The Romance Boat (and Jealous Young Min)

In 2 weeks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Evelyn’s POV

Ice Cream

That was all I could think of

Nothing else

My speakers were on blast, since the walls are sound proof, no one would complain.

I lay on the bed eating buckets of ice cream and taking gulps of water.

My phone started buzzing and I switched it off.

“Uh, I’m going to grow so fat,” I groaned and lay my face onto the pillow.

Suddenly beyond the speakers, I heard someone banging the door and spamming the doorbell.

“GO AWAY!” I yelled in English.

The person kept banging, “DIDN’T I TOLD YOU TO GO AWAY?!” I yelled.

Oh yeah soundproof walls.

I stood up annoyed, my mascara all over my face, I opened the door and without looking at the person I started screaming.

“What the hell do you want? Leave me alone!” I said in English.

I looked up to see a surprised Kwang Min.

I flushed in embarrassment and attempted to close the door but Kwang Min placed his foot blocking the door.

No he can’t see my room! It’s filled with embarrassing posters that Suzie put up!

I kept pushing the door and he pushed back until he pushed the door to the max as I jumbled back he slammed the door and gave me a hug.

I was taken by surprised by his move as he hugged me tightly.

“Kwang Min….?” I said as he hugged me tighter.

I really do love this moment right now but Kwang Min is just starting to suffocate me.

“You’re kinda choking me,” I said smiling a bit.

He quickly let go and blushed, “Sorry,”

“It’s okay,” I said and went to my bed and threw the tissues away, I sniffed, “Sit,” I said patting on the bed and I went to switch off the stereo.

“Sorry for the mess I was just-“

“Crying your eyes out?” Kwang Min said finishing my sentence.

“What no, I was watching some pretty emotional show,” I faked a smile.

“I know about your brother, Suzie told me,” he said as he looked at me smiling softly.

I nodded slowly as I started to frown.

“Your make up,” Kwang Min said wiping some off my face.

“Oh,” I just realized.

God I’m talking to him when I look like a mess.

“Don’t get your hands dirty,” I said looking at make-up smudges on his finger.

I looked around looking for tissues.

“Darn it, I used all of them,” I said

“Evelyn-“

“I’ll be right back,” I said and dashed off to the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

I looked horrible.

I washed my make-up off and wiped the water off with a towel and took some tissues.

I went out of the bathroom and passed Kwang Min some tissues.

“Here clean your fingers,” I said as I started collecting the tissues on the bed and floor.

“Your room is…cute,” he said as I placed my eyes focused onto the ground.

EMBARASSING MUCH?

 “I’m sorry, Suzie made a replica of my D&T project when I was 16,” I said speed collecting the tissues.

“Here let me help you,” he said and helped to pick up the ice cream boxes, after cleaning up my room, I sat down next to Kwang Min fatigue.

“I just realized, you look prettier without make-up,” I blushed and looked away.

“Anyways you want to talk?” I asked looking at him.

“Yeah, about your brother what happened?” he asked awkwardly.

“It’s okay, if it’s too personal,” Kwang Min said raising his hands up.

“No, I think it’s time someone should know,” I said smiling sadly.

“It all started out when I was 14, my brother was 5 years older than me, he was 19 in Malaysia it was his last year of his IB studies before he goes to America, something happened, he disappeared, he just vanished he never came home, after that we found him in a car crash and then after a day in the hospital he left, the nurses have no idea where he went, he left a note for me saying, ‘Evelyn my annoying sister, I’m sorry I turned out like this, I want the words I spoke to happen, like to say that you’re 18 and growing old and laugh with you like always but now you’re not even close to 18, I remember when it was like yesterday when we both were laughing away on the lounge together, I miss you and I’m sorry I have to go and leave you,’ I don’t understand what it meant but I cried and cried and cried, my life has been so boring and sad since, I have no one to tell everything too, no one to laugh with naturally, someone that actually understands me and the most important person in my life just disappears in my life and I can’t help to think that…it’s over, the time I grew older, I always thought, I shouldn’t have argued with him when I was a little girl, but it was too late, he was gone, I couldn’t even find ways to apologize to him, when I was 18 in America, I didn’t go back to celebrate the New Years with my family, it wasn’t complete, so I stayed in and cried the whole night, but the good thing is he sent me mails of his stupid little puns, every year with different address, when I tried to find him with those, the people said there was no one living there, he used to take care of me, make stupid jokes that doesn’t even make sense, I taught him stuff, he taught me stuff, day by day I grow more mature he grows the opposite but it can’t help to make me laugh when I think of it, because we fought a lot when we were younger we both became more open when I became 11, when I was 13 the feeling when he called me ‘baby sister,’ ‘younger sister,’ or just ‘sister’ would bring a big smile to my face, now I can’t hear any of that anymore, it’s just something I’m trying hard to ignore,” I finished overflowing with emotions and started to cry more.

Kwang Min without saying anything hugged me, “I thought my brother was more emotional,”

“He is,” I said still crying as Kwang Min hugged me tighter.

“No matter what, I’m still here, I’m your friend now, you can rely on me, the guys and Suzie,” he said twirling my hair.

“I’m sorry if I wet your shirt,” I said burying my face onto his chest still crying.

“It’s okay, when you go to America, I can say this shirt is when Evelyn poured her feelings onto, this is my favorite shirt now,” he said as I began to calm down.

“Cheese ball,” I said pushing him and wiping my tears.

“Come here,” he said pulling me into his arms again.

“If it makes you laugh, I’ll be the cheesiest cheese ball in the whole wide world,” he said placing his c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter