Chapter Two

The Cutie And The Brain
Please log in to read the full chapter

Standing at the front of the room was Eric Cross, my biggest rival. We went to school together ever since he moved into a house down the street in fourth grade. All my memories are of him constantly trying to be better than me. Well, others were of me thinking about how hot he'd be if he didn't turn everything we did into a competition , but that's besides the point. I was so relieved when I found out we'd be attending different universities, because, honestly, university is stressful enough as it is and I didn't need him adding to the stress and pressure. All the relief I'd felt at out high school graduation was gone now.

                Our professor didn't bother to get Eric to introduce himself since he was late (and no one really cared who he was), he just told him to take a seat. Being the annoying person he was, Eric chose to sit right beside me. "Hey Bethany," he said smiling brightly and looking as if he was really glad to see me. I ignored him looked straight ahead. "Oh come on, is this the kind of greeting I deserve?" he asked me.

    "No," I replied looking straight into his eyes "You don't deserve a greeting at all."

  "Touché. first you push past me at the door and now that 'm sitting beside you, you're still being cold towards me. I don't see why you were so surprised when I walked in, because you did see me standing outside."

      I felt so stupid for not recognizing hi

Please log in to read the full chapter