1/1

Regrets and mistakes

It's been about a year since Kris left him. And Tao felt awful. Tao spent the last year hating himself for losing Kris. Sure, it wasn't his fault that Kris fell for someone else. But he thought that if he just tried a little harder he would be the only one in Kris' eyes. Obviously he didn't try hard enough.

School was like hell to him. He had no friends ever since his best and only friend, Luhan, moved back to China. He had no will to go to school because there was nothing for him there except studying and Tao hated studying.

One day at school, in english class, he was paired up with a boy named Oh Sehun to work on some sort of a project. Tao didn't like projects but he still preferred to do them alone. He had to admit that the boy was quite handsome but he prevented himself from thinking about that.

So Tao started going over to Sehun's house to work on the project. They didn't talk much unless it was related to their work. So they spent most of their time in silence.
--
As usual, on saturday night, Tao was at Sehun's house again. They sat in Sehun's room in silence until Sehun squinted his eyes at Tao and spoke up.

"I think I know you."

Tao, caught by surprise, looked up from his notebook with wide eyes. "W-What?" Tao wanted to kick himself for stuttering.

"You're Luhan's friend right?" Sehun smiled. And Tao found himself admiring the others smile.

It was when Sehun cleared his throat that Tao caught himself staring. Tao mentally slapped himself and nodded slowly.

"You know Luhan?" He asked quietly.

Sehun laughed softly and Tao swore it was the most beautiful thing he has ever heard.

"Of course. Luhan and I are childhood friends."

"Oh." Tao nodded. "Luhan never told me about you." He mumbled. Sehun wondered why Luhan never spoke of him in front of Tao but he decided to let it go.
--
Day by day Tao and Sehun spent more time together. They talked more and found out they had quite a lot in common. They even exchanged numbers to keep in touch even after the project was finished.

The day they had to present their project to the class Tao was sick and couldn't make it to school. Sehun told him not to worry and presented the project by himself giving Tao as much credit as he could. In the end they both got good grades for it.
Sehun visited Tao every day after school to see how he was doing. They would talk for hours and it made Tao feel better. Sehun even slept over once. Not even Kris has ever slept over at Tao's place. Tao was surprised he let Sehun get so close to him.
--
Luhan had returned to Korea one day and Tao was more than excited to see him.

They decided to meet up at their favourite place. A park not too far from Tao's home. No one really went there so it allowed Tao and Luhan to be alone and just talk.

"Hey there." Luhan said as he approached Tao who was sitting on one of the swings.

Tao looked up and stood up abruptly, pulling Luhan into a tight hug.

"I missed you!" Luhan smiled at Tao's excitement and returned the hug.

"You too."

They stayed out talking for hours until Luhan realised how late it was.

"You should go home Taozi you have school tomorrow." Luhan said and Tao could only agree.
--
Tao was becoming happier each day. He was so happy to have friends like Sehun and Luhan. But also with each passing day Tao found himself falling for Sehun. He tried real hard to block Sehun out and not think about it but it wasn't working. He often found his cheeks turn red when Sehun was close or his body burn up when Sehun touched him.

About a month after Luhan had returned to Korea, Tao noticed that the three of them stopped hanging out. They went out here and there but on those days Tao felt like the third wheel because his friends were paying more attention to each other than to Tao.

As days went by Tao started to feel lonely even though he had friends. Sehun and him didn't talk much in school either. It made Tao wish that things were back to how they were before and wonder why this happened so suddenly.
--
Tao and Sehun spoke less each day but Tao's feelings kept growing stronger. He couldn't talk to his best friend about it and it bugged him to no end. He started losing his apetite, losing his sleep and all he could think about was Sehun.

Tao thought of confessing a few times but was afraid of rejection. He was afraid of getting hurt again. So he chose to ignore his feelings in stead.

"Taozi, I have something to tell you." Luhan came over to Tao's place one day.

"You know you can tell me anything Lu ge."

Luhan smiled. "Well, the thing is- I mean the reason why me and Sehun have become a little distant is because- Um-"

"Just tell me, Lu ge."

"We're dating." Luhan said and looked at Tao worriedly. Tao's heart hurt. It hurt so bad. "We um didn't want you to find out yet so we kinda shut you out to keep it a secret." Luhan sighed. "It was a stupid idea, I know. And I understand if you're mad-"

"I'm not mad." Tao forced a smile. "I'm happy for you."

Luhan sighed in relief and smiled. "Really?"

Tao couldn't force himself to speak so he just nodded.

"Thanks Taozi!" Luhan pulled Tao into a hug. "You're the greatest friend ever."
--
After he found out Luhan and Sehun were dating Tao shut himself out. He didn't speak to anyone. He rarely went to school. His grades dropped. He ate and slept less. On some nights he would cry himself to sleep and on some he would stay up wondering how he could be so stupid.

Luhan visited him from time to time and Tao would just force a smile and assure him everything was ok.

Every day his pain grew stronger. He couldn't believe he allowed himself to get hurt again. He allowed Sehun to break down his wall and hurt him. He allowed himself to fall in love again. He just barely got over Kris and now he had to get over Sehun too.
The pain was just too much for him to bear.
--
Sehun came by to his house one day and Tao was shocked. He didn't expect for the boy to come and see him.
As soon as he saw Sehun's face it was like someone had just shot him through the heart. It took all his strength not to break down in front of the other.

Sehun talked a lot about Luhan and their relationship. And Tao's heart was breaking more by the minute.
"We also-"

"Sehun." Tao interrupted. His voice hoarse.

Sehun looked at Tao curiously.

"I-" Tao took in a deep breath. "I can't listen to you talking about Lu ge anymore."

Sehun's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Why?"

"Becasue-" Tao lowered his gaze and played with his fingers. "Because I can't stand it."

"Why?" Sehun repeated.

"Because I-" Tao looked up for a second then lowered his gaze again. "I love you." He croaked out.

Sehun went speachless. He stared at Tao in disbelief. "Come again?"

Tao looked up to meet Sehun's eyes this time. His vision blurry from the tears that gathered in his eyes. "I love you." He repeated. "I fell for you the moment we met I just didn't want to admit it to myself." He sighed. "When I found out that you and Lu ge-" Tao stoppedand let his tears fall. "It just hurts. It hurts so much." Tao was now sobbing.

"Taozi-"

"Don't!" Tao cried harder. "Don't call me that."

Sehun didn't know what to say so he just stood there until Tao kicked him out of his house saying how he never wants to see him again.
--
Tao's health was getting worse. He lost weight.

He was becoming more depressed each day.

Luhan had stopped visiting him.

His parents stopped calling him.

He couldn't stand the pain. He really couldn't. But no one was there for him. He had nobody.
--
"He hasn't been eating or sleeping properly. To be honest with you, I am not surprised it has come to this." The doctor sighed. "But he is recovering slowly. I'm sure he should be just fine in a few months." The doctor added and the mand standing next to him nodded.

"Thank you." The man said and the doctor gave him a small nod before leaving the room.

The man set down next to Tao and held his hand tightly.

"What happened to you?" He sighed. "I'm so sorry, Taozi. If i had known this was going to happen I-" The man sighed again. "I never would have left you." He kissed the back of Tao's hand gently and that's when Tao's eyes fluttered open.

Tao looked at the man sitting beside him and his heart skipped a beat.

"K-Kris?"
--
Kris explained to Tao that he realised he still loved him and how stupid he was for leaving him. Tao forgave him and they agreed to get back together.

Kris visited Tao at the hospital every day and they talked and joked and laughed. Tao was finally able to smile again. And he couldn't be happier.

Luhan found out what happened and left Sehun saying how he couldn't be with him when his best friend was hurting so much.
--
After a few years Sehun realised his mistake but it was too late.

He sighed and stood up with everyone else, clapping lifelessly as Tao and Kris walked back down the aisle hand in hand, smiling happily.


Sorry for any typing or grammar mistakes. I hope you like it even though it might not be all that great. ^^