The Sun that Sets

More Than Friends

A/N: Hellow everybody… at least some of you who are still reading this series… sorry for the slow update. I was really busy last week and had no time whatsoever. I hope today’s update was at least not so bad lols. I have not watched Showtime yet, by the way… so many things to catch up OTL. I always forgot to say this but have a great week ahead you guys :)

 

 

 

 

Yoseob owed Doojoon a lunch. Up to that point, Yoseob would still honestly admit that he did owe Doojoon a lunch. It was after one of their really-quick-but-oh-wow-that-was-really-good booty calls that Doojoon asked Yoseob for lunch, just lunch sitting down face to face in a restaurant, just lunch with food and drinks on the table, just lunch with conversation – not one laden with ual innuendos, just lunch without afterwards, just lunch. As simple as that.

 

 

But just lunch did not happen because Yoseob was called for an emergency situation with one of his patients – a very young toddler who turned purple because of food allergy – and because Yoseob was a scaredy cat, he was so thankful to this purple boy who came at the right time that he could get out of the just lunch appointment with Doojoon.

 

 

However, he might think just lunch might be a far better idea than the current situation. He could not get out of this one and so when Doojoon picked him up in his apartment (Doojoon was there once for a humpy-dumpy fun) too early in the morning, Yoseob had no choice but to get into the sleek black car and go wherever Doojoon was taking him.

 

 

Yoseob was greeted with a big smile, even brighter than Doojoon’s bright blonde hair. Doojoon looked absolutely handsome with his dark navy sweaters and black jeans, and he looked really happy. Really happy, and Yoseob was shocked to find himself leaning forward and leaving a kiss on Doojoon’s cheek. The smile on Doojoon’s face widened.

 

 

“Where are you taking me?” Yoseob asked as he made himself comfortable in the passenger seat.

 

 

Doojoon gripped the steering wheel firmly with one hand while his other hand rested on the window sill, “Somewhere.”

 

 

Yoseob laughed out loud, “Somewhere? I am not spending my once-in-a-year rare day-off just to go somewhere with you. And drive with both hands, you driving with one hand is making me nervous.”

 

 

“Is it because I look really attractive and dependable when I drive with one hand?”

 

 

Yoseob made a face at Doojoon, “It’s because I don’t think you are capable enough to drive with one hand.”

 

 

This time it was Doojoon’s turn to laugh, he loved hearing snarky remarks coming out from Yoseob’s mouth as much as he loved hearing dirty words coming out from the same mouth when they had . But what he would love the most was to hear was Yoseob’s sincere feelings towards him, and Doojoon knew maybe he would get disappointed, maybe not, whatever it was he needed to wait. So he said to himself that he would be grateful for whatever he could get. All good things came for those who waited.

 

 

Doojoon caught a glimpse of Yoseob yawning in his seat. “Still sleepy?”

 

 

Yoseob nodded, trying hard to stay awake. “I had a long shift yesterday.”

 

 

“Sleep then,” Doojoon said, “It is still early, I’ll wake you up when we arrive.”

 

 

“No, it’s not fun driving alone. You need someone to talk to during the drive.” Yoseob insisted although he yawned again and his eyes almost drifted shut. Doojoon’s car was too comfortable.

 

 

“It’s alright.” Doojoon reached to Yoseob and started the pediatrician’s hair slowly, affectionately, while his eyes were still focused on the road in front of him. “Sleep now. Shhh…”

 

 

The weight of Doojoon’s hand on Yoseob head and the feel of affectionate were always comforting. Yoseob had no idea why, but Doojoon’s everything had always been familiar, Doojoon’s touch, Doojoon’s smell, Doojoon’s weight, Doojoon’s warmth, Doojoon’s voice, Doojoon’s smile, Doojoon’s eyes.

 

 

Slowly, Yoseob closed his eyes and the last thing he could remember was the familiar pressure of Doojoon’s fingers pushing back loose fringe from his face.

 

 

=&=

 

 

Yoseob woke up to delicious smell tickling his nose and a fluffy pillow below his cheek. He opened his eyes slowly and groaned, his body was killing him as he tried to sit up on the comfortable bed. The room he was currently in was totally unfamiliar, he did not even know where he was right now. Doojoon could have kidnapped him and sold him to some inhumane criminals for all he knew. But the room was too nice and too big to be a criminal’s den, Yoseob thought to himself.

 

 

The bedroom was sufficiently illuminated, even with the blinds drawn. It was neat and bright, with parquet flooring, clean white walls and some black and brown accents here and there. There was a black study desk at the corner of the room with a black work lamp on top of it. A white two-seater sofa was placed next to the study desk. A bathroom was also attached to the bedroom.

 

 

Yoseob thought that he might be in Doojoon’s place and as the thought of being in Doojoon’s personal loft excited him inside out, he did not want to spend his rare off-day just in Doojoon’s apartment. He got out of bed and stretched the kinks on his body, his toes curled when they touched the soft white rug. He needed to find Doojoon.

 

 

When he walked out of the bedroom, there was a short hallway that immediately led to an open space where the delicious smell came from. Doojoon was in a white apron, serving lunch on a round dining table.

 

 

“What is going on here?” Yoseob asked, his eyes widened in shock.

 

 

Doojoon looked up and smiled warmly, “Oh, you are awake. Ready for lunch?”

 

 

“Where are we?” Yoseob could not focus on Doojoon. His eyes kept looking around because they must be doing tricks on him, he was hallucinating because he was too tired, or he might be stuck in a dream. He could not believe this. He could not believe any of this. He could not believe they were surrounded by blue sparkling water.

 

 

“Please don’t panic. I plan to wake you up later on after I finish setting up the table. I have no idea you would be awake earlier.” Doojoon said softly, both hands raised mid-air, a gesture to calm Yoseob down.

 

 

“What is going on, Doojoon? Where are we?” Yoseob repeated his questions, he was still disoriented and he could not deal with all of these right now.

 

 

Doojoon untied his white apron and slowly approached Yoseob, “We are in my yacht. I have a boat driver license so don’t worry, we will be fine. I know you are disoriented from sleep and this whole thing must be hard to digest,” Doojoon enveloped Yoseob in a hug. “But I think you should be okay now.”

 

 

Yoseob hugged back without a hesitation, melting into familiar embrace, burying his face on Doojoon’s neck, inhaling a familiar scent in the middle of unfamiliar situations.

 

 

“You okay now?” Doojoon asked.

 

 

Yoseob nodded, “I’m sorry I was a little freaked out. I mean, I woke up in strange places and we are in the middle of the ocean –“

 

 

“It’s barely shallow water.” Doojoon corrected.

 

 

“ – shallow water, and I’m so disoriented and I’m so hungry right now.” Yoseob looked up and flashed the older man a sheepish smile.

 

 

“Shall we have lunch now?”

 

 

Yoseob nodded enthusiastically with a wide grin because finally food was in the way. Doojoon smiled and led the younger man to the dining table. After they both were settled into their own seats, Yoseob smiled at the sight of sumptuous food on the table.

 

 

Yoseob stuffed a forkful of spaghetti into his mouth and motioned to the food on the table. “Yummm, this is really good.” Yoseob swooned at the first taste, “You cooked all these?”

 

 

“Me?” Doojoon laughed at the adorable sight of Yoseob eating appetizingly, “Nope. I don’t cook like this. Sorry to disappoint you, I’m sure you would want a perfect man who is also a good cook, but nah… I cook really good ramyun though. So, it’s not so bad.” Doojoon shrugged.

 

 

Yoseob stopped eating, but he smiled. Yoseob smiled and then he grinned, twinkles in his eyes, “Thank you.” He said, “Thank you for telling me the truth. I really appreciate that. Even if you told me you were the cook, I won’t believe you anyway, so it’s cool.”

 

 

Doojoon clutched his chest, pretending like it hurt, “You wounded my pride. You really did.”

 

 

“Awww… poor baby.” Yoseob cooed nonchalantly, continuing to stuff more salad into his mouth. Food was more important right now.

 

 

Doojoon chuckled as he watched Yoseob eat. It was not the first time he brought people into his yacht – families, friends, lovers, business partners – but this was the first time he ever truly enjoyed the company. Everybody else was always too busy fawning over the beautiful yacht, too busy getting too excited over the fact that Yoon Doojoon had a private yacht, too busy buttering up Doojoon for their own selfish needs.

 

 

“What do you think about my yacht?” Doojoon asked as he chewed on his own spaghetti.

 

 

Yoseob stopped eating halfway and frowned, thinking really hard. He looked at Doojoon and answered uncertainly, “It’s… nice.”

 

 

“You don’t really care about the yacht, do you?”

 

 

Yoseob shook his head guiltily and adorably stuffed another forkful of mashed potato into his mouth, “Sorry…”

 

 

A hearty laugh burst out from Doojoon, he was just really amused by the little thing who sat across him. “I think nice is good enough. Do you want a tour later on? It’s small, so there’s nothing much.”

 

 

“That sounds great.” Yoseob grinned, “Has anybody come up here?”

 

 

“You mean to the yacht?” Doojoon asked and Yoseob nodded. “Umm… yeah some people have been here. Families, friends, business partners…” Doojoon would really want to leave out his lovers who had been into the yacht but he felt it would be such a lie and Yoseob deserved to know the truth, at least if he wanted to get Yoseob’s trust, “… and some of my lovers.”

 

 

“Hmmm…” Yoseob nodded again in silence, showing his acknowledgement. “Should we then?”

 

 

The fresh orange juice in Doojoon’s mouth almost sprayed out completely onto Yoseob’s small face but he decided not to do that and painstakingly tried to swallow the juice instead, resulting in the liquid going down the wrong pipe and Doojoon coughing so violently because he choked on his own juice. Perfect.

 

 

Yoseob jumped up from his seat immediately and went to hit on Doojoon’s sturdy back to alleviate the choking… he was not sure if it worked but it was the natural thing to do. “Oh my god, are you okay? Oh god, you are red, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, you don’t want to have with me? You can just say no. Oh god, I’m sorry.”

 

 

There was a wheezing coming from Doojoon as he tried to regulate his breath. “I’m okay, I’m fine.” Worry was apparent on Yoseob’s face as the younger man Doojoon’s back. The older man had stopped coughing and Yoseob was so thankful that Doojoon would not die due to choking today.

 

 

“Are you sure you okay?”

 

 

Doojoon coughed one last time and smiled naughtily, “I’ll be okay if you kiss me.”

 

 

Yoseob rolled his eyes but he leaned forward nonetheless to kiss Doojoon on the mouth. When the younger man was only a breath away, he grinned and teased the business man, “I taste and smell like spaghetti.”

 

 

“Yeah?” Doojoon whispered, “I smell and taste like spaghetti, too. There isn’t any problem then.”

 

 

“Uh-huh…” Yoseob tilted his head and pressed his lips soft on Doojoon’s. There was a spark behind Yoseob’s closed eye lids when his lips touched Doojoon’s, a tightening on his chest and his groin as Doojoon slipped a tongue into his mouth. Yoseob moaned as he back, on Doojoon’s clever tongue.

 

 

Yoseob slithered his way onto Doojoon’s lap and grabbed the back of the older man’s blonde hair with two hands, while still continuing on kissing Doojoon. He rubbed his hardness against Doojoon and was rewarded by a primal growl from the older man.

 

 

“Not here.” Doojoon panted in between Yoseob’s addictive kisses and .

 

 

Yoseob whined his complaints, he wanted to do it now.

 

 

“Let’s go to the bedroom.” With great effort – and with Yoseob still latching on him and grinding onto him – Doojoon scooped them up and walked to the bedroom where Yoseob woke up in previously.

 

 

Lunch was forgotten.

 

 

=&=

 

 

It was supposed to be the beginning of spring, but the summer heat had started some weeks ago and Yoseob knew he would surely die from overheating during the summer in a few months’ time. But now, Yoseob began to miss the heat when the cold sea breeze just permeated through his sweaters and he was shivering and oh my god, why am I here.

 

 

Doojoon was still sleeping on the bed (after rounds and rounds of satisfying ) when Yoseob sneaked out to the yacht’s deck from the bedroom. Yoseob still could not believe how luxurious the yacht was, even the deck was covered with cushion and lazy pillows, a perfect place to view the sunset.

 

 

Yoseob had never realized how beautiful a sunset could be. A perfect fusion of colours – orange, purple, yellow, blue, a little bit of light grey, dark grey, black, and other amazing colour mixtures that Yoseob could not even describe. It was as if the sky was melting into the ocean. Millions of sparkles on the water, reflecting the dimming light from the big round sun slowly going lower, eventually hiding behind the purple line that connected the water and the sky.

 

 

“Breathtaking, isn’t it?”

 

 

Yoseob nearly jumped at Doojoon’s voice. He was very much in his own thoughts that he did not hear the fall of footsteps when Doojoon walked on the yacht deck. The older man calmly sat behind Yoseob and wrapped the younger man in his embrace and a warm blanket, so that both of them were cocooned inside the blanket. Yoseob immediately melted against Doojoon’s body. He leaned back and molded his back into Doojoon’s warm front. A warm front.

 

 

“Are you not wearing shirt?” Yoseob asked, tilting his head to the side a little so that he could glance at Doojoon.

 

 

Doojoon grinned and pecked Yoseob’s lips briefly, “I am warm enough as it is. I saw you shivered, are you cold?”

 

 

Yoseob snuggled deeper into Doojoon’s warm embrace and sighed in contentment, “Not anymore. You are so warm, so so warm. You are all I need.”

 

 

“Am I really?” Doojoon asked without missing a beat.

 

 

Yoseob was silent as he stared at the sun setting into the horizon. “It’s really pretty.”

 

 

Doojoon took a deep breath and stopped pursuing the topic, he knew Yoseob was not ready. “Sorry I scared you earlier, I didn’t know you were spacing out.”

 

 

“Nuh-uh…” Yoseob shook his head, “It’s fine. I was just so entranced by the sunset. I have never seen a sunset this beautiful in my entire life.”

 

 

Doojoon rested his head on Yoseob’s shoulder, drunk on Yoseob’s scent around him. “Just let me know anytime you want to see it again. I’ll get the yacht ready for you.”

 

 

Yoseob nodded silently and kept his quiet. He wondered how many people had heard the offer, how many people had been back for another sunset, how many people had seen the sunset, how many people had been on the yacht, how many lovers had been on the yacht. Yoseob’s stomach dropped at the thought, there was a sharp pang in his chest that ran up to his spine. Yoseob decided it was nothing.

 

 

“You are so quiet.” Doojoon whispered, leaving a kiss on Yoseob’s exposed neck.

 

 

“Can I still see the sunset?” Yoseob asked, his face expressionless, hard as a stone.

 

 

“Sorry, come again?”

 

 

“Can I still see the sunset?”

 

 

Doojoon laughed, “Of course, silly. You can see the sunset anytime you want.”

 

 

“Even when I’m not sleeping with you anymore?”

 

 

“What?” Doojoon frowned, “What does sleeping with me have anything to do with this?”

 

 

Yoseob shrugged, “I don’t know.”

 

 

“What do you mean ‘I don’t know’?”

 

 

“I don’t know.”

 

 

Doojoon whispered softly in Yoseob’s ear. “I am not sleeping with you just because I want someone to warm my bed, or because I could not hold my libido, or because you are available. You are special to me, Yang Yoseob. You have always been. It’s true that we were not close before, it was true that we never connected in one way or another in the past, but I would like to change that with you. Let me in. Let’s be friends, for starters. We will be great together, I’m sure of it, what do you say?”

 

 

Yoseob kept his silent.

 

 

Doojoon tightened his embrace on Yoseob and let out a smile on his face, “Silence usually means yes. Let’s do this then.”

 

 

Yoseob was trying so hard to focus on the beautiful sun setting in the horizon, he was trying so hard to smell the scent of the calming sea, he was trying so hard to listen to the water crashing into one another, he was trying so hard to feel the sea breeze, he was trying so hard to taste the salty air.

 

 

But all he could focus on was how comfortable he was in Doojoon’s embrace. All he could smell was Doojoon’s musky scent from the man itself, from the blanket wrapping around them. All he could listen to was the slow and soft breaths coming from Doojoon in his ear. All he could feel was the warmth coming from Doojoon’s body, burning his back. All he could taste was Doojoon, Doojoon, Doojoon.

 

 

Yoseob closed his eyes as the sun set completely, darkness of the night enveloped the sky and the water. Stars and a half moon hanging prettily in the sky, replacing the beauty of light with the mystery of the night.

 

 

Yoseob rested his head on Doojoon’s chest and he could hear the steady rhythm of the older man’s heartbeat.

 

 

He had told himself numerous times that he did not want to fall in love with Yoon Doojoon.

 

 

Not again.