Happiness

The One

Janhae woke up early in the morning.  When she looked at the calendar it was already July 10. She sighed.

‘It’s that time again huh?’ Janhae thought.

She got up from her bed and took her phone to look at the time. When she unlocked it, it showed a picture of her and Tae eating ice cream.  She laughed when she saw how ridiculous the picture was. They had ice cream all over their face and they were smiling cutely. I miss you.

It’s been already a month and a half since that accident.  She wanted to see her so bad but she always shook the idea out from her head. Taeyeon is busy. She always reasoned that out.

Janhae went downstairs and saw that her sister was sleeping peacefully in the couch with the TV still on. She went over and placed a blanket and a pillow for her. She giggled.  She just remembered something about their conversation.

 

Flashback: Two weeks after their arrival

“So, you and Taengoo huh?” Jessica finally asked. She can’t take it anymore. She respected her sister’s privacy at first but she didn’t care anymore.  It’s been weeks since they arrived and not even a single word was spoken about her and Taeyeon. She was dying to know.

“Yeah.” She replied shortly. She knew that her sister was itching to know about them and so she decided to . Janhae smirked secretly.

“You know I always wondered why two weeks after I left you still never complained to me. I suspected that you already left the house but I guess I was wrong. Totally wrong.”

“Mmmm.”

“When did the both of you got together?”

“Two months after you left. She wanted to go to Jeonju and so I brought her there. She just blurted out those three words in the middle of our talk.” She smiled at the thought of their little silly confession. It was so unromantic and so out of the blue but they both really didn’t mind.

Jessica watched how her sister’s face light up at the mention of Taeyeon’s name.

“And I assume you did it there?”

“Did what?” Janhae asked innocently.

“Don’t be so innocent. You know what I mean.” Jessica raised both of her eyebrows playfully.

Janhae raised her eyebrows too. She really didn’t get what her sister is saying. She tried to recount the events after their confession. As far as she remembered, they kissed and Janhae dragged Tae to her bedroom and… and they did it. Oh god. She blushed furiously at the sudden realization.

‘Please don’t let her know.’ Janhae repeatedly thought.

“Y-yah unnie!” she shouted. She tried so hard to make it look like they didn’t do it but she failed miserably.

Jessica saw the blush on her sister’s face and right there she knew that she got her answer. It was now her turn to smirk.

“So you really did it huh? Aigoo, my sister is now a grown-up.” She patted her sister’s head teasingly.

Janhae swatted her sister’s hand in annoyance. “Enough of it already!”               

“Okay, okay. Geez.” Jessica rubbed the spot where her sister just hit her hard. “What took you so long to say those words anyways?” She asked.

Janhae shrugged. “I don’t exactly know too. I guess I forgot how it feels to be loved other than your family. Heck I don’t even know if our parents love me. You’re the only family that I consider.”

“Don’t say that. They both love you. They just have a weird way of showing it.”

Janhae remained silent. She still wasn’t convinced about her parents’ actions towards her. Jessica took a step forward and hugged Janhae tightly.

“I’m sorry too. I wasn’t there when Miles died. You badly needed someone and I wasn’t there to comfort you. I’m a really bad sister.”

“No you’re not and it was a really long time ago unnie. I got over it already. Taeyeon helped me.”

“But still I’m sorry.”

“Apology accepted.”

It was a good two minutes when they decided to break away from the hug. They smiled at each other when their eyes met.

“Let’s go shopping!” Jessica exclaimed.

“Are you insane? People will recognize you!”

“Of course they would recognize me. I’m Jessica Jung after all.”

“I’m not kidding unnie!” Janhae was just being protective. She didn’t want the same accident to happen again. Once is already enough. She didn’t understand why Jessica was acting like that.

“Don’t worry about that. I’ll just glare to whoever will come near me. I’m sure he or she would back out instantly. Trust me. I’ve done this before.”

Janhae still remained quiet and Jessica was wondering why. She then remembered of what happened a month and a half ago. She palmed her face for forgetting a very serious matter.

“Hey, if it makes you better I’ll bring a bodyguard with me. Is that okay?” Jessica said.

Janhae shook her head.“It’s fine. It’s just that I wish Tae could do that too.”

She laughed. “Taengoo can never do that. She’s too nice and innocent.”

“I know. She’s an angel.” Janhae replied.

“You’re whipped.” Jessica said. She grabbed Janhae’s wrist and started to walk. “Come on. We have a lot of shopping to do.”

“You do know that you’re gonna be carrying all the bags right? I’m still recovering here.”

Jessica groaned and Janhae just laughed at her sister.

 

End of flashback

 

 

 

---

“Hi.”  Janhae sat down and placed the flowers beside her ex-girlfriend’s grave.

“I’m sorry it took me so long to come back here.  Are you happy there?”   Janhae fully knew well that she wouldn’t be able to get an answer but she asked anyways. She just wanted to let out all the feelings and emotions she bottled up for the past month and a half.

She remained quiet. She didn’t know what to say or how to even say it. She still had problems sorting out her feelings. But she knew that if she wanted to make her relationship to last with Taeyeon she had to communicate properly. She sighed.

“I miss you.”  were the first words that left . It may be short but she felt that it was the right thing to say. These words were her first step until she could talk more. Janhae closed her eyes and soon after she started to talk.

“I always wondered why it was you who got into that accident. You left me without even saying goodbye. Did you even know what I went through when you were gone? I had to handle the sadness alone. I got angry at you, at myself, at everyone else. I even considered on following you but I knew that you wouldn’t want that to happen to me. So I continued to live but without you. Living was my best decision ever because it led me to Taeyeon. And I have to thank you for that. Thank you for being a part of my life. Thank you for taking care of me. Thank you for loving me. I won’t forget the things you did for me. I won’t forget you. Thank you so much.”  

Janhae paused for a while to reminisce the memories she had with Taeyeon. Their first meeting was awkward for her since she was a mess. The syrup was all over her body. She giggled at the memory. But her smile faded when she remembered their trip. It was supposed to be a vacation but it got ruined.

“I’m a coward, aren’t I? I’ve already found my happiness yet I ran away from it. I ran away from her. I thought she was going to leave me because she felt guilty about what happened to me. That’s why I ran away. I cannot handle another heartbreak. You leaving me was already enough. I told her that it was so I could relax and think about us. Who am I kidding? I already left her when I turned my back at her and rode that plane. My god I’m an idiot. If you were here you would have probably hit me.” She chuckled at the thought of being hit.

“You know, I still regret that I didn’t get to take care of you properly. You wanted to baby me and so I let you. I regret that I didn’t get to spend much time with you. I was too busy on making my parents proud that I sometimes forgot about you. I regret that I didn’t do much for our relationship. You must’ve been sad.”  She lowered her head.

“I’m so sorry.”

“I’ve had enough of those regrets. I’ll do things right this time. I’ll take care of her. I’ll spend as much time as I can with her. I’ll make her happier. I love her.”  Janhae smiled when she said the last line.

“I have to go now.”  She started to stand up but her hand was suddenly held tightly.  She looked to her right and there she saw the person she least expected to see.

 

 

“Taeyeon” Janhae uttered her name as if it was years since she last said it.

“Hi.” Tae waved at her and smiled. She waved back.

“H-hi. W-what are you doing here?”  Janhae asked but Tae just put one finger to her lips.  “Let me pay my respects first.” Taeyeon said. She watched as Tae bowed down in front of the grave.

“Hello, I am Kim Taeyeon. I just want to thank you for taking care and loving Janhae when she needed someone.  You’re a truly great person. Thank you so much. Please don’t worry about her happiness. That’s because…” Taeyeon stopped talking and looked Janhae in the eyes. She flashed her a smile and said the last words to her.

 

 

“I am her happiness.”  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for the late update, It was the Holy Week last week and I still had to fulfill my duties as a Roman Catholic. I'm sorry too because this chapter is short. I have a cold and I have to update before this cold gets worse. I'll try and update later.

 

Enjoy guys!