A Price To Pay

On the Way to Kyusung Day ♥

Prompt 2

A Price to Pay

Imagine your otp fighting over who should pay the check for dinner

규성

Kyuhyun wipes his mouth and the last bit of chocolate strawberry cheesecake blisters his tongue from the sweetness of it, and he is pretty sure it clings to his teeth and will be a recipe for cavities if he should be neglectful and forget to brush his teeth that evening, but he would be a liar if he said it wasn’t the most satisfying thing he had all night and he had quite a lot.

He looks across the table in the daintily at the man delicately at chocolate and he thinks that maybe there is still sweetness left untouched and joys to be explored.

Yesung looks up from his cake and his eyes flash is satisfaction and Kyuhyun chuckles since he knows that is linked to the cake and nothing else.

Kyuhyun’s blood boils at the sight of him.

 It’s not just lust, though that is never far from his mind when he spends his days with someone as attractive as Yesung, perpetually washed by the fires of desire. That he thinks would be less troublesome if his heart didn’t into twist into affectionate painful knots, heart thumping in love and he just doesn’t know what to do with the emotions even after so long together.

He stares at the man is mild fascination, watching his every delicate beautiful movement, despite the fact that there really was nothing delicate about the way he ate his cake, decidedly enjoying every sinful bite of it, making slightly inappropriate sounds though he was trying his best to be less vocal, Kyuhyun sitting back and his lips, tasting sweetness and excitement and best of all contentment.

He is only drawn from his musings and decidedly pleasant show when the the paper thin wood framed door of the very exclusive, very private restaurant that they were having dinner at slides open to reveal their butler for the night, still smartly dressed and expressionless, which was supposed to be the appeal of the overpriced place to begin with.

Discretion and non-judgement, so exclusive that Kyuhyun had to wait a month for his request to be processed  and a special back entrance that could only be entered at a specific time so as to avoid meeting with anyone  else at the exclusive establishment, met at the door by a single attendant and passed through specific ancient corridors, damply lit until they are led to a fairly large well decorated room, overhead chandeliers and fine art, hand crafted intricate table and two chairs at the centre, lit candles, romantic and very well put together.

He had wanted to have dinner with Yesung in a romantic place for so long that now that it had happened, it felt like a dream.

The butler walks over to Kyuhyun and places the cheque on the table, refuses to look at them, out of tiredness maybe, but Kyuhyun figures he had been instructed to not look at the guest at the establishment as part of his employment contract.

Kyuhyun can’t help wonder the secrets the walls must hold as the man turns shapely and walks away, leaving them to the privacy that they desired.

Kyuhyun turns away from the décor and his hand stretches for the cheque, only to find it missing, eyes lifting to find Yesung staring down at the figure, face drawn tightly and Kyuhyun could figure out that he was probably just shocked at the price tag.

There was no deposit made, least there is difficulty later as is the usual case. The establishment was a hotspot for secret celebrity or political liaisons, where secrecy and discretion came at a startling price, likely in the thousands.

He knew it would be substantial, but even now, he feels like it would have been worth it.

“This is a lot” Yesung says when he looks upwards, eyes drawn in that surprised sort of way that Kyuhyun always finds attractive and adorable.

“But, I suppose the cake is worth it” Yesung laughs then, breaking the silence of the room and Kyuhyun smiles at him.

Of course it is all about the cake, Yesung still staring down at the chocolate strains, smiling at Kyuhyun in that happy sort of way that made this day so special.

Kyuhyun expects Yesung to hand over the cheque but he doesn’t. In fact he places it on the table next to him and then reaches into his jacket pocket, extracting his wallet and Kyuhyun halts.

“What are you doing Hyung?” Kyuhyun asks quickly, eying the man in a measure of incredulity, not sure why Yesung was now pulling out his credit card, the older man actually startled at the question, ceasing for a split second before he chuckles.

“What does it look like I am doing?” Yesung ask as he placed his credit card in the lodge and smiled at Kyuhyun, eyes sparkling and filled with humour.

“No. Don’t do that” Kyuhyun says immediately, shaking his head at the actions of the older man.

Why on earth was he doing that? Didn’t he realize that Kyuhyun was the one that was responsible for the evening?

“Pretty sure if we don’t pay we’ll get arrested Kyuhyunnie” Yesung laughs, eyes bright and teasing, clearly amused at something and entirely missing the reason for Kyuhyun’s protest.

“Hyung! I know that” Kyuhyun shakes his head, huffing a little, hating that he got side tracked by Yesung.

“I meant that you can’t pay. I will do it” Kyuhyun clarifies, looking at Yesung intently, making it clear that he is to be the one that paid.

He didn’t need to look at the cheque to know that it was a hefty sum and had booked the restaurant with that knowledge. He wanted to do something nice for the person he loved. Yesung never made a fuss about anything and was always very content to just stay at home in Kyuhyun’s now larger dorm room, watching movies on their laptops and stealing kisses on a small bed.

Kyuhyun couldn’t say that he hated their existence. Once he was with the person he loved, he knew that had to count for something. He took great pleasure in spending that time with Yesung, but even so he was a little greedy.

He wanted so much more.

He wanted to show Yesung that they could have a nice wonderfully romantic and exciting life. The hiding honestly got very tiresome after a while and whilst there was something to value about the monotony of their lives there was a measure of staleness as well.

When he dated before the shine would always wear off after a while and it would get tiresome hiding and dodging and it was just not worth it. Now, even with so much to lose and even more restrictions he finds himself just that more in love, willing to make very possible sacrifice to be with the person he loved.

 It taught him that it was possible to feel just as light headed with the thousandth kiss as he did with the very first one,  that he can feel his chest flutter just from cuddling on a warm day on a too small bed.

That didn’t mean that he had forgotten that there was more to a relationship.

 Maybe Yesung wanted to be spoilt sometimes too. He wanted his boyfriend to feel love and appreciation, wanted him to have wonderful memories of something other than a stuffy room and his gorgeous face.

 It was good to spoil him and remind him that there was more out there, that they wouldn’t have to hide in the dark forever.

He supposed an ultra-exclusive establishment that they had to be treated like spies to enter was not the best example of light but it was simply for the effect. It was to be in a nice place and be allowed to just be with each other in that way. They could have gone to a regular five star restaurant but Kyuhyun supposed, two men in a romantic environment staring at each other with love and affection and holding hands may have led to some unwanted rumours, so it was best to avoid that.

This was the best solution and Kyuhyun was more than willing to pay. In fact, he was duty bound to pay!

“No, it’s alright. I will do it” Yesung dismisses with a wave of his hand, putting to rest Kyuhyun’s complaints.

Kyuhyun already worked hard enough to get everything organized and had to rearrange his schedule for this meeting, even though he was clearly the busier of the two. For his understanding and hard work, and given the fact that he was also a dongsaeng made it clear to Yesung that he should pay.

The very large sum.

“I can’t let you do that. I invited you out. Let me pay” Kyuhyun contradicts immediately, reaching for the cheque book, which was moved away as Yesung actually glares at him a little before he calmed himself.

“Would you stop? I said I would do it. It’s not a big deal” Yesung explains, though he does keep the stupid cheque book close, wondering if the child would continue to be so disobedient, Yesung giving Kyuhyun a sharp look.

Kyuhyun sighs and shakes his head.

 To him it is a big deal, even though it really wasn’t.

He wanted to be the one that took his boyfriend out on a proper date. If Yesung paid, it would not be the same. He was more than capable of taking care of his love, thank you very much!

“Hyung, just let me pay alright” Kyuhyun says seriously, no longer reaching for the bill. That was childish and embarrassing and they were two grown men and this was supposed to be a romantic evening.

Not one spent squabbling over the cheque.

“I am more than capable you know” Yesung responds and there is a hard edge to his voice that Kyuhyun doesn’t like one bit. Not because it’s a little rough, but he can just see the misunderstanding building between them.

He had hurt Yesung’s pride.

He could kick himself for it. Of course from the way he was behaving Yesung would think that Kyuhyun doubted he could afford it.

They were truthfully not very open about their income.

Kyuhyun always thought it was by circumstance and not design. They didn’t always have the most time in the world to talk to each other, normally late evenings or early mornings and that time was better spent with sweet nothings and warm kisses and whatever more they could have together. Sometimes Yesung would talk about his café and how sales were going or what bothered him about a supplier or if he had a new design that he wanted to launch for Why Style. Sometimes Kyuhyun would tell him about his recordings and songs he had planned and things like that.

Yet it had never devolved into the dollars and cents aspects, no figures or earnings.

Kyuhyun however had enough insight into Super Junior and their general contracts to know that the older man earned a respectable amount and would not be so rude as to imply that he couldn’t afford to pay for dinner, regardless to its price.

It was not an issue, but Yesung was a man too and his pride would be hurt if it were said that the couldn’t afford it.

“I know you are, but I still want to pay” Kyuhyun says delicately, not wanting to make this a fight when there was no need for it to be so. It was just a stupid bill and the end to an otherwise wonderful evening.

Yesung had given no trouble and was in fact excited, showing great interest in the restaurant and had dressed very handsomely, had blushed and kissed Kyuhyun’s cheek at home, had talked randomly and cutely, held his hand and even flirted a little bit, getting entirely into the date atmosphere and much to Kyuhyun’s happiness, Yesung seemed to thoroughly enjoy himself.

All they were supposed to do was pay and go home and have Kyuhyun attempt to persuade the older man that he needed to be spoiled in return. Best done with none or limited clothes.

He probably would have succeeded too he thinks.

Now it was turning into a fight that he really didn’t want.

“Kyuhyun, I-“ Yesung began before he was cut off entirely.

Kyuhyun hated when Yesung said his name like that. When it was his name and none of the cute familiarly addresses that he normally attached, normally a “nnie” or “ah” .

It meant that he wanted to speak seriously and that was never a good thing.

“Hyung, please just let me pay. I really wanted to take you out on a date properly. Treat you to something nice. Can’t you let me do that?” Kyuhyun says a little sadly, looking at Yesung with pleading eyes, figuring that he might as well say why rather than going around in circles both just being stubborn and insistent.

If he let Yesung know why he thought he was the one that should be allowed to pay, then the older man would understand his heart and his mind and probably be more inclined to let him pay. It really was a simple thing, but the idea behind it had a lot of meaning to him.

It wasn’t wrong to want to take his boyfriend of more than two years out somewhere nice was it?

“Oh…uhm…are you sure though? It’s a lot” Yesung stutters a little, not sure how to react to what he was hearing.

Really, he thought Kyuhyun was just showing off and being stubborn.

He was the older one and he should be allowed to pay, and it would be a good way to repay Kyuhyun for setting up everything. When Kyuhyun was being insistent, he thought he was just being stubborn, but when he said it was because he wanted to take him out on a date, he had to rethink it.

Kyuhyun was like that he had to admit.

Kyuhyun was always the one that was sorry he couldn’t take it out and go to take restaurants and things like that, so he supposed it would mean a lot to Kyuhyun. He didn’t see why Kyuhyun thought he needed to treat him to such things though. It was not as if he expected Kyuhyun to act that way and certainly, he was the hyung and naturally the one that as required to take care of Kyuhyun at all times.

Kyuhyun though looked so earnest that he couldn’t in good conscience deny him what he wanted.

Yesung relents.

“Yes” Kyuhyun hums happily, this time actually reaching for the jacket containing the bill, Yesung not impeding him this time.

“You can at least let me pay half. It’s expensive” Yesung still propositions, unwilling to just let Kyuhyun foot the bill.

That’s three thousand dollars for one single night. Really?

That was just too much to sit back and let him pay.

“I can afford it too you know” Kyuhyun laughs good-naturedly, smirking at Yesung with ease, this time trying to ease the older man’s mind.  Kyuhyun came with the knowledge that it would be a hefty sum, so he was mentally prepared.

That was why he really could laugh at Yesung’s pride getting him into trouble.

Seriously, if the idiot had any sense he would try to avoid such a bill, not run head first into it. They both made more than enough, but wasting money was stupid. Yesung was an idiot. Too bad Kyuhyun loved him.

“But still-“ Yesung protests, still somewhat uneasy about the whole thing, weary at the price tag left in Kyuhyun’s hand all alone.

 He was Kyuhyun’s hyung, he really ought to help in some way. He benefited from this arrangement the most he knew. It was the first time he felt comfortable to just sit and eat yummy things and hold Kyuhyun’s hand and not be so jumpy that he couldn’t breathe.

It was really nice. He was happy.

“You know I am not kidding when I say I’m rich right?” Kyuhyun says with a wicked smile and casually slides Yesung’s credit card back towards him, replacing it with his and watching as Yesung rolls his eyes at him.

“You really ought to be nicer to me . I am the perfect catch after all” Kyuhyun taunts proudly and this time Yesung actually snorts.

Kyuhyun’s ego is large but it isn’t that size just yet. He just wanted Yesung to laugh a little and for the atmosphere to relax a bit. If he distracted Yesung from the bill better yet. He didn’t want to have to argue with him anymore about it.

“Your ego will stifle you one day. Continue” Yesung warns almost seriously, making a show of his disapproval, but he knows Kyuhyun is joking, especially when he grins and shrugs.

“Next time you will let me pay okay” Yesung says thereafter, Kyuhyun wrinkling his nose at him, obviously still displeased that he was making a fuss over it.

Really?  Couldn’t he just let his boyfriend buy him a meal……..a really expensive meal.

“Oh don’t look at me like that. I am your hyung and-“ Yesung scolds a little, wanting Kyuhyun to understand that he had a responsibility in most instances to take care of him and paying was usually one of those responsibilities.

“No you aren’t. Today I am the love of your life and not just your dongsaeng alright” Kyuhyun interrupts rudely, his voice firm but he does not scold or insist, just giving Yesung a warm look, holding his own anger at the words down, suffocating it.

Yesung still saw him as a dongsaeng subconsciously and he wanted to hit him for failing to see him as a man, and not just a man, but the man that he loved, who loved him, the person he was supposed to share a life with.

He wants to be mad but he could feel that it would be useless now. All he can do was let him understand, even if it for just that evening that Kyuhyun is more than simply a dongsaeng and the same rules didn’t apply.

If he is lucky this evening would help build that level of understanding.

“Don’t be an idiot. Just  be happy some else has to pay an arm and a leg” Kyuhyun laughs quickly, easing whatever tension that was building, Yesung looking at him intently, seemingly considering his previous statement and Kyuhyun didn’t have the courage to let him do so for very long.

There was always the possibility that Yesung would contradict him and he couldn’t bear the thought of it, so he was decidedly set upon being a coward about the whole thing and joke with Yesung until this is left somewhere untouched until the time was right.

He was easing into it not forcing it.

 Yesung would get adjusted eventually just as Kyuhyun had. He didn’t wake up over time and thought of Yesung as his boyfriend and accepted it. It took time. It would eventually happen.

 He just had to wait.

“Yah!” Yesung grumbled, mock glaring at Kyuhyun for being so rude, reaching to pinch his hand, Kyuhyun laughing opposite him, cheque and bill completely forgotten.

“Though…if you really want to….there are other ways you can pay”

The greasy bastard dipped it in every possible suggestion he knew, leering at Yesung, lips pulled into a Cheshire grin and Yesung wanted to bath…….alone….just to get rid of the creepiness….or just the fact that he was still attracted to him……

God help him.

“Nice clothes and expensive restaurants and you’re still just a ” Yesung chastised with a shake of the head, reaching over to flick Kyuhyun on the forehead, watching his face twist in indignation, Yesung laughing.

“Yah!”

규성

The next time the waiter walks into the room with a quick knock he finds the ‘couple’ he was tasked to attend to strangling each other?

Or where they kissing?

And why is he pulling his hair?

Weird people honestly.

 Couldn’t they just have be indecent like the couple in the other room? Murder was something his company did not pay him enough to be party to.

Therefore all he does is retrieve the cheque book from the table, bow at the stunned couple and leave, trying his hardest not to let the –WTF- he felt show on his face.

Thank God these bastards were rich because they sure as hell were insane.

규성

A/N: Can someone who follows me on twitter remind me to post these please? I nearly forgot about it. Thanks :)