You again

A Dinosaur or A Cat?

 

After around two hours, we arrived home safely and I threw myself on the bed. The two toys made their way out of the bag. Donghae sat a few inches from my face and Yesung began his journey to the table on the right side of the bed.

“Are you tired? You want me to get you tea or something?” Donghae asked.
“And how are you supposed to go to the kitchen in less than ten minutes in your size?” I chuckled and he pouted.
“I’m alright. I just need to take a shower then I’ll try to figure out what to do.”

Donghae smiled and nodded.

“Then I’ll—“
“You’ll what?”
“Stay right here!” Donghae chuckled nervously and nodded at Yesung, who might’ve just saved his life.

I chuckled and proceeded to taking a shower.


Click. . .

Two top idols of Korea are in my room . . . Well that would sound more delightful if they were real people. I mean, I’m not a Super Junior fan or anything, but I heard Donghae and Yesung are both really handsome in person. . .

I turned off the water and dried myself with a towel.

Maybe I’m just overthinking this. I should just help them out and forget this whole thing. It’s not like one of them is gonna fall in love with me, or me to them. And-

Niga animyeon andwae
Neo eobsin nan andwae
Na ireoke haru handareul tto illyeoneul

I caught my breath and I listened to that voice. It was husky yet gentle. It’s really . . . mesmerizing.

Na apado joha
Nae mam dachyeodo joha nan
Geurae nan neo hanaman saranghanikka

I finished putting on my clothes and walked into the bedroom. Donghae was clapping while Yesung continued singing from the table. I leaned against the wall and tried to comprehend how a stuffed cat was performed a live performance of his song in my bedroom.

And it isn’t just any cat- it’s Super Junior’s “art-like voice” Yesung. . .

He finished the song and smirked at me.

“You see, this is the first step to falling for me. Listening to me singing this song, no one would be able to resist me.” He said confidently.

Donghae just laughed his off on the bed.

“Well you’re a good singer and all but I’m not gonna fall for an arrogant diva like you.” I sat on the bed and started combing my hair and looked at the clock.

1:30 AM…

“’Good’ singer? I think you mean great! I’m one of the greatest singers in the whole Korean peninsula!”
“Hyung, just let it be. You have to accept that I’m a better singer than you are.”
“By the way, I haven’t heard you sing yet.” I told Donghae as I tucked myself in. 
“Uhh… You’d rather not.” He chuckled nervously.
“Yeah Donghae! You should sing, too! Maybe you could sing ‘Just Like Now’! I’ll do Ryeowook’s part and you do yours.” Yesung suggested as he jumped onto the bed. 
“Um. An-sshi, you should get some rest. You still have a schedule at five in the morning tomorrow, right?”
“Come on Donghae, just one song?” I pleaded and he sighed in defeat.
Just one.” He smiled.

The loneliness of nights alone
The search for strength to carry on
My every hope has seemed to die
My eyes had no more tears to cry

Well he was . . . Cute. What can I say? His accent was cute and he sounded good.

You are my everything
Nothing your love won't bring
My life is yours alone
The only love I've ever known

But for some reason there was this kind of sad feeling. He was singing so sincerely. . .

“Done! Now you have to go to sleep.” He finished the song quickly and laid down on the left side of pillow, next to my head.
“That was a beautiful song, Donghae-sshi~” I teased as he buried his stuffed face into the pillow.
“Sure. Complement him and tell one of the main vocals of Super Junior that he’s, a “good singer”.” Yesung pouted and fixed his place on the other side of the pillow.
“Alright~ You’re a great singer, too, Jong Woon-sshi.” I smiled and closed my eyes.
He chuckled a bit before saying “Goodnight.”

 

I dragged my feet as I looked around the empty street, sighing.

“There’s no way we’ll find anything helpful here…” I groaned and leaned on the ruined brick wall. “Where are we anyway?”
“We’ll find something… Eventually…” A husky voice came from my bag, and a little stuffed cat head popped out. It yawned and rubbed its eyes before looking up at me with a pout.
“Why are you looking at me like that?”
“Like what?” I yawned.
“Like I just did something bad. It’s not my fault we’re not finding anything”
“Yeah~ It’s not Hyung’s fault even after he said that we’d probably find some clues by looking at the least visited place in Seoul.” The dinosaur poked its head out and grinned at me. “Morning!”
Yesung hit Donghae in the back of the head, while Donghae just stuck his tongue out.

“It wasn’t MY idea that we come here at six in the morning. And I just thought that since everything was turning out like it was taken from a fairytail book, we might as well do what the heroes do.” Yesung said confidently.
“And which book tells us to search in a place where there are no signs of living people?”

Yesung scoffed and started mumbling like a little child.

After a few more hours of walking around the quiet alley, I yawned and stretched, trying to loosen a few muscles at my back and thinking that maybe there isn’t any hope left here, when a blonde man appeared out of nowhere.

He was standing in the distance, kicking a rock and smoking a cigarette. Weird… Who’d come to this place just to smoke? Heck, who’d even come here in the first place? Wait… I think I've seen this in a movie before...

“Lei An-sshi! Isn’t that the guy from yesterday?” Donghae questioned.
I squinted my eyes and tried to see the man who was a few meters away from us while keeping myself out of his line of sight…
The same purple suit, the same hat…

“Yeah… That is him.”
“See! I told you we’d find something here!” Yesung jumped in joy.

But just because we found someone here does it mean that he’s connected to this whole thing… right? 

A few moments later, he threw the cigarette to the ground and stepped on in. I quickly held my breath when he looked my way for a second then to his side. He smiled and raised his hand.

“Yo! Long time no see!” He greeted to the silhouette approaching him.

I squinted my eyes a bit more and tried to make out who it was. Donghae pulled on my shirt and whispered something.

“Lei An-sshi… That’s…”