Carpe Diem

Chasing The Stars

 

"Carpe Diem." My grandmother had once said these words before she had passed. "It means to 'Enjoy the Moment'." Her eyes faintly reflected in the back of my mind. "Minhee-ah, when you grow older, things in your life will change drastically, more than you could ever imagine. But do you know how to conquer this?"

I had said no at the time.

"You need to live in the moment, It's that easy. Enjoy what life throws at you and embrace it and never let it go. No matter how hard, how easy it may be, seize it. Sad or happy, control it and enjoy it." Her wise words ran across my mind again and again in the plain darkness of my dreams. Enjoy the moment, Minhee. Enjoy it while you can. Always remember: Carpe Diem.

 

I woke up with a start. Something had been itching at my leg for a while now and it had suddenly occurred to me, it could've been a mouse. My neck ached as I looked downwards; my sleeping position probably hadn't been the best choice I've ever made.

On my lap laid a boy. A boy with black hair that shined brown in the dim light, a complexion similar to a male model from a teen-magazine. He twisted and turned as my mouth gaped wide opened at his flawlessness. A boy like this could possibly not be real. In anime, yes, but never in real life. At least, I've never seen one before. I continued to watch him: the way he slept, his chest rising and falling with each small breath he took, his eyes as they fluttered opened, gazing right back at me.

"What are you looking at?"

Oh, I said to myself. It's just Myungsoo. Everything snapped back to me like a rubber band that had been pulled farther and farther apart before it gave way and slapped at you. My mind began racing. Myungsoo and I had shared a room together last night, locked in a room to be exact. I had a fight and received a bulging scratch from Ahjin. It was thundering last night and the lights went out. Something had been knocked over and broke, the lamp. Myungsoo fell off the bed and went unconscious. Myungsoo.

I jumped a little on the ground and immediately reached for Myungsoo's face. "Are you okay?! Are you hurt anywhere?! Wait, I shouldn't touch you. Does your head hurt? Do you need to go to the hospital? Does this ship have a nurse? Should I go get someone? Tell me what to do and I'll do it." I became out of breath as I waited for his response. His only answer was his mouth and eyes wide opened. I blinked a couple of times and settled down. "Just tell me that you're okay."

Myungsoo closed his eyes again as if he had decided to ignore me and go back to sleep. His lips turned upwards into a soft smile when he heard me silently grumbled to myself. "You're still talking?"

"No," I made a face at him and laid back against the bed-post. Again I felt unappreciated but somehow, Myungsoo always had his way in making me feel better afterwards, so I stayed still and waited for him to wake.

"What time is it?" His voice spooked me as he murmured it into my shirt and batted his eyes back open. "Hm?"

"U-uh," I took my phone off the nightstand and pressed a button to power on the screen. "It's three in the morning."

"Three?!" He head shot up and almost knocked into mine. "A.m.?

"That's what I said." I giggled forcefully for a second and then stopped. "Hu..."

He sighed deeply. "Well, at least we have a few hours before we have to see other people."

I bit my bottom lip at the thought of just the two of us for such a long time. "Can you get up?"

"I don't think so."

I frowned. "But you didn't even try."

He mimicked my frown. "Because I don't want to get up."

"Yah." I lifted one of my knees up so that we were face to face. "You're going to have to get up sooner or later."

"And I choose later." He chuckled and pressed his lips against my forehead. "Now shh. Let me fall asleep again."

I sat back in bewilderment. "Are you just going to keep..?" My voice faded out as I tried to find the words I were looking for.

"Am I just going to what?"

"Keep kissing me like that?" I finished with a weird sort of feeling at having said that. "Like it's just nothing."

He stared up at me. "Does it mean something to you?" In his eyes, something sparked a sense of understanding and sorrow. "I.. I didn't mean to..." He folded his hands across his stomach and suddenly looked uncomfortable. "I didn't realize." He stiffened up and looked away from me. "Is that..glass?"

"Huh?" I glanced in his direction. "Yeah, it's from a lamp that you knocked it over last night."

"How?"

I tilted my head at him. "You don't remember?" He shook his head. "Last night, it was thundering." I watched his change in expression before continuing. "The lights went out but being your ignorant self, you got up to get a drink. I think you knocked into something and fell unconscious."

"Then how did I end up here?" He gestured to me and grabbed my hand. "And how did you end up with me?"

"T-that.." I didn't know how to answer back and decided it was better to stay quiet since Myungsoo probably wouldn't believe what I would say.

"What was that?" He asked in a mocking voice and angled his ear towards me. "I didn't hear what you said."

"Nothing." I grumbled and then leaned down to shout in his ear. "No thing!"

He recoiled away from me, but came back when he remembered about the mess of glass just a few centimeters away. "Aish.. My ear."

"Since you can move," I bumped him with my knee. "Please get off."

Myungsoo cutely shook his head and groaned. "But this is comfy." He made eye contact with me. "Really comfy."

"And I really want to smack you." I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

"Fine," He lifted his right cheek as if to challenge me. "Then do it. Hit me." I gave in and flick the bottom half of his cheek; I avoided his gaze and surprised expression. "You really hit me."

"Well," I shrugged. "It really wasn't a hit. More like a flick." I imitated the movement again, this time on his nose; he abruptly turned away and sneezed in response.

"Yah!" He sniffled and pouted. "You made my nose tickle." I couldn't help but laugh at how childish his voice sounded. His lips twitched into a smile after hearing the sound I had made. He pinched my cheek before lifting himself off the floor, but changed his mind and laid back down. "Ah.. I'm so tired."

I scoffed. "No one told you to wake up so early."

"You woke me up." He argued and shut his eyes, ending the conversation. I made a face at him when only he couldn't see. He really was a jerk and annoyed the heck out of me, but there was something that kept me away from hating him, like a little rope tied around me, dragging me towards liking him rather than loathing him.

"You okay Min?" He didn't open his eyes to see me when he spoke.

"Yeah..? Why?"

He snickered softly to himself. "Your breathing is getting more and more uneven by the minute. You seem...tense." He flickered his eyes opened and rose one of his eyebrows. "Do you need a neck rub?"

I swatted his hands away as he tried reaching for me. "No, I don't. And I am not tense." I tried my best to sound confident, but my voice cracked just a tiny bit at the end.

"Tch." Myungsoo shook his head and this time made an effort to get up and sat by my side. "Hm, let's see." He chuckled. "Where is our Minnie the most tense?" He placed a hand on top of my head and slid it down to the back. "Here?"

"No." I let out a breathy laugh. His hand tickled and gave off a tingly feeling where it was; I shivered slightly under his touch.

"What? Does it tickle?" He smirked in slight embarrassment at his actions after I nodded my head and drew his arm back. I suddenly began observing the way he moved and acted around me. His sweatpants covered legs were drawn up to his chest, mimicking my position with his toned arms wrapped tightly around them. He would quietly laugh to himself here and there, but I didn't have enough courage to ask him what it was that seemed to be so funny.

Silence filled the air as we sat there staring out the wide paned window right in front of us; I hadn't thought to notice it before. There wasn't much of a view except for the vast underwater region. Our rooms were deep down in the ship so the only sight we had were small fish swimming to and away from predators.

"Look!" Myungsoo exclaimed in a hushed whisper. He pointed his index finger at the waters and there behind the glass was a shark, a real life great white shark. It was so close, I could almost touch it and I tried.

I crept closer to the the window until my nose pressed my against it. "Wah..." My breath fogged up against the glass until I couldn't see anything.

Myungsoo crawled up behind and wiped away the vapor with the bottom hem of his shirt. "Aish, I want to see too." His arrogant grin came flashing back onto his face as he followed my gaze to the bare of his stomach. "ert."

"Wah..." I felt my mouth bobbing for the right words to clean my case. "I-I'm not! It was just..!"

He cocked his head to one side, staring deep into my eyes. "You were just what? Peeping?"

"No!" I yelled before he covered my mouth with the palm of his hand.

"Shh." He shushed. "Some people are still sleeping."

"But you-!"

"And now," He smirked. "I'll call you 'Peeping Min' because of the name 'Peeping Tom'."

"Ha, ha." I laughed unenthusiastically and rolled my eyes. "Because that's just so hilarious."

He threw his head back and let something out that sounded similar to a laugh and a cough. "I know."

I ignored him and directed my attention back to the window where the shark still lingered, as if it was there waiting for our attention. It swam closer to the glass and stopped just as it reached a few centimeters away, observing us with its beady eyes.

"I think it likes us." I mumbled quietly enough for Myungsoo to hear, but when I looked back at him, he was stuck in a little corner.

He gawked at me wide-eyed. "Yah, get away from there. Aren't you even afraid?!"

"Well," I glanced back at the shark, who was still floating patiently and laid a finger on the glass. "It's not like it can hurt us." I held a hand out for Myungsoo. "Come."

"Come where?" His voice wavered only slightly. "To my death?" 

"Thunder and now sharks?" I shook my head mockingly. "And I thought you were invincible."

He made a face at me before holding onto my hand and scooting once again to my side. "Fine. Hu.. You're one weird girl."

"Thank you." I said proudly.

"And that's what I like about you." He snorted at my facial expression, which must've been amusing, so I turned away quickly. The shark was now gone.

I slumped down on the ground. "You made me miss it."

"I'm sure it will miss you too." He pouted as if to comfort me somehow and patted my head. "There, there. Come to Myungie. It's okay."

I decided to go along with it and see where it heads. I sulked, "No, it's not."

He then embraced me in his arms and laid his leg on top of mine. "Yes it is." And then he placed my face flat against his chest. "It will be."

"Yah!" I laughed and pulled away from the stuffiness of his shirt. "Get your leg off of me. It's too heavy."

"Sorry." He mumbled cutely, but only lifted his leg away; I stayed encircled in the warmth of his arms.

"You're..-" I began, but faded out at the thought of having nothing to say. I regretted speaking and ruining the quietness.

"I'm what?" He bent his head in a curious manner. "Tell me. You've got my attention now."

I rubbed at the cold spot on the backside of my neck. "You're breathing on me."

"Oh well." He smiled. "Now I have my marking on you."

"You call that a marking?"

"Would you rather have something else?" He leaned in until his lips just barely touched the tips of my ear.

"Uh..." I angled myself away. "I'd rather not."

"Are you sure?" He whispered and slid a finger down my neck.

"Yah, Myungsoo-ah!" I gave a light punch at his chest before sliding away. "Who's the ert now?" Slipping away from him, I climbed onto the bed and pulled the covers over my lap.

Myungsoo came bouncing on the other side and firmly planted his face into one of the pillows. With his head down, he suddenly looked like a small little kid sobbing into his pillow.

"What's the matter?" I gently thumped the palm of my hand on his head and waited for a response but when I didn't get one, I jostled around on the bed until he jerked his head up with a sleepy-like expression.

"You're so annoying."

My mouth suddenly felt dry as I tried finding words to say. Water lined the edges of my sight; it felt so long since he's spoken to me in that kind of voice and used those kind of words with me. "What do you mean? It's not like I did anything..."

He wagged a finger in front of my face with a half-smile. "You didn't let me finish." Positioning himself on his elbows, he looked at me with endearing eyes. "You're so annoyingly cute. Like something small and rare that I want to keep and protect forever." After thumbing my cheek with the tips of his fingers, he quickly pulled the blankets over his head in embarrassment and faked a laugh. "Don't talk to me right now."

"Myungsoo..." I whispered and poked at him through the sheets. "I-I'm not done talking to you yet. Yah, you almost made me cry. Kim Myungsoo!" I patted on what I thought was his shoulder, but ended up being his face.

"Eck!" He yanked off the blanket and rubbed his face with his hands. "Aish, you whacked my forehead!" He pointed at himself and gleamed his eye-smile. "You shouldn't abuse this kind of face."

"Oops, too late." I sat up and shrugged with my hands lifted. Leaning in closer, I grinned. "I already did." His eyes were scanning my face for any sign of emotion other than mock and sarcasm. I felt my expression fall just a bit and then soften underneath his gaze.

"I really want to know," He reached up and tapped on the side of my temple with his index finger. "What goes on up here."

"Too bad," I swatted at his hand. "You won't find out."

"Tch." He blew a small raspberry. "It was worth a try." And then, he pulled me down in his arms. After a minute or two, he spoke again. "This feels awkward, doesn't it?" He chuckled into my hair.

"Yes," My voice was muffled against his chest. "Because my arms are crushed in between us."

Myungsoo rested his chin on top of my head and let out a sigh. "Sorry." He didn't even think to loosen up his arms until I began moving around with my arms stuck. "Oh." I glanced up at him, but only caught sight of his jaw. I placed my forehead against his chest and felt him relax a bit, which in return, relaxed me.

"Do you ever just-?" He began until I shushed him with my hand.

I drew my head back to get a better view of him. "Carpe Diem. Do you know what that means?"

His eyebrows rose just a centimeter. "It means to enjoy the moment, right?"

"Right," I yawned. "So let's just enjoy the moment. This moment."

"Where did you hear that saying from?"

I smiled and backed myself back a bit to come face-to-face with him. "My grandmother used to say that to me all the time. I was a pretty needy and high maintenance kid. Those words and its meaning used to calm me down a bit. I guess they still do."

"You were a high maintenance kid?" He grinned. "I guess some people really don't change."

"I just wanted to share something about myself with you, but I can't even do that without you joking around, can I?" I dropped my gaze and pushed myself farther away from Myungsoo.

"Alright, alright." He comforted and pressed his lips together. "I'll listen to you like a good boy." He made an action to zip his lips up and throw away the key.

I narrowed my eyes as I hesitated to continue. "Like I said, I was a pretty needy kid." I watched as his lips pressed together tighter. "My grandmother used to always take care of me because both my parents had to work a bunch of shifts to support the four of us."

"Your grandmother lived with you?"

"She did." I blinked and lowered my gaze. "Until she passed away last year. After that, my parents started to go through financial problems because someone had to care for me while the other was at work; I didn't have any other family to ask for help. I knew they were struggling, but I never really did seem to notice. I was still a little, oblivious kid. If only I didn't ask for so much then maybe.." I stopped there; I couldn't go on any further.

"Minhee," Myungsoo held my hand tightly as he brushed away a piece of hair behind my ear. "It wasn't your fault."

"Even now I don't do anything for them. They supported me with everything." I started blubbering as tears steamed my face. Guilt suddenly filled and tightened up in my chest. "I don't think I can face them now. Thinking like this, they are probably glad they don't have me around anymore to burden them."

"No." Myungsoo shook his head as he gently pressed his hands against my cheeks and wiped away the salty water with his thumbs. "Don't think that way. They love you no matter what. You're their daughter."

"But-." I closed my eyes as Myungsoo pressed his forehead against mine.

"Please," He breathed. "Don't say that. You're not a burden to anyone, especially not to your mom and dad. Your parents love you. It doesn't matter what you do or did in the past. They still love you." I opened my eyes to see his. "You still have a whole lot of time to make it up to them. I'll help you."

And then I cried like I've never cried before. I wanted to stop and not make a fool out of myself in front of Myungsoo, but the tears wouldn't stop coming out. I cried for my parents, for not being able to support me now and for me not being able to give back to them. I cried for my grandmother who lived her life to raise her only grandchild until she passed a peaceful death. I cried for how my life was now, life without parents or siblings by your side; a life of quietness and loneliness. I cried for Myungsoo and his relationship with his parents who are barely even there for him and his sister and practically had to raise themselves. And then I cried for myself.

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered. "Your shirt is getting soaked because of me." I wiped at his shirt as if to dry away the water stains, but they stayed; I cried for them too.

He shook his head slowly. "Don't be sorry. In fact, stop being sorry. You have nothing to be apologetic for."

"You said you'll help me?"

"I'll help you." He replied firmly. "With everything."

I smiled gently and pulled myself closer to him. "You know, I've never told anyone about this."

"It's something you kept bottled up." He spoke with a sense of understanding. "Something you thought no one else could possibly understand. Because you don't want to burden anyone else with your problems."

"Yeah." I spoke with a sense of awe at how he seemed to get exactly how I felt. "E-exactly." He couldn't see me or hear my thoughts, but Myungsoo understood me like no one else could ever. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." In his voice, I could faintly hear a sign of relief. I brought my arms around his neck and shook as I let a raspy breath out; this was the effect crying brought. "It's okay." He whispered into my hair as I rested myself against him. "I'm here."

 

I woke up to a blue-colored room with the blanket laid right above my ears. I then noticed that the blue color streamed in from outside the window where the ocean covered. There wasn't a clock in sight, so knowing the time was out of reach since my phone had also died; I hadn't thought to bring a charger along. Beside me snored Myungsoo, who slept so peacefully, I didn't want to disturb him. So instead, I got up dizzily and headed for the small bathroom with a small shut of the door.

The bathroom light buzzed as I heavily stared at myself in the oval-shaped mirror. My hair looked windblown and frizzy as if I had been outside all day long in the sun. Under my eyes were dark bags that sagged each time I tried smiling. My cheeks were stiff and raw as I squished them in and back out. Drool covered the corners of my mouth and streamed to the sides of my face. And lastly, my eyes were completely bloodshot from last night's crying session. With everything messed up about how I looked, I just felt glad that Myungsoo wasn't awake to see me like this.

"Time to clean up." I grumbled unhappily to myself and the water, that spurted everywhere due to the harshness of the faucet level. "Great, just great." I wiped at my drenched face. "What else could possible go wrong?"

"Min?" Myungsoo lightly knocked on the door. "Is that you?"

No, I thought sarcastically. Who else would be locked inside a room with you for a night in a ship? I then remembered last night and how much Myungsoo had comforted me through my bad time; I immediately felt guilty. "Yeah." My throat felt like I'd rubbed it with sandpaper and coated it with flour; my voice didn't sound all that great either.

"Are you..?" He spoke quietly, but then faded out.

"I'm fine!" I yelled back as I quickly began scrubbing at my face, suddenly realizing that if I opened the door for Myungsoo, he'd see me as the mess I currently looked like. "Just..wait a second!"

"O-okay. I'll be right here!" He shouted back; I heard him chuckle to himself behind the door, which angered me, but left a feeling of wanting to see him more.

After washing my face and tying my mangled hair back, since that seemed to be my only other option, I made sure everything seemed right with me and then slowly opened the door.

Myungsoo laid on the bed staring at the ceiling as if it were the most interesting thing he could find and then turned his head at my direction, looking like he had been waiting for me, which he had. "Hey."

"Hey." I sighed in relief at how casual his voice sounded. It made everything from last night feel like it never happened at all. "What are you doing?"

"Just," He gestured to the ceiling and then laughed. "I actually don't know."

I smiled along and sat on the side on the bed next to him. He didn't say anything, which I liked, but then the quietness turned awkward. I was the first one to speak up. "I don't want to talk about last night."

"I wasn't going to ask." He looked at me with eyes that told me he was serious despite his careful smile. "You don't have to say anything." He lifted  himself up and leaned against the wall behind us. I felt my face relax, but inside, I felt surprised.

"Don't," I turned to look at the shape my feet made under the covers; it looked like tiny misshapen ovals. "Don't pity me."

"Who said I pitied you?" He held on tightly to my hand and didn't let go even when I struggled just a bit. "Because I don't."

"Oh.." I angled my head in a way that hid my face with my ponytail in embarrassment. 

"I feel for you, but I don't pity you. I want you to know that." He looked at me with a firm expression. "Your hair..." He scooted nearer and turned himself to face me better. He then slowly reached behind me for my hair and slid it back so that my face clearly showed. "That's better." His half-smile made my heart jump and race; I've missed that feeling so much.

 

There was a deafening pound coming from the other side of the door. "Yah! Kim Myungsoo! Minhee?! What are you two doing in there?!I immediately sat up straight with a start as Myungsoo scuffled around next to me, holding a finger to his lips.

"Yah! Can't you hear me?!" Sunggyu's voice sounded through the door this time. "I swear, these two kids are just-."

"Oppa," Hyo shushed his complaints. "Just let them be alone. That's the whole point of locking them in the room together."

"Duh.." I could almost hear Sungjong roll his eyes and stick his tongue out in mock humor.

Hoya spoke up after a few beats of silence. "Isn't someone going to tell them to pack up? We're leaving in a few hours anyway."

Myungsoo and I both looked at each other simultaneously; we were all leaving the ship in just another few hours. This meant that either something was terribly wrong with the boat or Ahjin just wanted all of us off. Myungsoo's look told me he was thinking the same.

"Shush." Sungyeol muttered as there was a loud thud on the door. "I'm trying to hear if-." Before he could continue, Myungsoo jumped up and swung the now unlocked door open, revealing all its nosy visitors behind it. "O-oh..hi." Myungsoo began to playfully beat Sungyeol as he helped him upright.

"Tch." Woohyun shook his head when he saw me in the bed full of tangled sheets and the broken glass on the ground. "Looks like you two had a fun and rough night, huh?"

"Y-yah!" I hissed quietly through my teeth.

"There's evidence to prove it." Dongwoo chuckled and bent over the tiny glass pieces.

I slid off the bed and walked on my knees over to Dongwoo, who was busily admiring the fragments. "Don't touch it. I'll clean it."

Myungsoo moved himself away from Sungyeol and neared himself next to me. "You're going to cut yourself." He nudged my hands away. "I made the mess, so I'll clean it."

"No, I-."

"Awh," Hyo patted the both of us on our backs with a gleaming smile. "My best friend and my own brother. Who knew?"

"I did." Myungsoo mumbled and ended up chuckling to himself at the looks his friends gave him. "What? I did." I blinked and turned back to cleaning, trying to forget what he'd just said.

"M-Min!" Sungjong yelled and grabbed my hands away, knocking all my fragments I had collected.

I looked up in shock at his expression. "W-what?" Just as I spoke, a trickle of red slid from the center of my hand down the side of my arm, running over the scratch. "Oh."

"Oh?!" Myungsoo began moving so fast I couldn't keep up, or maybe it was just the sight of blood that made me feel dizzy. One of the blue hand towels from bathroom was instantly placed on my cut. I stared at it as the blood seeped through the towel.

"Min," Hyo stood me up. "Let's get you to the bathroom." Myungsoo, along with the others, trailed closely behind us. In the corner of my eye, I saw Hoya and Dongwoo begin to sweep up the mess; I reminded myself to thank them later.

I shook my arm away. "I'm fine, really." I unwrapped the wound and saw the red smeared all across my hand like I've just gotten done painting. "Or..maybe not." Myungsoo seated me on the bathtub edge and hurriedly placed a new bandage on.

"Pabo.." He grumbled and looked at me with sad eyes. "I told you not to touch the glass. Now you're hurt."

I was taken aback by how deep his eyes were as they bored quietly into mine. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't think it would..."

"Shh!"

I lifted my head towards the sound, but the door closed right behind us with a quiet thud. Myungsoo followed my gaze to the empty spot where everyone had stood just a second ago.

"Why don't they just stay away if they're going to leave us like this?" Myungsoo sighed and dragged me over to the sink to wash off the blood.

"I thought you said them leaving us like this was nice and peaceful." I smirked as he gently massaged my hand under the warmish water.

Myungsoo chuckled and slowly shook his head. "I never said that out loud." He glanced at me through the mirror. "You probably thought it too, huh?"

"Well," I shrugged. "It is much more peaceful without them."

"Then, does that mean you like being around me?" He asked with a hint of hope in his voice.

"I guess." I replied in a casual tone. "Being around you makes me feel calm and relaxed. I don't have to worry about being someone else around you because you've already seen all my bad sides."

"All?"

"Most." I giggled and shyed away when he flung a handful of water at me. "Yah!" But he flung some again, which landed on my stomach. "Aish.. Now I have to change." I eyeballed his reflection through the mirror as he planned to attack again but this time, I bumped his arms back, making all the water splash on him instead.

"Minhee-ah!"

"You started it." I snorted and threw water onto his head, which trickled down his forehead to his lips. All of a sudden, Myungsoo turned into a model for a CF. As if he knew what I was thinking, he ran a hand through his hair and slowly blinked as his hair stuck up in tiny spikes.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Don't stare, it's rude." 

"You like people staring at you though." I contradicted and stuck my tongue out when he scoffed.

I felt his eyes flicker around my face as he spoke. "I like when you stare at me." Instead of replying back, I pretended to not hear him and stood up to go out and change. "Wait for me!" He yelled and hurried to follow, but I shut the door before he could make it out.

"I need to change!"

"So do I!" He laughed from the other side and then lowered his voice. "I don't mind changing in front of you."

I kicked at the door and held onto the door knob, making sure Myungsoo couldn't open it. "Just remind me to lock my door from not on when we get home." I found a little chair and stuck it under the knob, which I've seen them do in movies and surprisingly worked.

"Min..." A sound of desperation filled his voice. "Hurry. I miss you." Those three words shocked through me like some electric current. 

I hurried to change into a dry shirt and pulled the chair away from the door. It immediately flew open, revealing Myungsoo standing in the door frame with his hands stuck in his pockets. Before he could say any remarks about my actions, I flung myself at him and held in tightly.

"Are you okay?" He asked kindly and began to gently rub my back in circular motions. "Were you moving around too fast? Do you not feel good? Seasickness?"

"I'm," It suddenly occurred to me that the only times I had actually made any kind of skin contact with Myungsoo was only when I wasn't feeling too well and he was always there for me. "I'm fine."

"Good." He pulled me back and smiled. "Now I have to change, so wait in the bathroom, okay?"

"O-oh, okay." I walked away with an empty sort of feeling in my chest, growing to my heart. My back slid down the bathroom door as I waited and waited. There were sounds of scuffling from behind and even a dull thud. "Myungsoo? Is everything okay?"

"Y-yeah," He answered after a moment. "Just wait a bit."

I tried the door knob and it opened easily. Myungsoo crouched over a suitcase lying on the ground and held something up in his hands. The floor creaked under me as I slowly walked over to him; he fell back onto the ground in shock.

"I'm not going through your stuff!" He raised his hands up, revealing the teddy bear he was holding. It was the same one he had given me for my birthday. "Y-your suitcase just fell over!"

"And ped itself?" I ran over and held the suitcase protectively away from him. "ert."

He waved his hands out in front of him. "It's not like that!"

I took the teddy bear away from him and frowned. "You still didn't have to go searching through it. Wait..." I dug through deeper into my suitcase full of clothes and sighed in relief; my bras and underwear were in my duffel bag. I glared at him and then felt bad. It's not like he knew or it's not like he meant to knock it over. Either way, he shouldn't have looked through my stuff.

"I'm sorry." He folded his hands together with a apologetic expression. "I didn't mean to..."

"I-It's fine." I shook my head and hurried to zip up the suitcase. "It's not like you meant to knock it over, right?" I looked at him when he didn't respond. "Right?"

"Yeah, right." He spoke quickly and smiled after. "It was an accident."

"You're a ert if you did it on purpose." I didn't look at him as I said that and placed the suitcase up against the wall. "We have to pack up anyways."

"But we still have a few hours." He grinned and slid a hand inside his pocket. "I found something."

My eyes widened. "You took something out?!" I reached behind him, but he pulled his hand back. "Give me!" A little quieter, I added, "Please."

"Close your eyes." I did as told and felt his fingers brush across my collarbones and to the skin behind my ears.

I shuttered a bit at his touch. "What are you-?"

"Shh." He chuckled as something cold and light was placed in between my two collarbones. "There."

I opened my eyes to his nose against mine and his lips just centimeters away; I gulped down the nervous feeling welling up in my throat. "What is it?"

"Look." He gestured, not taking his eyes away from me. I glanced down and saw that it was the same green necklace from before. "I didn't think you still had it."

"Of course I do." I mumbled and gripped tightly onto the infinity symbol. "I just forget to wear it sometimes."

"And this," He held onto the teddy bear and squished it up against my cheeks. "You brought it?"

I shook my head away with a laugh. "I-I didn't think I had packed it."

He played around with its stubby arms with a thoughtful expression on his face. "Well, it's here." He chuckled when I pressed my lips together with nothing else to say back. "You're cute."

"I know." I squeezed my eyes into a smiling slits and shrugged my shoulders. "It's a gift."

"Psh." He scoffed and turned away. "I have to go pack now."

I frowned at the thought of being alone. "Now? But we still have a few more hours."

"It'll take me just as long." He leaned in towards me and winked. "Don't miss me too much."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry, I won't." But I was lying. Just seeing him get up as I stood up and waved goodbye felt like he was leaving forever and left a suffocating kind of feeling in my chest.

"I'll come back after unless Ahjin-." He paused and then nodded his head with a whisper. "I'll come back." I must've looked doubtful because Myungsoo leveled himself to my height and cupped his hands around my face. "Don't wait too long. If I don't come back in another hour, leave without me and head to the lobby area. The bad oppas will be there waiting for you." I smiled at his comment about his friends as he inched himself closer and kissed the corner of my lips; my smile slowly faded into a stunned expression.

"I'll be back."

 


Infinite's comeback is scheduled for May!!

really cannot wait, like I spazzed extremely when I found out. *still fangirling* Why did Woollim have to make us Inspirits wait so long??

But oh well, I'm still happy for their comeback as a whole group :)

And I promise, the of Min and Myungsoo's relationship will soar as the chapters continue. Thank you for keeping along and reading!