Meeting You

The One

 

 

If someone was to describe Janhae in a single word, private would be the most fitting word.

She currently resides in Jeonju and chose to live somewhere along the beach because of its crystal clear water, the refreshing breeze it gives her and the warm people who lives there.  Working with other people was never her forte therefore rendering her unemployed.  Although she went to college, she dropped out a year later because law, which her mother enrolled her to, just wasn’t her thing. Everything about that course intimidated her.  Art fascinated her the most.  She tried on talking to her parents about her wanting to take Art History but they harshly declined.  She had no choice but to obey them. It was always their choice.  So she attended university half-heartedly but sooner she realized she wasn’t happy. One event led to another and she finally decided to make her own decisions.  Her choices disappointed her parents greatly but she disregarded it.

Presently, she’s doing paintings but she does this just out of habit. She never showed any of her works to anyone not even her sister Jessica.  Her sister who she adores the most and who is probably making the most of her vacation by sleeping  for long hours.  Even though she values privacy the most, her family sure didn’t.  Both her parents are well-known singers in Korea and her sister is one of the most-sought actresses in the world. This is partly the reason why she lived far away.  She could never show her face to the people and just blurt out things like she’s a college dropout or that she does painting but never bothered to show it to anyone. No, definitely not. That’s the last thing she wanted to happen.  It will scare the out of her.

---

6:30 am

Janhae woke up to the constant ringing of her alarm. She rose from her bed and opened the curtains to see the magnificent view of the sea with the rising sun.  These simple things already made her day.  She made her way downstairs to make herself a cup of coffee but before she could do that her phone started to ring.  She looked at the caller’s ID and saw that it was her sister and so she immediately pressed the answer button.

“Hello unnie?”

“Hello Janhae-yah! Thank god you answered. I need a very huge favour from you if that’s alright.” Jessica tried to sound cheerful but Janhae still noticed that her sister was tired just from hearing her voice.

“As long as it’s within my abilities.” She responded and continued walking downstairs to make her coffee.

“Okay, I know Jeonju is far away but can you please please please come to Seoul?” Jessica asked desperately from the other end of the line.

“Why?” It took a full two minutes before her sister could speak up and in that span of time she already finished making her coffee.

“ I need to fly to Paris this afternoon and I’ve got no one to take care of my dogs and also the house.”  Her sister reasoned out.

“How about a no? And I thought you’re on vacation.”  she replied and took a sip of her coffee.

“Oh please! You know that there’s no concrete schedule when you have this kind of life. You’re the only one I can ask a favour in just a short notice. Pretty please?” Jessica asked in the cutest voice she could make. Her sister rarely does aegyo and when she does, she made everyone give in to all of her requests and sadly she is one of those people.

“Okay but just for a week or two.” She answered.

“Yes! I so love you. You’re the only sister for me. You’re the best.”  Her sister said joyfully and it made her smile. Jessica would rather choose a serious image than a cute one but here she was being endearing to her.

“Pssh. You’re just saying that so that I would never refuse again.” She sipped the last of her coffee and went back upstairs to prepare a week worth of things.

“It’s the truth okay? I’m not saying this because I’m asking you a favour. At least have some confidence in yourself.”  Jessica said disappointment evident in her voice.

“Yeah, yeah.”

“I’m serious, Janhae-yah. I’m going now, okay? I still need to organize my things. And before I forget, please come early so I could teach you some things.  I have this new security system installed.”

“Got it. But just for a week ok—” The call has already ended before Janhae could even finish. She threw her phone on the bed and just continued on preparing her things.

---

It was already 8:30 when Janhae finished everything and so she went out and hopped in her truck. Even if it was old it could still manage to run even on longer rides.

It took Janhae a good two hours and a half before she arrived at her sister’s house in the Gangnam district.

Janhae walked towards her sister’s door and pressed the doorbell. The door opened and it showed her sister still clad in her pink pajamas.

“Oh thank god you’re here! You’re a great help.” Jessica jumped at her and enveloped her in a bear hug.

“Yeah, I know. Are you sure you’re leaving? You’re still in your pajamas.” She broke away from the hug and looked at her with accusing eyes.

“Oh sush, it’ll be a piece of cake to arrange my things.”

“But you ended the call so you could arrange your things!

“I lied okay? I went back to bed to continue my sleep. Geez. You’re making a big deal out of this. Come on let’s get inside.” Jessica grabbed her hand and pulled Janhae in her house.

Jessica taught Janhae the basic things she should know about her house and her newly installed security system. Honestly, Janhae knows everything there has to know about her sister’s house but she never complained one bit since she considered this as bonding time together with her. Who knows when they’ll see each other again?

After the tour around Jessica’s house, she introduced her sister to her two dogs. Maru is a Chinese Shar-Pei, golden brown in color and is already a year old. Bambi, a Collie is also the same age as Maru.

Janhae patted both their heads and played with them for a bit before she decided to take a nap.

When the clock striked three in the afternoon, Jessica bid goodbye to her sister. They were still hugging each other at the front door.

“You take care of yourself kiddo. I love you” Jessica said lovingly to her sister.

“I love you too. And you take care of yourself too.” Janhae replied.

“Goodbye!” Jessica hit her sister’s head and messed up her hair.

“Yah!” Janhae shouted.

The cab was already outside the gate and so Janhae waved a last goodbye to her sister.

 

 

 

---

Later that night, Janhae decided to eat Chinese takeout since there was no use in cooking if it was only for herself. When the order arrived, she proceeded to her sister’s movie room hoping to have a good time by watching a good movie. She plopped in a good old romantic movie and sat at the couch comfortably. Luckily, Maru and Bambi were sound asleep beside her so she could focus more on the movie.

Halfway through the movie, Janhae received a text from her sister saying:

Janhae-yah! I’ve already arrived in Paris safely in case you’re worried.  I just wanted to tell you that my friend Taengoo will arrive tomorrow to escape from reality for a while. Haha. And our visitor needs comfort too. Take care!

Janhae sighed heavily after reading the message. Her sister knew that she was never the type to socialize easily with other people but she just had to do this. Why does this person wanted to escape and what’s with the needs-comfort thing? Is this person uncomfortable?

She turned off the TV and went straight to bed because she just wasn’t in the mood to continue the movie. Her sister had to ruin this beautiful evening.

---

Janhae’s sleep was interrupted when the two dogs, Maru and Bambi, was constantly her in the face.

“I’m up. I’m up.” She said while trying to push the dogs with her hands.

When she fully opened her eyes they were already on a sitting position with their tongues out prompting her that they’re hungry.

She went downstairs and started to rummage the refrigerator but to her dismay the fridge is almost empty. Eggs are the only food present along with some soda and alcoholic drinks.

What does my sister eat here? Note to self: Need to buy groceries.

She opened the cupboard and was happy to see that there’s flour and a baking powder. She turned her head to face the dogs.

“Okay guys, we’re low on food but who wants pancakes?” she asked and the dogs gave her a bark as a response.

“Well, these types of foods aren’t allowed for you guys so it’s just me. Don’t want your owner to give me those cold stares of her.”

The dogs just whined and went out of the kitchen. Janhae continued on making the pancakes and when she successfully made it, she called out for the dogs while she prepared the dog food.

She poured maple syrup all over her pancake and soon they were eating in silence. Not long after, the dogs jumped on the chairs in front of her and started a staring contest with her.

“I know you like this but no, okay? Besides I’m already finished so you should go out and play before I wash the both of you.”

Although she said it, the dogs stayed rooted in their seats and followed her with their eyes.

“Whatever.” She muttered

Janhae stood up from her seat and took the maple syrup with her. Just when she was about to approach the sink, the cap of the syrup, where she was holding, started to slip. She stopped so she could adjust the cap but it was already too late as it already slipped away from her hands and the syrup scattered all over the floor.

Both dogs were barking nonstop at her. Maru jumped from his seat and started running in circles around her spreading the syrup further.

“No Maru stop!” Janhae attempted to stop him but before she could she stepped on the syrup and instantly slipped. The pancakes in the plate, which she was holding in her other hand, flew out and went straight to her face. The dogs, seeing this as an opportunity to finally eat the pancakes, rushed to her and started and biting the food.

“Guys stop!” Janhae tried in vain to stop them but her actions were no use. She still continued on pushing them away in the hopes that they would stop until—

“Ahem.” A loud cough was heard and they all halted.

Janhae looked up to see who it was and when she saw that there was a person standing in front of the door of the kitchen, she quickly stood up.

When she finally stood up, she took a good look at the person in front of her and saw that it is a woman. She’s wearing a blue floral dress that fit her body perfectly. Although she’s wearing heels, Janhae assumed that they’re of the same height. She did not forget to notice that she is a blonde and her oh-so-creamy white skin which made her glow more.

After few seconds of scanning, she finally looked her in the eyes and the girl beamed at her. She found herself smiling back at the girl.

The girl extended her hand and introduced herself.

“Hi. I’m Kim Taeyeon.”

This is definitely a name she won’t forget.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Finally I've updated!

Although there was only a very short appearance of Tayeon, I hope that it's enough.

I'm sorry, it's just that I'm still new with this JanTae shipping. And I've been squeezing my brain with ideas for the past hours and now it's already 3:30 am here so I better get some sleep.

I just wanted to inform everyone that this story revolves mainly on Janhae and Taeyeon. Tiffany and Nickhun will only be mentioned on the next chapters but I'm still planning on making them appear here the only problem is where to insert them. So to those who are expecting these two people's POV, please don't. Haha. As much as possible I want less drama.

I know I said that I'm new with this but can anyone tell me something about Janhae? Is that even her name or what? 

Mianhae.

Anyways, thank you to everyone who subscribed and upvoted even though the first chapter wasn't still up.

You're subscriptions and upvotes won't be put into vain.

 

I love you guys.

Please do check my other story Goodbye Hello.

And to the unnie who requested this, NANDITO NA! 

Are you happy now?