Prologue

Breathe

Maru walked close to the walls of the school corridors. If she wasn't careful, someone would knock her shoulders, make her lose her balance and she'd tumble to the ground head first. She'd become even more of a laughing stock amongst the students who knew her ranking. Lunch used to be spent alone. However she had recently made a friend, Lina. 

Lina knew nothing of werewolves, which meant she knew nothing of Maru's worthlessness. A part of her wondered if it was the right choice making friends with Lina. Her new friend had gained the attention of Sehun, the packs future alpha. To make matters worse, Sehun was always accompanied by his beta, Lu Han. She would be in the presence of two very powerful people and she didn't know how to react. She barely could comprehend that they were in her presence, let alone talking to her at times. Well, Lu Han wouldn't exactly say much and Sehun's eyes were for Lina.

Maru finally pushed through to the school's canteen, grabbing herself a sandwich. Her eyes surveyed the lunch hall. There would be a constant fear that one day she would look and Lina wouldn't be at their table, waiting for her. But there she was. Maru's stomach dropped. 

Lina wasn't alone of course. She was sat beside Sehun. Unfortunately for Maru, the only available seat was by Lu Han. 

Her inards twisted, contemplating the idea of just bailing and eating somewhere else.

No, she wouldn't. Maru breathed in once and out and made her way over.

Timidly, she sat down beside Lu Han. As soon as she sat, she stood up again like a rocket like she was being burned. Lina looked at her in alarm.

“Are you alright, Maru?” She asked with concern. Maru chuckled nervously, looking strangely only ahead of her, “I’m fine. I just remembered that I haven’t completed my History homework. I’ll just eat in the library. See you later!”

She was gone before Lina could fit in another word let alone a farewell.

“That was weird,” She mumbled, “I don’t remember being set History homework.”

“Of course you wouldn’t,” Sehun scoffed, “You’re always thinking of me.”

Lina turned to throw a glare in his direction, “I do not. You’re the one who keeps touching me!”

“As if you don’t like it!” Sehun retorted quickly placing a piece of chicken in Lina’s mouth when she opened it to try and talk. She chewed grumpily and turned away from him, noticing that Lu Han was gone as well.

 

Maru rushed towards the library, placing her sandwich box in her bag. She wasn’t hungry anymore after that. She knew what that sensation meant. Even though she had never experienced it before, she had heard stories from her surrogate mother and the others. It would happen at any moment, regardless of where or who or how long you may have known a person.

But that feeling spreads. It happened so fast that Maru wished it would happen again. A euphoric sensation journeying across her body in waves. In her head it had look like golden fireflies fluttering in wisps and curls.

“How could this happen?” She mumbled as she lost herself between the rows of bookshelves.

“Why him? It’ll never be accepted,” she worried, burying her face in her palms. She felt a tap on her shoulder, startling her almost.

Lu Han stood before her, causing her to back away into the large book shelf. Before she was able to make a sound or run away again, his lips came down crushingly on hers.

There was this new found confidence in her that made her tug down on his collar desperately as his arms hug tightly around her waist, almost lifting her off the ground. The kiss was fierce and passionate and went on forever. Maru’s lungs began to burn, desperately in need of air.

She placed her palms on his chest and pushed him away, gasping for air and breathing heavily. She found it hard to look at his face and ended up staring at his chest.

“No...” she said softly, “No.”

She shook her head and tried to get away from him.

Lu Han refused such an answer. He tugged her back and kissed her again, slower this time. His lips caressed smoothly, and his tongue prodding gently at her lips. Without thinking, she opened a bit, his tongue sensuously massaging.

When they parted, Maru’s breathing was weak and her eyes were still closed.

“You...” She began, “Can’t tell anyone about this.”

Her eyes opened, meeting Lu Han’s. His golden eyes stared back with various emotions. He understood why she would ask such a thing.

“Fine,” Lu Han breathed out before kissing her again.


 

HI!

THE SPIN OFF IS HEEEREEE!
Updates will be slower that usual but I will pick up the pace as soon as PMWB is complete~

ENJOY!