Lesson #4: Start with a simple flower before using a bouquet

How to Fall in Love

Se Na looked down and saw many sharp, pointed crystals beneath the terrace. Her face changed from curiosity to shock and fear.

"When did these crystals grew sharp?" Se Na asked.

"At the night of the death of Lu Na. Actually, they were once flowers and turned into crystals that night. Field of the Crystal Flowers." Sungyeol spoke.

"Wae? Why are you looking at me like that?" Sungyeol asked, when he saw her looking at him  with a straight face.

"I figured it out. It wasn't magic at all. She was murdered." Se Na told him. His face became curious and pouted.

"How did you say that? Do you have any proofs? Acceptable, logical reasons?" Sungyeol questioned her.

"I have a logical reason. Remember what the book say? She was sculpting a a mirror that night and the moonlight changed, and it was odd because it got dimmer. After that, it unleashed a massive beam of light onto the mirror, so it reflected the light. When it reflected it, it turned against Queen Lu Na and it must have blinded her." She reasoned.

"So what are you saying? How did that became a murder?" He asked again.

"Last night, you saw me at the corridor asleep, right? I was dreaming and I saw a woman in white with a crown, who must be the queen. She gave me a mask that enabled me to trace the past." Se Na explained.

"We are in a magic realm, so that's possible. Go on." He told her.

"I saw her tripped on her long gown and she fell from the terrace. After that, she fell on the flowers. Then I saw her, she was about to get up as the flowers turned to crystals. But what I'm not sure is how did they turned to flowers?" Se Na told him her confusion. 

"You have a point. But who dimmed the light of the moon, and who turned the flowers into crystals?" Sungyeol asked.

"You two have proven to me that you are worthy to be given one wish. You showed to me that you are interested in justifying the queen's death. But before you wish, you still have one more thing to do. You must take the seven gems back on the mirror." Sungjong told them.

"Where do we find the first gem?" Se Na asked him.

"I am one of the holders of the seven stones. And as a holder I must test you. To get the yellow gem... You must... ugh..." Sungjong thought of things that may test them.

"What? What do we have to do?" Sungyeol asked.

"You must find a lemon candy. It's my favorite. You can only find the rarely in..." Sungjong thought of where the candy can be found.

"Where?" Se Na asked.

"Of course, like other candies, it can be found in stores on the ordinary land." Sungjong told her.

"Ordinary world means the city." Sungyeol whispered to her. So, the three returned to Sungyeol's house and sat on the couch.

"That was tiring! W-W-Wait! Look at the clock. The last time check was 6:03, it is 6:04 now. It really is one second." Se Na was convinced.

"Nae... Yah! Go back to your house now! Supper might be ready." Sungyeol shouted at her. 

"Give me the mirror. It might not be good if it's with you." Se Na ordered.

"Aniyo! It is safer with me." He reasoned.

"Sungyeol-ssi, if you have a new girl friend and sees that you have this kind of mirror. She might think that you're gay and break up with you immediately." Se Na told him.

"Arasseo!" Sungyeol gave up.

"But join us!" Se Na pulled him to her house.


In Se Na's house

"Se Na! You have a visitor. Oh! Annyeonghaseo~ Lee Sungyeol! Please be comfortable!" Mrs. Lee told Se Na and greeted Sungyeol.

"He's joining us in supper, omma. And? Who is this guy?" Se Na asked her mother in a low volume.

"He's one of your lovers. He came from a rich family and have no girl friends at all yet." Mrs. Lee told her.

"Let's see about that." Se Na smiled with a partial evilness.

During supper

"Sungyeol-oppa~ sit here!" She ordered as she patted the seat next to him, when she saw the guy about to sit next to her.

"You can sit in front of me." Se Na smiled at the guy, so he did as he said.

"Flowers?" The guy brought a bouquet of flowers. 

"Wow! But I'm allergic to it. Omma! You can have it. You like flower arranging, right?" Se Na rejected his offer.

"Aahhh... Nae!" She took the flowers and put it in a vase.

"Truthfully, I am curious. What is you're reason here? Appointments with Mom's flower shop?" Se Na asked.

"Aniyo. We were still freshmen back then when I had a crush with you. But as time passed by, I can't stop thinking of you." The guy told her.

"You know..." Se Na started to scoop some of her meal.

"I also feel that." She said.

"What? You also feel that to me?" The guy asked.

"I also feel it. The feeling, when you don't know if your crush like you or not. Unfortunately, I reject you." Se Na said with a straight face.

"Of course. That was... That was... I already know you're about to say that. I really like to stay here with you, but I forgot I have some things much more important to do." His face turned depressed as he walked out.

"You should have been more polite." Sungyeol told her.

"Flowers are the things I hate. I like a simple flower more than a bouquet." Se Na said.

"I think I must leave now. It's getting late. Thank you for the meal, Mrs. Lee." Sungyeol said.

"Oh! Please eat this caramel bar." Mrs. Lee gave the bar to him.

"Gamsahambida!" Sungyeol bowed as he walked out of the house.

"That man. He's charismatic." Sun Yae told him.

"Nae. That guy  was rich and handsome. But he looks TOO shy. I can't take his shyness anymore. It sickens me. You know I have a... Shy-po-phobia." Se Na created a word, which made everyone laugh.

"That man is a liar!" Mrs. Lee shouted.

"Wae?" Sun Yae asked.

"When we visited him, he said he dislike sweets and he took it." Mrs. Lee answered.

"You know, omma, when I was visiting him, I saw him break up with his oversensitive girl friend. I also saw the plate you gave him. It was already clean. He must have eaten it." Se Na revealed.

"Omma, I'll have to get fresh air." Se Na added as she went out.


Outside

"Se Na-ssi. I want you to receive this." Sungyeol gave her a pretty flower.

"What's this for?" Se Na asked as she blushed.

"Let's just say it's a token of our friendship." Sungyeol told her as both of them returned to their houses.


Annyeonghaseyo~ Thank you Teen-Kiss for commenting. Please don't forget to comment your suggestions and/or reactions to the chapter/ whole story. Please subscribe and upvote. Thank you for the constant support! I respect you, my dear readers, so don't be afraid to comment. Thank you!

                                                                          ~Chow