Troubles

The One

A month passed since Taeyeon  and Janhae had their little confession. It was also a month ago when Janhae swore to protect Taeyeon in front of her parent’s graves. A month was enough to strengthen their relationship. A month later and here they were cuddling in Janhae’s bed.

They’ve been just sitting around and chatting lately but they both didn’t mind. As long as they both have each other then the world didn’t matter. Just then a phone call interrupted their moment. Taeyeon groaned but when she looked at the caller’s ID, it was her manager calling.

 “Sorry, I have to take this call. It’s important.” Taeyeon excused herself and kissed Janhae on the cheeks. She went out of the bedroom to talk privately to her manager.

Janhae got out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower while waiting for Taeyeon to finish her call. She can hear the muffled conversation outside but just shrugged it off.

Janhae went out all dressed several minutes later and she saw Taeyeon sitting on the bed with her head on her hands.  Taeyeon looked up as soon as she heard the door shut.

“Hey babe, I have some bad news and good news. Which one do you want to hear first?” Taeyeon asked.

“Bad news.” Janhae didn’t like the sound of Taeyeon’s tone so she chose to hear the bad news first before the good one.

“Okay, my manager just contacted me. He said I have to go back to LA to settle on some matters. I’ve been gone for three months after all.”

“Oh”  Janhae replied.

Taeyeon knew that she would get this response from the girl. She could see the sadness in her eyes. She didn’t want to leave her too. While Janhae was in the bathroom, Taeyeon thought of a plan to spend their time together before she actually leaves. And that was the good news. But Tae wasn’t sure if Janhae would agree to it.

“But the good news is I’m not flying back until next week. Let’s make the most of our time then.” Taeyeon suggested.

“But how?”

“I don’t know if you’re going to agree with this but do you want to go to Paris with me? You know for a little vacation.”

Janhae totally liked the idea of going to Paris with Taeyeon. Who wouldn’t? Paris is the City of Love afterall. But her happiness was temporary when she realized something. If she is going with Taeyeon then the whole world will know about them dating. Reporters are resourceful.  The moment that they will know about them, they would do background check about her. They’d try and bug Jessica or her parents. Oh her parents. The thought of them knowing about her uality scared her like hell. She angered them too much already.  But she loves Taeyeon too much to not consider her offer. What will she do?

“Tae, I don’t know. What if people will know?”

“I don’t care. Let them. All that matters is I’m with you. “ Taeyeon replied in a very serious tone.

“But I’m afraid.”  Janhae’s voice was shaking and Taeyeon felt worried. She immediately hugged the girl to calm her down before she cries.

“Hey, hey we don’t have to if you don’t really like the idea. I know you’re a very private person and things like these make you uncomfortable. We’ll just stay here then.”

Even though she didn’t show it, Janhae can tell that Taeyeon was disappointed.  She felt guilty. She just promised Tae’s parents that she would take care of her but here she was breaking that promise. She was supposed to make her happy. Janhae sighed. She doesn’t care anymore. Whether the people or her parents knew about them or not she doesn’t care.

“Okay, I’ll come with you.  But please don’t leave my side.”

Taeyeon released herself from the hug and faced Janhae with a big grin on her face.

“Really?”

Janhae nodded and the older girl’s grin grew wider.

“Really really?”

She smiled and shook her head. She can’t believe this person.

“Oh my god Tae you’re such a kid. Do you want me to change my mind?”

“No! It’s just that I’m so happy. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!” Taeyeon said while kissing Janhae in her eyes, nose and finally her lips. She laughed on how much her girlfriend can act like a kid in the most adorable way.

“Dork.”

“Your dork.”

“Oh, we leave first thing in the morning. You better prepare your things then.”  Tae added which surprised the younger girl. She thought that they won’t leave until the day after next.

“That early? Why?”

“I’m just excited! We’re going on our first vacation!”  Taeyeon said in a very joyous tone while clapping her hands.

Taeyeon must have really wanted to spend time with her that much.  Well, it’s what she wants too so there really is no problem.

“I think I’m in love with a kid”

“Hey! Admit it, you love this kid!”

Janhae pinched her cheek hard.“That’s true. I love you sooooo much. And I think I need a kiss from this adorable kid.”

She closed her eyes and slowly leaned forward towards Tae. Moments later their lips touched and they started kissing passionately. Janhae grabbed Tae’s neck and pulled her closer to deepen the kiss. They were kissing as if they were transferring their love to each other.

Few minutes later they pulled back and they looked at each other lovingly.

“Oh! This cute kid loves you too by the way.”

 

 

 

---

Before Taeyeon and Janhae could really leave for their vacation, they had to find someone to take care of the dogs and also the house. The dogs might trash the whole house and they didn’t really want that to happen. Jessica will literally kill them. Good thing Janhae knew someone here in Seoul and she trusted her so much. They were so glad when her friend, Sunny, accepted the favor. Janhae met Sunny when she was still in law school and they instantly clicked with each other. Although she dropped out of school, they still contacted each other and met up for lunch or dinner from time to time.

The next morning both girls were already ready and so they went to the airport cautiously.

As soon as they arrived in Paris they quickly went to their hotel to avoid people spotting them. They still couldn’t reveal their relationship when they’ve just arrived and still hadn’t started their vacation.

It was already late at night when they arrived at their room so the couple decided to sleep since they were also exhausted from the flight.

The morning after their arrival both girls woke up early and dressed themselves to get breakfast. They talked and laughed over breakfast and it took them an hour to realize that they’re gonna be late for their appointment. Janhae didn’t have any idea as to where they were going because Taeyeon chose to keep it as a secret. She only told her that she would totally love it and that they have to go early so they could spend much time there. It must really be a huge place for us to go early to that place.

But as soon as they went out flashes from camera blinded them. They had to cover their eyes to protect them. Reporters were approaching them aggressively asking them for answers.

‘Miss Kim! Is this a new girl you’re dating?’

‘Miss Kim! Who is she?’

‘Miss Kim!’

‘Miss Kim’

People were shouting at them asking the same questions. She grabbed Janhae’s wrist tightly so she wouldn’t get lost in the crowd. She knew that this would happen sooner or later.

How the hell did they know that we‘re here? Taeyeon thought to herself. Only she and Janhae knew about this vacation.

Ugh, never mind.

A lot of reporters were now surrounding them which scared Janhae. She grasped on Tae’s shirt tightly and buried her head deep in the girl’s chest. Tae draped one hand on Janhae’s shoulder and dragged her towards the car pushing some reporters along the way. Taeyeon was glad when security intervened and helped them shove the reporters away. As soon as she saw the car, she quickly opened it and pushed Janhae inside. When inside, Taeyeon told the driver to start the car and drive immediately.

She looked down to see Janhae still clutching to her shirt. She kissed the top of the girl’s head to soothe her.

“It’s okay now don’t worry.” Tae whispered.

Janhae let go of her shirt and looked up at her.

“Thank you for not leaving me.”

“I won’t leave you. Never. I’m sorry though that this happened so early. They probably know about us right now. But whatever. Just sleep for now you still look tired. I’ll wake you up later.” Taeyeon said. Janhae nodded and rested her head on Taeyeon’s shoulders.

 

 

 

---

Thirty minutes after they left the hotel, Tae woke up the sleeping girl to tell her that they already arrived at their destination. Janhae rubbed her eyes like a kid and it made Tae pinch her cheek.

This girl is so cute! She thought. She had to giggle when the girl slapped her arm to stop her from pinching her harder.

Moments later they went out of the car and Janhae’s jaw dropped immediately at the sight before her.

She couldn’t believe it.  She’s here. The museum which exhibits nearly 35,000 objects from prehistory up to the 21st century is now in front of her. The Louvre Museum.

This place is perfect for people who love arts like her but even if you didn’t you’d still love it anyways. It’s just amazing how they manage to maintain this museum for a long time. Even the building itself is a work of art.

“Oh Tae, I love it. I love you!” Janhae said almost screaming.

“Glad you love it babe. You deserve the best anyways.”

They both went inside with Janhae dragging the older girl. Taeyeon giggled at her girlfriend’s actions.

Now who’s being a kid? Taeyeon thought.

Taeyeon was in awe as soon as they were inside the museum. Sure she knows little about these things but they were just amazing to be neglected. If she already felt this happy then how much more when it comes to Janhae? She must be overjoyed.

Every time they would pass by a painting Janhae knew, she would tell bits of information as to who the painter is or when it was completed. Sometimes she would add her opinion about the object. Even though Taeyeon has little knowledge about arts, she was still listening intently to the younger girl. Somehow, Janhae made it interesting for her. She acted as if she was a tour guide. Taeyeon felt very proud of her.

They continued their tour with Taeyeon following Janhae in silence. They were now on the floor that exhibited some sculptures including the Venus de Milo and Psyche Revived by Cupid’s Kiss. Cupid and Psyche, at least she knew about this one. A story where Psyche had to overcome a lot of obstacles just to be with Cupid again. This particular story left a big impression to her when she was still young. She vowed to herself then that if she were to find that one person that can complete her life then she would never let her go. And now here she was staring at that person as she talked about the objects in front of them. She could not ask for more. She wouldn’t give up on her easily. She has to be strong.

They went upstairs later on after admiring the sculptures. They noticed that there was this room full of people in it and they were wondering what it is.  Their questions were answered when they entered the room. Inside were other paintings but what stood out the most was Leonardo Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa. They had to squeeze their way in so they could look at it up close.  This is probably the most popular attraction in the whole museum.

 

 

 

---

At around five o’clock in the afternoon Taeyeon told Janhae that they should leave so they could eat dinner. Janhae pouted obviously still wanting to roam around. Taeyeon just chuckled at her girlfriend’s reaction. She reassured her that they would be coming back tomorrow and this made Janhae jump in joy.

Taeyeon brought Janhae to a secluded Italian restaurant. Since probably everyone knew about them, she had to take precautionary measures and took her there so they could eat in private. Luckily, the place was not crowded and so they can eat their dinner in peace. Though some gave them suspicious looks, they clearly didn’t mind at all.

After their dinner, they went outside to take a walk and just enjoy the scenery. They intertwined both of their hands and started walking.

“Thank you Tae for this day. How can I ever repay you?” Janhae said starting the conversation.

“You don’t really need to repay me. Just be with me and that’s more than enough.” Tae replied.

“But I really want to do something for you.” She insisted.

Taeyeon stopped walking and faced Janhae.

“Do you really want to make me happy?” Tae asked.

Janhae nodded innocently.

“Then…” She moved closer to girl’s ear and whispered something. “We can go back to the hotel and you know… spend our time wisely because honestly I’ve wanted you since we arrived here. This isn’t called the City of Love for nothing.”  Tae smirked when she saw that Janhae was blushing hard.

“I love you.” She added. She moved her head and kissed the younger girl. She felt her respond and she just smirked. Their kiss was slow yet meaningful. They wanted to savor their every moment together.

This day is the best! Tae concluded.

 

Or so she thought.

 

*FLASH*

They abruptly stopped when they realized that someone just took a picture of them kissing.  Their eyes went to the direction of the flash and their eyes grew wide in horror.

Paparazzi

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Okay, let's fly.

I've finally updated you guys!

It's sad to say that I'll be ending this story in the next chapter.  :(

Thank you for supporting this story.

 

 

Thank you to MoonHyeyoung, SNSDSonexx, v4mP1r3_Fw3ak, cool530, blackGlenz, Lisook,  ayart_07, taenyforever27, GGjjang9, coolintot, Tiffanyss, mitschan02703, princecayzer07 for upvoting the story!

You've made me happy you guys!