IV.

The East
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been exactly one month since Leeteuk’s strange disappearance and that night when Donghae proposed. I wonder where Leeteuk went; I never got to thank him.

“We’re here.” Donghae parked the car and smiled sweetly at me. He stared into my eyes. He pecked my lips and my cheeks flushed in crimson. He chuckled and got out of the car to open the door for me. I sat down smiling while I looked my left hand, the engagement ring fit perfectly.

Like a gentleman he was, Donghae held out his hand after he opened the passenger’s door. I giggled and held his hand. Our hands were intertwined, like the pieces of a puzzle, they fit perfectly. I was glad to have him back.

The faint pink petals of the Cherry Blossoms fell down like snowflakes, covering the pavement with its silky petals. I no longer had questions running in my mind regarding whether all of this was real because at this moment, I was a hundred percent positive that everyone and everything around me existed. Donghae and I walked around a Memorial place for the Korean Military.

We were at an aisle where brown and black marble floors and structures could be seen. This was a place where all the memorabilia of all the men who served remained. Sad to say, some of them passed away while serving. As we walked, Donghae showed me the names of the friends he had met when he was there and how great and strong people they were. I held Donghae’s hand tighter as I read their names, feeling my heart drop a bit, I stopped walking.

Donghae looked at me and smiled gently.

“I’m here. I won’t leave anymore.” He assured, a snug smile painted on his lips, he wrapped me in a hug. My head was buried in his chest and I could hear the calm beat of his heart. I nodded as I wrapped my arms around him.

“I know, I’m just happy to have you back again.” I broke the hug and tightly held on his hand as we continued to stroll down the memorabilia with the soldiers’ pictures and names engraved in the dark marble.

After sauntering a few aisles, one picture caught my eye. I immediately looked at Donghae and he wore the same expression as me. The both of us were surprised at where our eyes landed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a picture of Leeteuk.

My legs became weak and I felt like I was about to faint. My whole body trembled. His name was included in the lists of soldiers who have passed away.

“Are yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter