Blindsided

Blindsided

"Mayday! Mayday! The ship is going down! I repeat, we are sinking!"

 

"Erm, it's not even May yet."

 

"Gosh, it's just something you say when the end is near, dumbdumb!" Yuri rolled her eyes.

 

"YAH, I am not stupid! I was just... just expressing my helplessness to the matter and stating an obvious fact that it is only the start of the year yet all our relationships are already exposed!” Taeyeon retorted.

 

“All? It’s only 3 out of 9, nowhere near half!” Yuri exclaimed with eyes widen in shock. “Don't jinx it!”

 

“Please, can you even count? Half of 9 is 4.5 and with Jessica’s near miss, that’s like 4 out of 9, which is very much near half!” Taeyeon explained exasperatedly. “And who knows, it can become 6 out of 9 before we knew it!”

 

“Whatever, I am the captain, only what I say counts!” Yuri picked up the living room phone again and placed it sideways near like how air stewardess makes announcements. “Besides, are you so bent on jinxing it that much?”

 

“What? Since when you are the captain?! I am older, I am the captain!” Taeyeon quickly reached for the phone.

 

“Since when seniority decides who’s the captain? And you are only 9 months older, not even a year!” Yuri stretched her hand to keep the phone out of Taeyeon’s reach.

 

“9 months is enough for another baby to be conceived!” Taeyeon body slammed Yuri to the couch and managed to grab onto the phone’s cord.

 

“Yah! That’s unfair!” Yuri pushed Taeyeon’s face away from her, fighting off Taeyeon’s merciless attacks. “Are we even talking about the same ship?!”

 

Taeyeon paused for a moment and looked at Yuri blankly.

 

“Are we not?” Taeyeon asked calmly. “I thought we are talking about Taeny?”

 

“What?” Yuri gasped. “I was talking about Yulti. Since when I cared about Taeny?”

 

“YAH!” Taeyeon went back to cat claw Yuri as she tried to get hold of the phone. “Taeny was a freaking big ship!”

 

“So was Yulti!”

 

“We are waaaaayyyy bigger!”

 

“No way!”

 

“Yes way!”

 

“No way!”

 

“Yes way!”

 

“No way!”

 

“No way!”

 

“Yes way!”

 

“Ha! There, you admitted!” Taeyeon pointed at Yuri and laughed.

 

“No way! You cheated!” Yuri pouted as she pounced onto Taeyeon and headlocked her. “Besides, you admitted ‘no way' first!”

 

At this time, Jessica walked past the living room on her way to the kitchen and saw the ruckus.

 

“Guys, break it off.” Jessica rolled her eyes at the two dorks.

 

“But she started it first!” Yuri exclaimed, maintaining her hold.

 

“…”

 

“You may want to let go, she’s turning blue.”  Jessica commented nonchalantly and went into the kitchen.

 

“Yikes!” Yuri immediately let go but laughed soon after as she skipped towards the kitchen. “That’s a nice change! Too many times you turned pink and that’s Tiffany’s colour. Time to turn into your own favourite colour!”

 

“YOU!” Taeyeon coughed and rubbed her neck before chasing after Yuri.

 

“Yes? This is Yul speaking.” Yuri stuck out her thumb and little finger against her ear.

 

“UGH!” Taeyeon jumped onto Yuri from the back while Yuri struggled to get Taeyeon off her back.

 

Jessica watched as she poured herself a glass of water and drank it.

 

She then turned towards the sink and washed the glass as Yuri stumbled left and right behind her with Taeyeon still on her back.

 

After drying the glass, she turned around and eyed the duo for exactly 3.9 seconds when they crashed onto the floor.

 

Jessica continued staring at the duo groaning in pain for another 12.5 seconds before exploding into a laughing fit.

 

“No wonder Tiffany dumped both of you.” Jessica held her tummy as she almost fell over from all the laughing.

 

“How could you be so mean to your seobang?” Yuri whined as she stood up, still rubbing her posterior which took the hit during the fall.

 

“YAH! I am still here, you know.” Taeyeon glared at Yuri. “Besides, I call dibs on the Taengsic ship!”

 

“What?!” Yuri gave Taeyeon a ridiculous look. “Taengsic is barely afloat! I say Yulsic for the win!”

 

“As much as I would like to stay and watch you guys fight over me, I need my beauty sleep.” Jessica yawned and strolled out of the kitchen, leaving the duo mouth agape.

 

"Gosh, can't believe you two." Jessica rolled her eyes again and muttered to herself. "On second thoughts, you guys are really meant for each other."

 

“Did she…” Taeyeon said.

 

“just chose sleep…” Yuri continued.

 

“over us?!” Taeyeon and Yuri exclaimed in shock.

 

“YES! And stop making a ruckus!” Jessica shouted from the background before they heard a door slammed shut.

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“Well, it is 12.45am after all.” Taeyeon looked at the wall clock and said after a long pause.

 

“Uhuh, Captain Obvious.” Yuri grabbed Taeyeon’s hand and dragged her out of the kitchen.

 

“AHA! You just call me a captain!” Taeyeon let Yuri drag her along the corridor.

 

“It’s sarcasm!” Yuri rolled her eyes as she opened her room door and pulled Taeyeon in with her.

 

“But I am still a captain nonetheless!” Taeyeon smiled in victory as she slipped into the bed.

 

“Whatever, go to sleep, captain.” Yuri closed the door and off the light.

 

“Are you forgetting something?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Goodnight, my captain.” Yuri whispered into Taeyeon’s ears, kissed her cheek and spooned her from the back.

 

“Good thing they never suspected us.”

 

-

 

A/N:

 

So... Taeri anyone? Lol.

Was trying to find back my writing momentum and I couldn't help myself with trolling my readers plot twists.

The current influx of khunfany fics with taeny tags is just too annoying depressing UGH. And so I jumped off the bandwagon and wrote this.