Blue Forget-Me-Nots

More Than Friends

Hellow hellow!! I’m back this week \o/ with another chapter. It’s kinda boring so just… yeah bear with me. But hey I watched SHOWTIME ep 3 and it was hilarious guys. Omg Hyunseungahhhh wae do this to us, he is so funny and I just cannottttttt. Don’t even get me started on Doojoon eating alone and hugging Lee Joon and never let him go. LOLS hilarious. Anyways, happy reading. Comments are always loved <333

 

 

 

 

Yoseob did not know what his emotions – and the actions which were connected to his emotions – should be at the moment. He honestly did not know what he should do right now. He could hear some swooning and excited whispers from the nurses around him.

 

 

There Yoon Doojoon was, dashingly handsome in his dark jeans and long-sleeved blue plaid shirt, waiting coolly at the hospital corridor. He did not come empty-handed – although Yoseob hoped the older man would – there was a bouquet of blue forget-me-nots in his hands, the stems tied neatly together with natural-coloured hemp.

 

 

“Seonsaengnim, a man named Yoon Doojoon is looking for you.” Yoonmi, a really pretty nurse, said to Yoseob and blushed at the mention of Doojoon’s name. Yoseob nodded and smiled kindly at her, he could very well understand how people subconsciously blushed when they thought of Yoon Doojoon.

 

 

“Thanks, Noona. I’ll be right with him. Sorry for the bother.” Yoseob bowed a little.

 

 

Yoonmi looked slightly flustered, “No, no, not at all. Um, can I ask you one question?”

 

 

Yoseob nodded, he could bet his whole life the question would be about Yoon Doojoon.

 

 

A fresh pretty blush crept on her face, “Is Doojoon-sshi your friend?”

 

 

Yoseob nodded and laughed a little, “Yes, I would think he is.”

 

 

“Okay,” Yoonmi nodded thoughtfully, her blush deepened when she asked, “Do you know if he is still available?”

 

 

Yoseob raised his eyebrow in amusement and Yoonmi had never felt more embarrassed in her whole life, “It’s not just me, but the whole team – Sunmi, Jungah, Taehee, Dahae, and a few others – we were… we are just wondering if... I mean it’s okay if you don’t feel comfortable sharing this with us, but we are just curious. He is quite dashing and all, so we are just…” Yoonmi did a few absurd gestures with her hands that were greatly amusing.

 

 

Yoseob was an inch away to telling Yoonmi and the girls to back off because Doojoon was not available right now, at least not physically, but then Yoseob could be wrong because although they did sleep together most of the time, they had never established themselves to be exclusive. Yoseob did not sleep with anyone else because he already had Doojoon, but Doojoon could be sleeping with whomever he wanted to because he only had Yoseob. Yoseob realized he did not know the answer to the question.

 

 

Because Yoseob did not know, so he frowned – it was more of a natural instinct to frown when he did not know the answer. “I don’t know, actually. But I can ask him, I think.” Yoseob’s frown deepened because now on top of not knowing the answer, he was unsure.

 

 

“Is that really okay?” Yoonmi beamed, “I mean, I don’t want you to become awkward with him or anything like that, so if this is such a hassle, you shall not trouble yourself with this.”

 

 

Yoseob smiled, “Not at all. I am curious of that myself.”

 

 

Yoonmi held Yoseob’s hands in hers in gratitude before scurrying away to tend to another patient.

 

 

=&=

 

 

Yoseob watched in amusement as Doojoon waved excitedly when he walked towards the older man at the bright and warm hospital corridor.

 

 

“Hello.” Yoseob laughed.

 

 

“Hi.” Doojoon grinned and handed Yoseob the lovely bouquet of flowers. “This is for you.”

 

 

Yoseob feigned shock as he widened his eyes and gasped, “Wow. This is pretty.” He smelled the flowers, it was sweet and fresh. “What’s the occasion?”

 

 

Doojoon shrugged nonchalantly, but the happy grin was still there, “Nothing. I just thought of visiting you, that’s all. Seeing you in your natural environment –”

 

 

“Me in my natural environment?” Yoseob chuckled, “I sound like a panda.”

 

 

“– with clothes.” Doojoon added.

 

 

Yoseob smirked teasingly, “What? You don’t like me ? My skin flushing red, as red as my swollen-kissed lips?”

 

 

“Oh god,” Doojoon groaned, “Don’t start. I’m here completely on an innocent purpose of visiting you, not for a romp-a-hump-hump.”

 

 

“We can use one of the empty rooms for a quickie if you –“

 

 

“Jesus Christ, none of that now.” Doojoon rolled his eyes and rubbed his face with his hand, “I don’t want to see you , I don’t want a quickie, I want none of those. I just want to see you and your workplace and if you are overworked, if you are stressed out. Is there anything wrong with just wanting to visit and nothing else?”

 

 

“Nope, nothing is wrong with that.” Yoseob answered.

 

 

“There we go. Thank you.” Doojoon hugged the younger man briefly, squeezing the smaller frame in his warm embrace.

 

 

Yoseob laughed and hit Doojoon’s back, “Dude, what’s with the hug? You don’t have to be so drama. Are you here for long or…?”

 

 

Doojoon looked at his watch, it was twelve past three in the afternoon. He was twelve minutes late for his meeting. “Yeah, I have a few hours to kill. Nothing much is going on at the office, anyway.”

 

 

“Are you sure?” Yoseob stared at the older man in suspicion.

 

 

“Uh-huh… It’s not like I have a meeting at three or anything.” Doojoon said, chuckling awkwardly.

 

 

Yoseob gawked in disbelief, “Oh my god. Are you having a three o’clock?”

 

 

“Nope.” Doojoon shook his head. He had already informed his secretary of his absence fifteen minutes before three, so he had the rest of the days free. Yay for him.

 

 

Yoseob narrowed his eyes. They stared at each other for a few seconds before Yoseob conceded and asked Doojoon to come with him to his office. “Okay, fine. But you have to obey me, there are rules in here and you should oblige to them.”

 

 

Doojoon nodded with a grin and followed obediently. He was just like a happy puppy.

 

 

“Okay, so first you gotta change.” Yoseob threw a clean white tee shirt and a pair of loose sweatpants to Doojoon’s direction as the younger man arranged the pretty blue forget-me-nots into a tall drinking glass filled with fresh water.

 

 

Doojoon, and his quick reflexes, caught both clothing articles before they unattractively hit his face. He unfolded the tee shirt and frowned in confusion, “Why am I changing? What is this for?”

 

 

“We are playing soccer and there is no way you are playing in whatever you are wearing.” Yoseob said as he walked – and led Doojoon – to the nearest men’s room to change.

 

 

“Why are we suddenly playing soccer?” Doojoon asked while following the direction Yoseob was heading to. 

 

 

Yoseob stopped and turned back to look at Doojoon, “Because it is Thursday and it is three. We are already late, thanks to you. So we gotta chop-chop.”

 

 

“Yes, Sir.” Doojoon straightened his back and nodded his head seriously. Yoseob was almost as scary as his instructor in the ROK Naval Army. 

 

 

“Good.” Yoseob pushed Doojoon into the men’s room and inside a cubicle before he went into the cubicle next to Doojoon’s. “I’ll see you outside in five.”

 

 

=&=

 

 

Doojoon could not stop sniffing himself. He smelled like Yang Yoseob – Yoseob’s clothes smelled like Yang Yoseob. They are new and clean, but there was this distinct smell that was absolutely Yoseob and Doojoon smelled like that now because he was wearing Yoseob’s clothes – and sweat pants. He needed to ask Yoseob later why would he have another extra set of clean clothes (other than the one Yoseob was wearing now) in the office, and Doojoon hoped hard Yoseob would not say because a lot of his (hopefully) previous lovers came over to visit him at the hospital.

 

 

Doojoon liked the hospital Yoseob worked in. It was a women and children’s hospital, relatively small compared to other international hospitals, but modern and really clean. What Doojoon liked the most was the green-grassed yard at the back of the hospital with lots of trees and a small fish pond. There were a few patients at the backyard, just enjoying the spring breeze and bright afternoon sun. Yoseob told him it was meant for relaxation, mostly for new mothers after a strenuous labour process.  

 

 

At the other side, there was a group of little kids, kicking and passing a soccer ball around. There were a few of them – ten or twelve kids – who looked like they enjoyed themselves immensely despite the fact that all of them wore hospital attires – cotton top and cotton pants which looked like pajamas – and undoubtedly were hospital patients themselves.

 

 

One of them looked over to Yoseob (and Doojoon) and immediately ran towards the younger man with a happy grin on his face. “Hyunggggg!!!!”

 

 

Yoseob laughed, loud and genuine as he bent down and hugged the small boy tightly, “Hello Minjun-ah. Are you okay?”

 

 

The small boy nodded while Yoseob pushed back Minjun’s sweaty bangs aside.

 

 

“Perfect,” Yoseob said and motioned to Doojoon who was standing beside him, “This is Doojoon Hyung. Say hello to him.” 

 

 

Minjun frowned and stared at Doojoon for a bit as if scanning the strange man who stood beside Yoseob. Doojoon stared back, trying to hold back a smile which was trying to force its way onto his face.

 

 

Minjun bowed down politely, with both hands on his stomach – because that was how his Eomma told him to greet someone older – and said, “Hello, Doojoon Ahjussi. My name is Lee Minjun.”

 

 

There was a lapse of three seconds before Yoseob burst out laughing, hitting the green grass with his fist because Minjun had just called Doojoon “Ahjussi”.

 

 

“Ahjussi?” Doojoon raised one eyebrow in amusement.

 

 

Minjun nodded innocently. Yoseob almost died out of breath because he was laughing too hard.

 

 

A bright grin appeared on Doojoon’s face, “Are you going to tell your friends that Ahjussi is playing soccer with all of you?”

 

 

Minjun nodded and smiled. He immediately ran back to his group of friends screaming Doojoon Ahjussi is playing soccer with us.

 

 

“Are you done laughing?” Doojoon deadpanned.

 

 

Yoseob choked and panted, “I’m dying. Oh my god.”

 

 

“Are you done dying?” Doojoon jumped up and down to warm himself up. Yoseob’s laughter got louder as he clutched his stomach.

 

 

At last, after ten minutes of Yoseob being out of breath because he could not stop laughing and another ten minutes for the rest of the kids to greet Doojoon Ahjussi one by one, the soccer game finally commenced. To be really honest, it was not a soccer game at all; it was just them – Doojoon, Yoseob, and the kids – kicking the ball here and there, sometimes pretending they goaled some balls in, sometimes pretending the balls were out, running up and down with no purpose but to run and play some ball.

 

 

The whole thing was just really simple, as simple as how children’s minds worked. There was no competition, there was no score counting. They laughed, they sweated, they shouted, they fell down, they stood up again, they cheered. It had been a while since Doojoon felt something as pure as this.

 

 

After two hours of fun soccer game, a blushing Yoonmi came over to get all the kids back inside the hospital. It was almost dark, so the kids needed to bathe, eat dinner, take their medicines, and rest for the night. Doojoon and Yoseob hugged them one by one, whispering good nights, promising to come back for another soccer game. Minjun’s eyes were watery for a little bit as he left a kiss on Doojoon’s cheek and ran away to Yoonmi who would take all of them inside.

 

 

“I think he likes you.” Yoseob said, sitting down on the grass, doing some people watching.

 

 

Doojoon chuckled and touched his cheek where Minjun left a small kiss, “I think so too.” He, too, sat beside Yoseob on the grass and people watched.

 

 

“You played quite well for someone who was not so athletic in high school.” Doojoon commented.

 

 

Yoseob laughed, “Thanks for the compliment. It’s playing against children, so I’m sure everyone looks like they played quite well.”

 

 

“No, really.” Doojoon said, “You were quite good out there.”

 

 

“Is that really?” Yoseob beamed, “I used to have a huge crush on this guy who played great soccer. I kind of tried to learn so I’m glad my hard work paid off.”

 

 

Doojoon frowned, “Is he better than me?”

 

 

Yoseob pushed Doojoon’s hair away from sticking on his forehead and chuckled, “Nope, just younger.”

 

 

“Is that why do you have extra set of clean clothes?” Doojoon asked.

 

 

“I have another extra clean set if you need one.”

 

 

Doojoon rolled his eyes, “That’s not the point, Yoseob. Why do you have so many extra clean sets?”

 

 

“Because I often spend the night here in the hospital and I need change of clothes.” Yoseob explained softly, he understood where Doojoon was going, “It’s not like I have my previous lovers coming in to visit every day or something. It’s just a habit I have picked up. Stop thinking too much about it.”

 

 

“Say you.” Doojoon scoffed, “You think too much too, sometimes.”

 

 

“How do you know where I work, anyway? I have never told you anything about my workplace.” Yoseob turned to look at Doojoon, curious.

 

 

“From your apartment, of course. That time when I spent the night, I saw your name card on the table.”

 

 

Yoseob was honestly shocked, “Oh my god. It was just one time. One time, Doojoon. And you picked up so much about me. Should I be scared of you?”

 

 

Doojoon cleared his throat, “You never talked to me about you, so I need to get something about you from somewhere else. It’s not like I’m a stalker or something. I’ve told you before, I wanted us to be close, like tell each other stuff and all.”

 

 

Yoseob was silent as he looked ahead, continuing with his people watching. “Are you available, Doojoon?”

 

 

“For dinner?”

 

 

It was Yoseob’s turn to roll his eyes, “No. I mean are you available available.”

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“Yoonmi, the nurse who picked up the children – oh by the way she is really pretty, isn’t she – was asking me if you were available. I told her I would ask you because I did not know what the answer was to that question.”

 

 

“What do you think?”

 

 

Yoseob shrugged, “I don’t know. The Ailee girl…?”

 

 

Doojoon sighed loudly, “Not Ailee, Yoseobah. It’s you. I am not available because I am with you.”

 

 

Yoseob nodded, “Okay, so you are not available.”

 

 

“I’m not available because of you.”

 

 

Yoseob bit his lip, he did not want to start a fight on we are only buddies topic and all. He was too tired for that right now. There was a flutter on his chest, and he knew that was happiness. He was happy because Yoon Doojoon was not available because Yoon Doojoon was with Yang Yoseob. He was happy, so he memorized that feeling of being happy and kept it in one of the boxes inside his brain so he could remember how to feel it again next time when Doojoon realized he wanted a woman instead of a man.

 

 

They were both silent, basking in the feeling of having each other around before Yoseob started talking again. “I stayed in the hospital a lot because the kids got lonely often. They are too young and they are afraid, so I read them stories and talk to them a lot. It’s refreshing to talk to them, they are so pure and simple and it feels like everything is going to be okay whenever I chat with them.”

 

 

Doojoon turned his head to look at Yoseob, he was totally ecstatic that Yoseob started to talk about himself without any probing from Doojoon. There was a serene look on the younger man’s face, a kind of forlorn acceptance, but very calm and peaceful. “How old are they?”

 

 

“The oldest is Myungdae, he is nine. Minjun is the youngest, he is four.” Yoseob sighed softly, “Those kids have been around for a while though, so they know each other quite well. It just breaks my heart to see them like this.”

 

 

Doojoon frowned, he did not understand the whole the kids have been here for a while thing, “What does Minjun have?”

 

 

“Minjun has a rare heart disease which needs constant check-ups. That’s why he’s been here for a while.” Yoseob grinned suddenly, “But he is getting better, he will be out of the hospital in no time, I’m sure.”

 

 

Doojoon smiled when he saw the grin on Yoseob’s face. “Do you want kids?”

 

 

“Yeah,” Yoseob beamed, “Absolutely. Don’t you want them, too?”

 

 

Doojoon grinned, “Of course, I will have a son and a daughter.”

 

 

Yoseob was so thankful he had already stored the fluttery-happiness that he felt before inside a box in his brain so he could remember it sometime later because definitely Doojoon, too, would want a woman instead of a Yoseob.

 

 

“Very good, sounds like a plan.” Yoseob smiled, he continued “I have seen too many people leaving with too many regrets. I would not want to become one of them so I am living my life to the fullest right now. Doing things I would want to do so I would never regret when the time has come for me to go. You should too, Doojoonah. No regrets.”

 

 

Doojoon took Yoseob’s hand in his and held it tightly. He would never want to repeat the stupidity he did in high school – that was letting Yoseob slip out of his life.

 

 

“No regrets.” Doojoon whispered.