Mistakes

Room For Two

Kyungsoo POV

"Yah! Get out of my room!" I yelled. He stood there with a suitcase in each hand. Dropping each one to the floor with a loud *crash* that echoed down the school hallway, he crossed his arms and cocked an eyebrow.

"You have got to be kidding me," he scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"You can't be serious," I shot back.

"No!"

"Absolutely not!"

"This is NOT happening!"

We shot daggers through our eyes at eachother.

"We are not-" he started.

 

"Roomates." I finished for him, not even bothering to hold back the absolute disgust in my voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
*Tick tock* *Tick tock* *Tick-
 
"This absolutely ridiculous," Kai sneered, " they're not going to change it."
 
"You don't know that," I uttered back, " it doesn't hurt to try-"
 
"Doesn't hurt to TRY?" he turned towards me from his seat across the room. We refused to sit anywhere near each other. The main office was quiet otherwise, the clock following a timely beat. "That's not the problem, Kyungsoo. The problem is that I even have to waste my precious minutes on something that shouldn't even have happened in the first place," he growled.
 
Pft...precious mintues? What a player. He probaly was planning on hanging all over one of is various girlfriends' for his afternoon activity, I thought.
 
Kai....The school jerk. Here at SM High, he was known for his rudeness and his infamous record with girls. He's slept with at least half of the population of girls here and just so happens to even have jerk-face friends that follow him everywhere he goes. I'm suprised they aren't here right now fanning him with palm frawns.
 
The room was almost silent again. *Tick tock* *Tick tock* *Tick tock* *Tick tock* .....
 
"Kai and Kyungsoo?" the secretary called. We happened to stand up at the same time. He glared at me as he pushed past into the principal's office. Jerk, I scoffed internally.
 
I followed him into the small room through the wooden door in the corner of the office. Behind a dark wood desk sat our principal, Mrs. Kim. Her hands were clasped tightly on her desk. She started emotionless at Kai and smiled warmly in my direction.
 
Did I ever mention how much the staff here liked me? And how much they hated Kai? Yep, impossible, I know.
 
Practically the whole school knew how much we hated each other as well.
 
'What seems to be the problem?" she asked kindly, turning towards me.
 
"Well, it seems-" I started to say.
 
"I got put in the same room as him. THAT'S the problem." the boy at my right interrupted me, annoyance practically dripping from his voice.
 
Mrs. Kim physically recoiled at Kai's rude outburst. Her eyes hardened just a bit...
 
"Mrs. Kim, " I started again, using my polite voice that all the adults adore, "there must have been a mistake. At the end of last school year, we sent in our requests for whom we should wish to room with for 11th year. We put down our 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th choices." I paused to calm myself before saying as kindly as I could manage, " We did not request each other."
 
She softened. " Kyungsoo, I acknowledge your discomfort and confusion with this situation. But, unfortunately, if I recall correctly," she paused to pull out a few papers from a file, our room assignments, " your first two requests, Tao and Luhan are roomed together and your fourth, Suho is also already roomed with someone else. I'm afraid that goes for you to Kai, Kris and Sehun are rooming together as well. I'm sorry boys, but you know the rules, we don't change the arrangement unless its a major concern."
 
"MAJOR CONCERN? You wouldn't call this a major concern?!" Kai growled.
 
As much as I didn't want to even touch him, I laid a hand on his shoulder, as if to hold him back. I gripped tightly before replying calmly, "We understand Mrs. Kim. Thank you for your time." I bowed once before dragging the dog out with me, my hand still firmly on his shoulder.
 
"Hey! This is not fair! This is a MAJOR issue-" He yelped as I pulled him towards the door, "let go of me, you-"
 
I spun glared at him when the door shut behind us. He shut up right away.
 
"Next time, I talk." whispered coldly. He stared at me, our faces were practically inches apart. I spun again, releasing my grip on him, and walking out of the main office.
 
"Yah! Kyungsoo! Don't you ever-" he yelled after me. I never heard what he actually said, I was already making my way back to our room.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I unlocked the door and entered the room I would call home for the next 9 months. The two beds took up most of the room, each one accompanied by a small desk and nightstand. Sunlight streamed through the one window on the opposite wall and a door on the wall to my right led to the bathroom. The room was plain except for the one blue wall that the headboards of the beds touched. 
 
I made my way over to the bed closest to the window. I pulled my suitcases onto the sheet-less mattress. ping them, I started to unpack my belongings. 
 
I fell into a rhythm of organizing. My neatly folded clothes were placed carefully in the wardrobe and my books orderly on my desk. I pulled out clean, white sheets and made the bed slowly, folding, laying and tucking the pieces of fabric with care, just like my mother taught me. I placed a picture frame with my parents and I on the nightstand. 
 
I was so concentrated on what I was doing, that I almost forgot about the afternoon's events.
 
Almost.
 
*Click*......*Crash* *Bang*
 
Like I said, almost.
 
"Yah! Why do you get the bed by the window?!" the mutt yammered. 
 
Another *Bang* concluded the closing of our bedroom door. I winced at the thought.
 
I spun to face him. Of course, he took no notice of my death glare and proceeded to drag both of his suitcases onto the bed next to mine. He ed each one and I just about fainted from the sight.
 
Clothes. Wrinkled and dirty all pilled into the bag. A pungent smell came wafting my direction and I had to hold my nose to keep from gaging.
 
He snickered me, and proceeded to take out all the clothes and dump them all over the floor.
 
"Yah!!" I yelled at him angrily , " get your stinky closes off my floor!"
 
"Your floor, huh? More like our floor, roomie!" he snickered back. He picked the clothes up and started to throw them all over the room.
 
"HEY!" I yelled as an article of clothing landed on the edge of my wardrobe and another on my desk. " I SAID-" I started, but another piece of clothing came flying and landed right, smack dab on my head. 
 
I just about saw my lunch again as I swatted it angerlly off, the smell worse than I could have ever imagined. He stopped throwing clothes and started laughing hysterically.
 
"Oh.my.god!" he wheezed, now doubled over in laughter, "that, was so FUNNY!"
 
I'm done. I can't take this anymore. Its been 2 minutes and I already want to stab him in the eye.
 
"Look here, Kai!" I growled, "If you just absolutely have to have your filth present in this room, keep in on your side! Or I swear-"
 
"Calm yourself, fish-face, I'll pick them up...on one condition." He smilled evilly.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~