Chapter 4

The Prince and the Assassin

The men stared at each other in surprise, both lost for words as the people around them murmured and whispered why this so special.

Chansung held a smug expression, knowing exactly the special relationship the men shared although cut short for secret reasons, unbeknown to both of the men staring at each other, lost in the own world.

Surprising everyone the prince sank to his knees and hugged the bound man. Fighting back the tears, Taek wanted to hold the other just as he was himself in the princes’ arms and he fought the ropes around his wrists furiously trying to release himself.

Noticing the struggle Nichkhun lowered his hands to the ropes and pulled, in a flash arms circled his torso, pressing closer into each other.

Wooyoung looked on in surprise and anger. ‘What’s happening here?’ ‘Why the hell did they want Taecyeon and why was he hugging the prince?’ so many questions flooded his head but no answered returned as he watched the men stand, still embracing each other.

Nichkhun spoke first; his voice strained through the tears, ’I’ve missed you so much’, and gripped the other further, also earning a reply from the man ‘Me too’

‘Shall we move on to our final event?’ the announcer spoke after returning to the stage.

The two men split from each other and Chansung gave them both instructions telling them what would be happening now. Taek was lead away through the entrance to the palace while Nichkhun sat back in his seat wiping his tears with the sleeve of his suit.

Wooyoung looked on, totally confused with what had happened and also his plans had been drastically changed. He had to know why Taecyeon was involved with this and how he knew the murderous prince. Why was this all confusing? He asked himself.

‘We will now begin the choosing, will the first maiden please come out’

From there each girl that came out wishing to be the princes’ princess, showing off their beauty and attributes even some of there renowned skills failed miserably. Each of them sobbing there heart out after the prince dismissed them with such a look that could make anyone feel miserable about themselves.

But only one thing was on his Nichkhun's mind right now and that was Taecyeon. Right now he wanted to go to him and hold him forever. Right now he wanted to now everything about him. Right now he wanted to know why the only person that had made him who is was was taken from him. Right now…

He wanted to know why his brother was exiled by his own father.