Kyungie!" Luhan jumped up and engulfed me in a bear hug, "I missed you! How was your summer? Mine was awesome!! Wanna hear about it??" he looked up at me with sparkling eyes.

"In a minute, Lulu, let me greet the rest of our friends" I smiled at him.

Luhan. Age: 17, a year older than me. Academic Rank: #2 He's an interesting ball of fun most of the time. Make him mad and he won't talk to you for a week. Stubborn little deer I thought to myself, smiling.

"Kyungsoo," I heard from behind me.

"Tao! Hows my favorite panda?" I smiled, pulling him into a friendly hug.

"I'm your only panda," he replied shyly, pulling away.

"Very true, very true."

Tao. Age: 17. Academic Rank: #3. Quiet and carful, but can be very vocal when he wants to. Resembles a panda bear, so much that that I've grown accustom to calling him one at times.

I smiled to the rest of our friends. Luhan, Tao and I were very close, which is obvious because we've know each other since 1st year. The rest of our friends we met along the way.

Since then, Suho, Lay, Taemin, Onew and Xuimin have joined us. We have reputation at this school, like every other group here. Yes we get called the 'Nerds' and sometimes the 'Goody-Two-Shoes', but people also respect us. It's what we all have in common, and that's why we're all friends. I wouldn't call myself popular, but there is something to be said for being ranked first in your entire class.

I left the table briefly to go and get some food, which is why I'm here in the first place. For the first day back to school, they always prepare something special for dinner. Tonight's menu: sushi.

Walking back to the table, I sat between Luhan and Tao, who already had gotten their food earlier. 

I was just about to start eating when Luhan interrupted me.

"Kyungie! I forgot to ask, who are you rooming with? Tao and I are sharing a room this!" he let out a small squeal to express his excitment with the matter, "I bet you got one of our friends! Suho, right? Hey Suh-" 

"I'm not rooming with Suho, Lulu," I replied softly, trying holding my discomfort on the subject, "I somehow managed to end up with-"

*CRASH* *BANG*

The door slammed shut.

Silence.

No one spoke, no one moved.

The squeak of their shoes echoed through the ghostly hall.

Kai.

"Him," I whispered, nodding to the dog at the head of the pack. Luhan's eyes widened at least 10x their normal size.

Kai scanned the room before his eyes landed on a student at a nearby table. His pack of jerks followed him over to the scrawny male student of choice.

He stopped right in front of him.

And with the whole student body watching, he grabbed the boy by his shirt and threw him to the ground. A loud *SCREECH* from the body sliding on the floor filled the room. Kai's followers did the same with the rest of the students at the table.

Kai's clan doesn't have a designated table like the other groups here, because they get to choose whichever table they wish to sit at, every.single.day.

"EAT!" one of them yelled, signaling their 'presentation' to be over. The room buzzed back to life, almost as if nothing happened. Just another day at SM High.

"YOU HAVE TO ROOM WITH KAI?!?!" Luhan yelled.

"SHH!!" I hissed at him, covering his mouth with my hand. Luckily only our table had heard his outburst.

Seven pairs of eyes where glued on me.

"Seriously?" Xiumin whispered, his eyes growing almost as much as Luhan's.

"Oh Kyungsoo, I'm so sorry!" Taemin whimpered.

"Is that even possible? Everyone, and I mean everyone, knows how much you two hate each other," Suho said, his voice growing angry.

"Did you go to the principal?" Tao asked.

"Yeah, I'm just going to have to deal with it. You guys know the rules about room arrangements," I replied, unable to keep the sadness from creeping into my voice.

We made small talk for the rest of the meal. No one spoke of my roommate, or of the topic for that matter. 

After dinner we decided to have some fun and everyone wanted to take my mind off the day's events, so we all agreed to watch a movie in Luhan's room.

"Hyung!" I said, as I walked into my best friend's room, " Your parents let you bring a tv??"

"Yep! It was an early birthday gift, what should we watch?" he babbled happily, excited to show off his new toy.

Everyone ending up picking some comedy that I had never heard of before. And before we knew it, we were rolling on the ground with laughter, tears coming out of eyes.

"Lulu," Tao wheezed from laughing so hard, "play that part again!" 

Luhan managed between giggles to grab the remote and rewinded the movie back a couple of seconds. We erupted in a fit of laughter once again.

We laughed and laughed until the movie was over and it was time to head to our separate rooms.

Oh joy.

As we were leaving, Suho patted me on the back, "Good luck...you're going to need it."

"Thanks Suho," I smiled faintly.

was going to need it.

I walked back to my new room, and when I got there, I almost jumped with joy.

Kai wasn't there.

Yet.

Quickly, I grabbed some sweatpants and an old t-shirt from my wardrobe, escaping to the bathroom. I had just finished changing when....

*BANG* *CRASH*

I signed, opening the door to face him, "Yah! Why are so noisy!?"

"I am not noisy!" he yelled back, as he shuffled towards his wardrobe.

I took a deep breath to calm myself and grabbed my toothbrush. So this is how its going to be.

I began to brush my teeth...

*CLONK* *CLONK* *CLONK*......every step of his made a racket.

"Get out, I need to change," he said bluntly, now right outside the open bathroom door.

I spit into the sink.

"Excuse me?!"

"I said get out."

"I am brushing my teeth, can't you see? Change in the bedroom!"

"No!"

"Why not?!"

"Because anyone could just walk in and see me changing, fish-face!"

"The door is locked, Kai !"

He signed, and before I knew what had happening, he grabbed me and shoved me out of the bathroom.

*SLAM* ,the door closed in my face, toothbrush still in hand.

Well that's just great. I sighed internally.

I walked over to the left side of the room, my side. Yes. That bastard made me switch beds with him. I had to unpack all my belongings and repack them, just because Kai wanted the bed by the window. Him and his conditions.

I was about to go bang on the door to reclaim my spot in the bathroom, but the door flung open before my hand hit the wood.

I yelped at the sight. Kai had striped down to almost nothing, only his boxers remained.

"I thought you said you were changing!" I yelled in shock.

"I was, fish-face," he replied calmly, as if nothing was out of the ordinary.

"Changing means putting on different clothes, you just took off the ones you were wearing in the first place!" I growled angrily.

"You got a problem with that, shorty?"

"Hey don't call me that! And don't call me fish-face either!"

He brushed past me without replying, only to jump of his bed, making the mattress squeak. I winced at the noise.

He noticed my discomfort with the noise and started to bounce more. The mattress continued to squeak.

I shot him a death glare.

Amused with his game, he got up and started jumping on his bed.

"Stop being so noisy!" I yelled, not able to hold my anger anymore.

"Nahh...this is to much fun, you should try it, shorty!" he grinned at me.

Grumbling to myself, I walked into the now-empty bathroom.

I cannot believe this guy! Ugh! I'm usually not this rude to people....

Reluctantly, I finished brushing my teeth. The squeaking stopped.

Thank go-

Rock music started blasting through the door, almost blowing my eardrums out.

AISH this guy!!

Opening the door, I stomped out into the room and hit the 'stop' button on the portable stereo.

"HEY!" he yelled at me. He walked over, glaring at me and pressed the 'play' button.

The music resumed, ringing through my head this time. 

I glared right back and turned it off, again.

He shoved me out of the way and turned it back on, fire shooting from his eyes.

I tried to reach past him, but he was too tall, and I was too short.

I kicked at his knees and he lost balance for just a second. I slammed the 'stop' button once again.

He was about to shove me again, his hands grabbed my t-shirt violently-

*knock* *knock* "Hey! No music after 9 o'clock!" someone yelled from the other side of the door, probably a teacher.

We froze.

Just realizing we were only inches apart, he let go of my shirt and shoved me. I slammed into the wall behind me and head made contact with the stereo.

"Aish!" I rubbed the back of my head, it throbbed with pain,"aren't you going to apologize?!"

He didn't reply and just mumbled something about the 'stupid rules' at this school, before walking back to his bed.

Whatever, dog.

Not knowing how much more of his idiocy I could take, I decied to just go to sleep. I switched off the light next to my bed after crawling under the clean sheets.

I closed my eyes and tried to forget about the day. Tomorrow will be better, it will have to be. I'm not going to let Kai rui-

"Yo, Kris! What up, bro?"....."nah man, I'm not going to sleep yet! Its only 9:30! Only losers go to bed this early!"....

You have got to be kidding me.

"Hell ya man, she was H.O.T! She was totally into me to!"....."of course I got her number!"...."Yeah I'm going to call her right now..."

This is not happening. This is not happening. This is not happening. This is not happening......

"Hey baby! How's it going?"...."Yeah girl, I just coun't stop thinking about you".....

AISHH!!!

I took one of my pillows and slammed it over my head, trying to block out the noise.

"Nah, not in my room, my roommate is like some sort of neat freak...he'd probably explode or something if we messed around in here..."

THIS DOG!! AISH!

 

 

Needless to say, I did not get much sleep that night.

 


A/N:

Hi Everone! :) 

I just realized that I didn't put an author's note on the first chapter...oops :D

Anyway, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUBSCRIBED!!! Omigosh you guys are amazing! *hugs everyone*

And thank you SOOO much for the comments too! ^^ you guys didn't like the cliffhanger, hehe! I think some of you have dirty minds XD

I haven't decided if this fic is going to be rated M at some point or not...hmmm...depends on where the story goes! ^^

I hope you enjoyed this second chapter! (I had fun writing it!)

See you in the next update!

-Sara :)