Schedule

A Dinosaur or A Cat?

 

“That’s—“
“Mr. Lee Soo Man~ I’m so glad you could squeeze in a few minutes in your busy schedule for an abandoned man like me.”  The man in the purple suit grinned sheepishly, almost sarcastically, while the man who approached him groaned.

Lee Soo Man…? I’ve heard about him… He’s supposed to be the boss of SM Entertainment; one of the biggest entertainment companies in Korea… And these guys…

I looked down at the two dolls looking intently at Soo Man’s direction.

“That’s your boss, right?”
“Yeah… But we have no idea why he’s here…”
“Is that so…” I looked back at the man.

Soo Man was wearing a smart suit, as you’d expect from a business man. He had a few wrinkles on his face, signifying his age, and was wearing black-rimmed glasses. He looked impatient and discontented.

“Just tell me why you’ve called me out again. I have no time for idle chit-chat.” Soo Man stated sternly.

The guy in the purple suit smirked and walked towards Soo Man a bit.

“Well, you better be prepared to make room from your ‘official’ schedule then, Mr. Lee.”
“What are you talking about?”
“Oh nothing~ It’s just that one of your underlings screwed up and those two are now nowhere to be found.”
“WHAT?!”

I quickly shoved my bag down and hid myself.

“Ya! Jong Woon you babo!” I quietly scolded.
“Can’t you control yourself babo? It’s a good thing you and Soo Man yelled the same thing… Maybe they didn’t notice…” Donghae whispered.

I peeked back and saw Soo Man grabbing the purple suit man by the collar. I sighed and tried to calm my racing heart… God… Seriously, I feel like my heart’s gonna jump out of my chest and run away.

“We should get out of here while we can…” I stood up and quickly sprinted away from that place.
“But shouldn’t we try to find out—“
“No.”

I closed my bag and continued walking.

 

By ‘those two’ did he mean Donghae and Yesung? If he did, then that would mean Soo Man’s got something to do with this… And once they find out I’m involved in this…



 

I sighed and flopped on the chair. The two dolls jumped out of my bag; Donghae proceeded to sitting on the chair’s armrest while Yesung walked away.

“Where are you going?”
“Someplace to think…”

Donghae and I watched as Yesung walked to the bedroom.

“It’s alright. He gets like that sometimes.”
“Thanks for the reassurance…” I weakly smiled.

I know he’s confused… But so am I. I’m not even supposed to be part of this but thanks to my curiosity, I am.

“Lei An-sshi… Are you alright?”
“Mm… It’s just… Lee Soo Man, huh?”
Donghae nodded.
“He’s supposed to be one of Korea’s most influential person, huh?”
Donghae nodded.
“And he’s a multi-billionare..”
Donghae nodded.
“And he has like a thousand bodyguards if he plans on disposing someone…”

I could almost collapse in depression if I wasn't already sitting down...

“Not really a thousand… Just a few hundred maybe.” Donghae corrected.
“Ahh.. I’m doomed.” I slumped in my seat.
“It’s alright! We can do this! All we have to do is figure out another way to get out of this before we get caught, right?” He grinned.
“If only I was as optimistic as you…”
“Well we can just ask the fortune teller again, right? You don’t have any sched—“

My phone wailed and I quickly answered it.

“Lei An, you didn’t forget you had a schedule today, did you? I’m on my way there and I should be arriving in about 5 minutes so get ready.”

Oh… Snap…

“Y-yeah I didn’t forget! Don’t worry! I-I’m gonna get ready now! R-right now!”

I quickly hang up the phone and sighed.

“Mian, Donghae-sshi… I can’t go anywhere today… I have a photoshoot…”
“It’s alright. We can go tomorrow!” He smiled.

Somehow this guy is always able to smile and continue on… It’s really contagious.

I just smiled back and put on a pair of jeans and wore a sweater over my blouse. A few minutes later, I heard a car pulling up, and someone blowing the horn.

“I’m coming!” I called from inside the house. Donghae jumped in my bag and looked around for a bit.

“Yesung-hyung!” He called out but there was no reply. I groaned.
“I’ll get him.” Then cue another beep from Sae Yoo’s car outside.
“Just a minute!”

I quickly made my way to the bedroom and looked around. I spotted the cat toy lounging by the window, looking at who knows where… Woah, he looks so… Emo..

“Jong Woon-sshi~ Let’s go.” I called to him but he didn’t reply. He’s probably confused, just like Donghae said. I mean, if anyone found out that their boss had something to do with this bizarre thing that happened to them… Just this thing happening to them is already confusing. I’m surprised the three of us are still sane.

I walked towards him and sat in front of him.

“Jong Woon-sshi~ It’s alright. I’m sure your boss had a good reason to—“
“Babo.”
I blinked.
“Eh…?”
 Did he just call me an idiot after I tried to comfort him?
“Neon baboya.” He faced me, calling me an idiot again.
“If you’re working for a company like SM, the most you should expect is your boss stabbing you in the back and probably leaving you and your group in the bottom of his priority list.”
“B-but then why are you…?”
“You’re really an idiot.”
“Ya! Stop calling me that!”
“But that’s because you are.”
“You—You’re really--!”

*BEEEEEEEP*

I sighed, grabbed Yesung, walked to the living room, grabbed my bag, and walked out of the house. I spotted Sae Yoo’s car parked nearby and I quickly hopped on.

“Let go of me—“ I stuffed Yesung into my bag and closed the car door.

“Ne…. ne… I understand. Ne…” Sae Yoo muttered before putting down her phone and sighing.
“That your boss?”
“Yeah…”
“What did he want?”
“Someone from the company messed up an important list and I have to deal with it.” She sighed and looked at me.
“What’s with that look?”
“Nothing.”

With that, Sae Yoo pulled the car back and started driving towards the filming site.

“Which is where again…?”
“Busan.”
“Wait—what?!”
“I thought you remembered?”
“I did it’s just… I was planning on doing something in Seoul…”
“Well, you’ll just have to do it when we get back.”

Sae Yoo sternly said as she continued driving. I sighed and patted my bag.

“Mian~” I whispered.



 

After a few hours of driving, we finally arrive at a huge open field. There were tools and staffs everywhere, those cameras that were operated by a mechanical thing that looked like a tow-er were set up here and there and lights were placed around the field. Sae Yoo and I walked to a shaded place nearby.

“Yo! Sorry we’re late.” Sae Yoo greeted the stylists while I just bowed.
“I just hope the reason you’re late is because AnNa was perfecting her lines.” One of the stylists joked.
“Wait… Lines…? I thought it was a photoshoot?”
“Aish, so you did forget. That drama we talked about a few months back is what we’re gonna start filimg today… You did memorize your lines, didn’t you?”
“O-of course—“
“She didn’t.” Another stylist stuck out her tongue and held me by the shoulders.

“Alright AnNa-sshi, since we love you and all, you sit here and take a look the script while we work on your hair and makeup, okay?” She seated me down in front of those make-up mirrors and gave me a collection of scripts.
“Kamsahamnida…”
“Ah~ Alright! Let’s start!”

This drama… As far as I could remember it’s a romantic drama and I’d be filming it with a male lead… Who was it again…? Who…

“Annyeonghaseyo!”