1

Breathe

After Maru had kissed Lu Han, they had gone their separate ways for the day. Her lips still burned long after; she could still feel the way his lips guided hers. His lips were so pink and soft. As they brushed against , she could feel all sense dissolve. She scrunched her eyes for a moment. She stood in the middle of the pavement, treading home carefully.

She just couldn’t shake him out of her head. Lu Han seemed to linger everywhere around her. She thought she could even smell him on her.

Her eyes sparked open. She could smell him on her.

That meant others could.

Without wasting another moment she ran home, finding grip on the snow somehow. She lived where an Omega would live. She was separated from the rest of the pack. A cluster of werewolves lived in a central area that was close to the Alpha’s home, which he shared with his second in command. Maru lived on her own, at the very edge of their colony.

She knew of no parents or relatives. She knew nothing about herself, apart from her name and age. When the pack had found her, she was barely a month old. No one seemed to know where she came from. She didn’t even know what day she was born on, just the year.

As soon as her home was in sight, she rummaged through her pockets, hooking a finger onto her key ring. Opening the front door, she dropped everything from her hands in the door way, spinning round swiftly to slam the door shut. She twisted in an extra lock and hooked up a chain as if it would help.

Maru sprinted up the stairs and jumped into the shower, scrubbing herself with extra shower gel to rid herself of Lu Han, replacing him with the scent of berries and cinnamon.

Once she was done, she had spent twenty minutes in the shower. She sighed softly, sitting down on the edge of her bed, wrapped in a towel. She dried her hair the best she could before her hands fell in front of her out of tiredness. She was so tired. The day was taking a toll on her and all she wanted to do was forget about everything.

Sleep might help, she thought to herself.

Maru shuddered, a breeze hitting the skin of her exposed back. Chills ran across her shoulders and down her wet arms.

“You should close your window; you’ll catch a cold.”

Maru almost screamed. She stifled her noises with her hand. She was on her feet, facing the intruder. She would have sighed in relief but wondered that maybe having Lu Han here was worse.

“How did you get it in?” Maru asked, her eyes still wide with surprise. She shivered unconsciously as another gust of wind blew in through the window.

“The back door,” Lu Han replied. Instead of waiting to be invited in her room, he waltzed over to the window and shut it, locking it in place. Maru cursed herself. All the rushing about made her forget about the second entrance to her house.

Lu Han and Maru stood on opposite sides of the bed, not speaking for a few seconds. They just looked at each other. Maru flushed brightly, her face changing to a baby pink as Lu Han’s eyes danced over her, lingering at several points.

Maru swallowed down her nervousness, “What are you doing here?”

Lu Han’s lips pursed slightly. His Adam’s apple bobbed and he turned his head to the side, away from her.

“Do you think you could maybe wear something other than a towel?” Lu Han asked, ignoring her own question. Maru wasn’t sure if it was even possible to feel even hotter, and embarrassed than before.

Her fingers clutched to the top of her towel, hugging it close and tightly. If it so fell down, she would die of humiliation.

“Er…well…I…I was,” She fumbled with her words before closing her eyes in a long blink. Lu Han looked at the state she was in. Red in the face, hair partially dry and dripping at the ends, with only a piece of fabric to conceal her modesty. She was a mess. Why on Earth was he finding this beyond attractive?

“I was going to,” Maru finally managed to say, “but then you…broke in.”

Her face slightly frowned at that thought.

“The back door was unlocked,” Lu Han stated casually, “I didn’t break anything.”

Maru squired uncomfortably in her spot. She wanted him to leave her in peace. Then she could get dressed into something warm. But she had no idea how to tell him; she couldn’t demand him so easily like that.

“Do you have something to say?” Lu Han asked, watching the way her fingers fiddled and the muscles in her face contract and relax.

Maru shook her head rapidly to indicate negative. He raised an eyebrow and mentally scoffed.

“You won’t mind me getting comfortable then, would you?” Lu Han taunted subtly, already lying down on the bed with his arms bent behind his head. Maru was left lost for words, scratching the side of her head as if it would spark something in her brain and make her say something useful.

“Er…L-Lu Han…” Maru managed to say.  The breath in Lu Han’s throat was caught by the sound of his name roll of her tongue. It made his stomach twist uncomfortably, but then again, it was a good sensation.

He remained stoic, not revealing anything to her.

“Yes?”

“I…I need to change,” She squeaked in a small voice.

Lu Han didn’t reply instantly. His eyes bore into hers before he stood up from the bed. He walked towards the door and looked back for a second, “You better be downstairs in ten.”

Maru let out a deep breath as soon as he was out of sight. She skipped to the door and closed it, sliding a lock. It wouldn’t keep Lu Han out but it was a matter of principle. Leaning her back against the door, she groaned, thinking what a waste that shower was.


Hi, thank you soooo much to those who subscribed! I cannot thank you enough for taking an interest in Breathe

I hope you like this chapter

x