Endless Tears

Endless Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My name is Tiffany Hwang. I have an older sister and brother, Stella and Taecyeon. Other people might say my siblings are step siblings, since we are not related, but for me, they are my everything. How could they not be? After my mom's death when I was 5, my dad marries Stella and Taecyeon's mother. They accepted me with open arms and they love me as much as I love them. We are very happy, I guess.

I am on my room, sitting on the couch in front of my bed, reading Pride and Prejudice for God knows how many times. My dark brown long hair is up, my glasses are on and I'm only wearing a black tank top and grey -- almost like white -- baggy pants. Suddenly, someone taps my shoulder, making me jump a little. I must be so immersed in the book that I do not notice her enter my room.

"Eonni! Don't scare me like that!" I exclaim, patting my panting chest. I look at Stella's pale face. Her eyes are the perfect almond shaped, her nose bridge high and is small, making it look pouty. I realize something is different. She is grinning widely and her eyes sparkle.

"Wae? Did something good happened?" I asked, my voice comes out teasing.

She hit my shoulder playfully. "I have a extremely good news," she says. "So--" she taps her hand in the couch, making a drumroll-like sound, "Me and Siwon oppa are getting married! Appa just announced our engagement."

She screams, the sound so high it will usually receive a scolding from me. But now, I can't really hear clearly as my heart starts to pound. My head is spinning as I try to register her words. Choi Siwon, is 3 years older than me. I know him for as long as I remembered, even way before I know eonni. What they know is we're so close, almost like real sibling, what they do not know is we started dating a year ago. I decided to hide it when we started dating because I don't want people to know and make everything awkward. I love him, so much I thought my heart could explode with that feeling. And now, he is getting married with the person I love not lesser?

"M--Mwo?" I stutter. My face must shows a shocked expression since eonni stops screaming and looks at me in a worried expression. 

"What's wrong? You are not happy for me?" She asked, her face looks down.

I try to smile, even though the corner of my mouth feels so hard to be pulled up. "Ani, eonni, of course I'm happy for you."

Eonni starts to smile again. "You know, I've actually been in love with him since you introduced me to him," she whispers. "But keep this as a secret tho." She then waves her hand and leaves my room.

As soon as she leaves, I drop my book. I sit there frozen not knowing what to react. My heart is still pounding and my head is still spinning. Then, my phone rings. I take it and see the caller, Siwon.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Fany-ah." His pained voice manages to make my eyes water.

"Oppa," I replied, my voice just as painful.

"Have you heard about... Stella?"

"Eo."

He sighs. "Meet me at the park in 30 minutes." Then, he hangs up.

I waste no time to change into my contacts and brush my hair. I smear some chapstick on my lips, take my jacket and my car key, then leave my house. I usually pay a lot of attention to my outfi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter