Chapter 5

The Prince and the Assassin

The crowd had dispersed, leaving a few who lingered for social and personal reasons.

The ceremony ended abruptly because of the princes reluctance, upsetting the royals who wanted to match make the newly aged 21 year old man with his suitable princess but sadly it would have to wait another day.

Wooyoung looked on from his pedestal, his hand still clutching the covered metal in his holster with anger at the change of plans. He had planned for months how he would do the vengeful deed and also had planned his escape but with the sudden turn of events he was confused.

He watched as the stage was dismantled, each piece of wood like a piece of his heart, his plan had failed, although, something felt different.

Wooyoung thought about how he could use this new course of events to his advantage. As he watched on, he separated his mind from his body, focusing on a new plan of actions, and then, he had it.

By comparison, his first plan was perfect, flawless even, that’s if the Taek incident didn’t arise, but the new plan, it needed to be tweaked and cleaned for it to be the best it could be but he could start as soon as.

Wrapping the long coat around his body, covering the weapons perfectly, the boy pushed himself from the podium and landed on his feet with no problem at all.

Although the prince had made his exit awhile ago, his servant had held back to help with the cleaning up or rather he was told to help clean up from what Wooyoung had seen and so his plan had begun.

Wooyoung eyed the butler who was carrying big pieces of wood, and dropping them off into a wooden cart connected to a horse. Only a few other people were helping with the dismantling which gave a perfect cover for Wooyoung’s new proceedings.

The wannabe assassin headed towards the east gate where the horse and cart was, making sure if anyone spotted him he would just look like a normal civilian heading home.

About halfway to the east gate, he the left pocket of his worn jeans, producing a small invention he created which he palmed, covering the cold metal. He watched the butler yet again pick up a newly dismantled piece of wood and headed towards the cart again.

Just as the man was about to place the plank into the cart, Wooyoung flicked his wrist, releasing the small object that was now hurtling towards the cart and finally making contact with a rope which held the back part of the cart together and snapping it in two, releasing all of the carts contents.

The servant watched through his appending death until a strong jolt threw him aside out of the way before the heavy pieces of wood could crush him although he realised there was something soft and heavy on top of him.

-----

Chansung opened his eyes which he didn’t know he had shut in the first place and peered at the figure above him.

‘‘Are you ok?’’ the other man asked.

‘‘I’m…I- I think I’m fine, although shaken. T-Thanks for uh…saving me’’ his heart beating furiously in his chest from the sudden near death experience but also from the man above him, suddenly aware of how gorgeous the man was.

He was hauled upwards after the other man stood up, and the others hands brushed and patted his clothes releasing the trapped dirt.

The other workers gathered around him making sure he was ok but he only recognised the man in front of him. His smile was intoxicating, his skin a porcelain white wanting to be touched and his eyes, how deep and mesmerizing that he could just look and drown into all day. 365 days a year.

“What’s going on here?’’ called a guard which heard the commotion.

“This young fellow just saved master Chansung, it was incredible. He was so fast!” called one of the workers with all the other nodding in agreement.

“Is this correct, master Chansung?” the guard asked, slight worry in his voice as he noticed the man in a daze. “Master Chansung?”

Although he could hear the guard, Chansung wanted to reply although his mind was still set on the man before him, and then again his saviour spoke.

“I think he is just shocked is all” and he patted him on the back surprising him. “I saw the cart breaking and instinct just took over”

His voice was pure euphoria to the ‘said’ shocked mans ears. The only other voice that could make him feel this way was Nichkhun’s but he has gotten so used to it that it doesn’t affect him as much anymore until they had there ‘special nights’ together.

He finally decides to speak as everyone relaxes his voice still breathless and shaken.

“I think a r-reward is in order for s-saving my l-life,” he directs to his hero, who was now standing next to the cart that nearly killed him. “What do you desire, my h-hero?” the last word had struggled to get out, unsure what the man would think.

He watched the man kicking a few of the deathly planks, believing that the man was thinking of what he wanted and then stopped and turned towards Chansung.

“I want to serve the prince”