Chapter Two: Grocery Shopping

Coffee Girl

Chapter Two

Grocery Shopping

Coffee, an acquired taste...

______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Here Xumin, take this with you." Appa extended his hand towards me.

"What's this?" I asked, receiving the slip of paper.

"A list of materials I want you to buy," he explained. "Oh and take Yoori with you," he added.

"But Appa-" I interjected

"Go." He stated sternly.

• • •

"Why do I have to tag along with you? It's not like you're handicapped or anything." I complained.

"Don't ask me. I'm not the one who suggested it." Xiumin defended.

"Well you could've told him you didn't need my help."

"Help? You call this helping? For the last thirty minutes, all you've done was complain."

It was true. But being the stubborn girl I was, I refused to admit it.

"Oh yeah? Well you're wasting my time. You've stared at those two coffee cans for five minutes. Seriously, just pick one! It's not a life-or-death situation!"

"I'm just trying to choose the best option. You can't just find a random can of coffee beans and throw it into the shopping cart. You have to compare the price, quality, amount-"

"Oh who cares?" I interrupted. Before he could respond, I grabbed the nearest coffee can and threw it carelessly into the cart. "Now let's go already!" I snapped.

"But-" Xiumin protested.

Not wanting to listen to his complaint, I pushed the cart toward the cash register and took off. 

"Hey wait up!" 

At the cash the cashier was a cute girl from our school, a classmate of mine: Soon Hye.

“Annyeong Yoorissi.” She greeted me with a smile.

“Annyeong Unnie,” I grumbled. I wasn't in the mood for friendly conversation.

In the corner of my eye I could see Xumin give me a dirty look for my grumpy attitude. “Don't mind her. She's always like that.” I glared at him. You think so eh?

“What are you talking about Oppa?” I took a can of coffee beans from his hands and placed it on the cashier's counter. “I'm just a little tired that's all.” I let out a big smile at Soon Hye. “How have you been Unnie?” I gave her a cheesy wink. Grumpy my .

“Ahh...Fine? Umm..How about you Yoorissi?” I could tell she found my overly happy attitude uncomfortable; I did too.

I let out a nice big fake laugh. “AH HA HA. Just fine! Just shopping for the coffee shop with my appa's slave over here.” I gestured towards Xumin with my thumb.

“HEY! Your father pays me to be his slave!”

Soon Hye laughed at Xumin. You two are so cute together.” She said not realizing the consequences of her words.

“Excuse me?” I glared at her. “Cute together? With him?”

Quickly her face went red. “Oh I'm sorry Yoorissi! I totally forgot you have a boyfriend!” You could tell the poor girl was scared of me.

“Ha! Exactly! My boyfriend is level A meat compared to this stick!” Pointing at Xumin up and down. “Just look at him, he's so scrawny.”

Xiumin waved his hands between our faces. “Hello? I'm right over here. Are you guys done insulting me now?” He roughly handed Soon Hye his credit card after she finished scanning our items.

“Here is your receipt. Have a good day guys.”

“Let's go.” Xumin said as if he was about to go get his teeth drilled.

“Why do you always have to be so grumpy Oppa?” I teased.

“Just shut up.”

• • •

Xumin carried everything on the walk home. Four bags in all. He thought I would complain the whole time, so I just kept my mouth shut as we walked in silence.

We walked for about five minutes when Xumin's phone went off. -Deo dangdanghage neon Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr.-

His arms flexed in his short sleeved, white button up uniform. Woah. Somebody visits the gym regularly.

Flexing more as he pulled up the two, five pound grocery bags to his ear. “Hello?”

It's probably Appa, wondering where we are.

“Ahh, Noona, Annyeong. Have you been well?”

A rather large smiled swiped across Xumin's face. It pissed me off.

“Just doing some shopping?” He looked down at his walking feet. “At 7? Sure.” 

He's got a date with an older women?!

“I'll see you than. Mm...Ne, Annyeong.” His arms unflexed as he put the phone back into his pocket.

“Noona eh?” I grinned at him.

“Ha. Yeah. She is a lot more mature than you. Mature is the way I like my women.” He teased.

Whatever.

Xumin knew all the right buttons to push to piss me off. “Whatever, I'll see you at the shop.” I stormed off in my adolescent rage.

Stupid jerk and his stupid Noonas. 

 

 Message From Authors ♥

put-da-light-baek-on aka Annie:
I just watched Overdose and OMG SOMEONE GET ME
A DOCTOR BEFORE I DIE T^T
⇒ExoWolfClan:
How did you guys enjoy this chapter?!
Please let us know! Did we all see Exo Teaser Video??
AH! I Overdosed in it! LOL