The Old House

Dreamscapes (꿈탈출)

 

 

 

Chapter 2:

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

I heard someone say… but, it was like a whisper carried by the none-existent wind.

 

 I blinked twice as I adjusted to the darkness that surrounds me. My head hurts so much that I thought it might be splitting into two, like waking up from a deep long slumber.

 

“Y-you shouldn’t b-be here…”

 

There it was again, I could feel whoever it was, was coming closer.

 

 

I was panting so hard as I tried to sit up. I could feel the cold concrete floor against my numbing feet. I hunched my body supporting my weight with my hands that felt so foreign to me. In fact, my whole body seemed unfamiliar, like I was placed in someone else’s body.

 

I looked up only to find nothing but utter darkness, and then I heard it again…only this time I felt them in front of me.

 

 

 

 

“You shouldn’t be here.”

 

“who are you!” I shouted back, completely helpless. Then I heard what seemed to be footsteps and they were many.

 

“You have eyes but you can’t see us” I heard someone say from my right.

 

“yes, I seems that he couldn’t see.” I turned to my left as I heard another one.

 

“Who are you people!? And where the hell am I?!” I demanded.

 

“People? We?”  Came their sarcastic reply as they laughed maniacally that sent goosebumps all over my body.

 

 “My dear boy, you shouldn’t be here…” I felt whoever’s hand graze my face—the touch felt like a ghost running its long fingernails leaving a scratch on my face.

 

 “ahhhh” I cried out.

 

I was panting so hard that I was beginning to palpitate. My vision became blurry again and…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh good! You’re awake.”

 

I sat up sweating and panting as soon as I realized it was just a dream. I looked up to find myself in an unfamiliar room, like in the olden times of Japanese era—wooden floor boards, sliding doors, but with more modern furniture and I saw a man, who was likely in his late 30’s was standing by the door.

 

 

I think I already saw him somewhere.

 

“You okay?” He asked again when I didn’t reply.

 

I nodded.

 

“bad dream?” He inquired, there was something about the way he said it, or was it the way his eyes glistened with a knowing fact that made me furrowed my brows, it is as if he was certain of what I was dreaming about.

 

I nodded again.

 

“iuhmmm may i know who you are.. and where am I?”

 

“Oh! Yeah, how rude of me to not introduce myself.” He chuckled lightly as his fingers combed through his dark hair, landing in choppy, uneven ends nearly level with his chin. The color reminded me of every evil character in any fairytale. It seemed all were characteristically black; black hair, black eyes, black clothing, black demeanors, and black intent.

 

 “I am Jin, young master, the butler and the care taker of the house.” He bowed lightly. “And to answer your question, you are in your uncle’s house.”

 

“would you mind telling me what happened? H-how did I got here…”

 

“oh that, I went to the train station to meet you and you here.” He answered while lightly tapping his chin.

 

So that’s why he’s familiar…he was the man in the black suit…

  

“And you fainted.”

 

“I….fainted?”

 

“Yes. You did. But no worries, I think it was just because of the long trip that made you light headed.” Again he smiled at me.

 

“yeah…long trip…” I replied mostly to myself as I remembered that I was a long way from the city.

 

A long way from my home.

 

“Well, it’s dinner time already, I suggest we get goin. I’m sure you’re starving.” Jin’s voice beckoned me back to reality.

 

Jin guided me to the center part of the house where the dining area was. It was rather simple, and very traditional than the other parts of the house where Jin showed me.

As soon as I sat down the maids went in and place all the delicious looking food, which was traditional, in the retangular table.

 

 

“Bon appetite young master.” Jin said happily, with his creepy smile.

 

“I am the only one eating?”

 

“Ah yes, you are.”

 

“where is my uncle?”

 

I noticed Jin’s lips quirked as I asked. Is there something wrong with asking where my uncle is?

 

“well master Hae is sleeping right now, he wasn’t feeling well today.” Jin answered after some time.

 

“In that case maybe I should go to him and properly introduce myself—”

 

“No!” He injected as he blocked the door. “That won’t be necessary, master said to not disturb him.”

 

I furrowed my brows at his sudden action, it was like they are hiding something…or someone.

 

The night came and I couldn’t sleep. Aside from the fact that the moon’s light was eerily uncanny, and constant howls from dogs or whatever it is, I was missing my old house too much. Everything was just all too new to me.

 

 

i was twisting and turning my body begging for sleep to come to me. I hissed as soon as my right cheek grazed the pillow. I walked to the mirror only to find a small unnoticeable cut, then I suddenly remembered…

 

 

    

 

*as promise i will update this... next is either After Eternity or The Girl Who Walked on Water. pls comment below or PM me what you guys would like me to update and comment your thoughts~!!*

 

*btw, i have erased some of my fics those old ones that i will be revamping lols.

and so i will upload them again in the near future with some minor adjustments...

maybe add some pic more pics for better visualization...ehhhh!*

 

*'til next time~! peace out!*